• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't understand the huge nerf on Luna either.

She's so squishy and weak early game now. VERY squishy.

huge nerf? She was picked or banned pretty much every game and -4 base agi is a solid nerf to discourage her from being picked so often. She lost 4 damage, 4 attack speed and .57 armor, nothing gamebreaking. Competitive is all about trends, and one way to change the trends is to slap heroes with minor nerfs or buffs, and that's all that is happening here.

Remember when everyone yelled naga was overnerfed post ti2? She went through cycles of being completely ignored and then coming out of nowhere as a top tier support/carry and ironically, she's now even worse than her post-ti2 version lol.

Anyone have the April tier list?

The May tier list will be much more telling, picks have changed a lot since April.

huge nerf? She was picked or banned pretty much every game and -4 base agi is a solid nerf to discourage her from being picked so often. She lost 4 damage, 4 attack speed and .57 armor, nothing gamebreaking. Competitive is all about trends, and one way to change the trends is to slap heroes with minor nerfs or buffs, and that's all that is happening here.

Remember when everyone yelled naga was overnerfed post ti2? She went through cycles of being completely ignored and then coming out of nowhere as a top tier support/carry and ironically, she's now even worse than her post-ti2 version lol.

The May tier list will be much more telling, picks have changed a lot since April.

Probably. I'm just having a harder time using her than before.

Fair point on Naga though. m\Maybe like with her, I need to learn a different way to play Luna now. Bleargh.

1 BILLION DOLLARS

giphy.gif

sofa change for google
http://a.pomf.se/gbzcpn.webm

Ketch

tl;dr: Purge sucks, fanboys cry. He's not good and just stole money from a scene.

At the risk of dragging this on.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except on a couple points.

I don't think anybody actually thinks they're good. They're fun to root for because they're the underdog and I'm a fan of the purge plays series.

People say they don't deserve it. What does that even mean? If you play a match, and you win the match, then you deserved to win it. Did Team Liquid deserve to beat LGD? I don't know, but it was hype as fuck when they did. That's why I root(ed) for Zephyr, because it would have been awesome to see a team of Americans who aren't that much better then me make it to the international... or at least produce an upset or two.

Team Liquid didn't move to Korea to get a chance at facing LGD though, and I get that criticism. Koreans do the same thing in reverse in starcraft, and it is kind of bullshit. But they still had to move to Korea and beat everybody there just for a chance. And they did beat everybody there, so if they didn't get an invite that would be kind of screwed up too. I don't know.

What I'm saying is: there are comments here like, "I hope they loose all their games and I'm glad they aren't going to make it to the international." What the fuck is that? How is that not being a hater?

If it's Arrow vs Zephyr, do you say "I hope Arrow wins because they're the better team" or "I hope Zephyr looses, because fuck those guys"? A lot of people are/did/were doing the second thing, and I don't get it.

rac

Banned
If it's Arrow vs Zephyr, do you say "I hope Arrow wins because they're the better team" or "I hope Zephyr looses, because fuck those guys"? A lot of people are/did/were doing the second thing, and I don't get it.

Well everyone on arrow is from asia, right? The way I see Zephyr is they moved to another country to play dota because they couldn't cut it in NA.

thoughts on this draft?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/668136100

seemed like it was annoying to play against
I'm not good at these things but one thing I noticed is you have 4 Strength heroes, Timbersaw would have ripped a hole through your team if they picked him over maybe Magnus. Maybe I'm wrong, but besides stuns you have no way of stopping him.

Come! Somebody has an extra ticket to sell.
I don't have the money to spare to go to Seattle, let alone buy a TI4 ticket as well. I'm going to aim for TI5 for sure though.

Oreoleo

I have no idea how it works. I understand it is similar to Football Manager but with Dota2 players instead. I have created a fantasy league with:
  • id: 126270
  • password: steamgaf
If there is a draft to do, I would prefer something reasonable for Europeans.

I joined, hope that is alright :)

Falk

that puzzling face
So I had a dream where WD had an arcana that was Rafiki from Lion King and he threw Simba