• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

So what's going on with Fantasy tonight? We should have our teams locked in for Monday? I think it would be silly if it takes both the qualifiers and main event though. Could end up with a dead spot on your squad

Ketch

Sure, I just have the most trouble dealing with PL.

Go for it, I got it changed in the world cup avatar thread.

And done. I'll probably keep it up for TI. I'm not the biggest CK fan, but I think bad ass biker dude just looks right in front the stars and stripes. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

So what's going on with Fantasy tonight? We should have our teams locked in for Monday? I think it would be silly if it takes both the qualifiers and main event though. Could end up with a dead spot on your squad

It takes all games, so even if you draft zephyr players if they're playing other games you still get points.

Wok

I have no idea how it works. I understand it is similar to Football Manager but with Dota2 players instead. I have created a fantasy league with:
  • id: 126270
  • password: steamgaf
If there is a draft to do, I would prefer something reasonable for Europeans.

ViviOggi

I feel slightly ashamed of the poor quality of mine considering I was the second person behind Matt to have a Diredude avatar.

Would anyone be able to make a better version of mine? I'm crap with this kinda thing.

Quickly threw these together

iRRrAvQ.jpg
hzlqtmY.jpg
LWAESCe.jpg

It's not hate to say the truth. They suck as a competitive team, that's just it. They most likely will never be a tier 1 team, ever. Shit, they're losing to tier 2 malaysian teams. Truth hurts sometime.

Are you jealous of the Lakers when you say they sucked dick this season? No, they just sucked dick this season. I can say milkman is the worst meepo player on neogaf without hating him, just the facts man.

I don't hate Purge or Blitz. I just don't think either of them should be professional dota 2 players or are fit to sell lessons in the same way I don't think my neighbor is fit to be an NBA player or sell me dunking lessons. Maybe he can go pro in Kazakhstan or something though, idk.

To use your comparisons:
There is a difference between thinking the Lakers suck and telling them they are acutally not a professional team at all because they don't meet your expectations or don't get better quick enough.

And you're not telling Milkman he is the worst meepo player on neogaf. You are telling him he is no meepo player at all and doesn't have the right to be one. And if he is popular as a meepo player and charges others 50 bucks to coach them, that is also bad because, uh, reasons i guess.

I'll ignore the whole "lol people in places with strange names suck, haha" bit.

Razzer

To use your comparisons:
There is a difference between thinking the Lakers suck and telling them they are acutally not a professional team at all because they don't meet your expectations or don't get better quick enough.

And you're not telling Milkman he is the worst meepo player on neogaf. You are telling him he is no meepo player at all and doesn't have the right to be one. And if he is popular as a meepo player and charges others 50 bucks to coach them, that is also bad because, uh, reasons i guess.

You seem really invested in this, move on. That arguement ended several pages ago.

Why would Anuxi be happy?

She's a Fnatic fangirl.

Madouu

Well played fnatic, gl to mouz. The 5 games were all about the drafts and I feel as though both teams deserved to be in the finals, more so than Na`vi who have not been playing great lately imo.

FACE

Banned
haha, pretty much.

That was really good from Fly, I would've just thought "OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!" while they killed me.

Well played fnatic, gl to mouz. The 5 games were all about the drafts and I feel as though both teams deserved to be in the finals, more so than Na`vi who have not been playing great lately imo.

Na'Vi are getting invited to tourneys because they have a big fanbase.

Acinixys

Youtube bought Twitch..

Its not yet "oficially" confirmed but it seems like its true

Is this YouTube investing for the future or buying out the competition or avoid a huge viewership struggle in the future?

Maybe Google is like fuck it why invest billions in creating a streaming service when we can just buy one?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
To use your comparisons:

guys i found a gif of procarbine dancing:

ifNzLvpLmxvyw.gif

Its not yet "oficially" confirmed but it seems like its true

Is this YouTube investing for the future or buying out the competition or avoid a huge viewership struggle in the future?

Maybe Google is like fuck it why invest billions in creating a streaming service when we can just buy one?
All of the above.

Low Tier
To use your comparisons:

Using Lakers is a poor example because the Lakers were/still are a competitive team. Zephyr was a pick-me-up after Blitz got fucked over by Febby, as he was quick enough to realize: "Hey they're throwing reel money we can win because koreans have actually never played dota seriously." Its akin to some group of friends here deciding to go play professional basketball in China to steal some easy money because Chinese people for the most part are godawful at that game but still love it.

Also, he's saying Purge isn't fit to be a professional player, not that he's 'no meepo player at all and doesn't have the right to be one.' "Purge is a bad player and shouldn't be a professional player" doesnt mean "Purge is not a player and doesn't deserve to be one". To be a professional player means you have to actually be good at the game, and Purge just isnt that calibur of player. He can coach all he wants, more power to him if he can con people when there are better players who coach (iceiceice), people who coach for less (milkman), and people that fit both categories. (synderen)

Zephyr went to play in a scene that's never played dota seriously or at all, and won some money against people who were completely new to the game. You (all the Zephyr fanboys) thought that meant they were a real team or someshit and decided that they were good because what they were doing is akin to going to some 2nd graders' sandbox and kicking sand in their face. Now they're playing on an international scene, and even against the SEA scene (which is arguably weaker then both the Chinese and EU scene) they're getting destroyed by not only A-tier teams but B and Cs as well.

While there's no reason to attack Purge as an individual, he's a sham of a player and a scam artist for coaching, as anywhere outside of Korea he isn't anywhere near good enough to be a professional player. I mean he's the weakest link on Zephyr and Zephyr's one of the worst teams in the world.

tl;dr: Purge sucks, fanboys cry. He's not good and just stole money from a scene.

Either google got a hell of a deal with youtube or twitch just got the pay day of their lives.

All these numbers just seem so wrong put next to each other. Twitch is 4/5ths of you tube? Come on.

Using Lakers is a poor example because the Lakers were/still are a competitive team. Zephyr was a pick-me-up after Blitz got fucked over by Febby, as he was quick enough to realize: "Hey they're throwing reel money we can win because koreans have actually never played dota seriously." Its akin to some group of friends here deciding to go play professional basketball in China to steal some easy money because Chinese people for the most part are godawful at that game but still love it.

Also, he's saying Purge isn't fit to be a professional player, not that he's 'no meepo player at all and doesn't have the right to be one.' "Purge is a bad player and shouldn't be a professional player" doesnt mean "Purge is not a player and doesn't deserve to be one". To be a professional player means you have to actually be good at the game, and Purge just isnt that calibur of player. He can coach all he wants, more power to him if he can con people when there are better players who coach (iceiceice), people who coach for less (milkman), and people that fit both categories. (synderen)

Zephyr went to play in a scene that's never played dota seriously or at all, and won some money against people who were completely new to the game. You (all the Zephyr fanboys) thought that meant they were a real team or someshit and decided that they were good because what they were doing is akin to going to some 2nd graders' sandbox and kicking sand in their face. Now they're playing on an international scene, and even against the SEA scene (which is arguably weaker then both the Chinese and EU scene) they're getting destroyed by not only A-tier teams but B and Cs as well.

While there's no reason to attack Purge as an individual, he's a sham of a player and a scam artist for coaching, as anywhere outside of Korea he isn't anywhere near good enough to be a professional player. I mean he's the weakest link on Zephyr and Zephyr's one of the worst teams in the world.

tl;dr: Purge sucks, fanboys cry. He's not good and just stole money from a scene.

Where can I sign up for milkman coaching?

inkls

It's an ult, ults tend to go through everything. Same way you can use BKB but still get black holed. You don't take the damage but you are taken out of the game for a bit.

I though that was the point of decrepefying an ally. She can't rightclick them during ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom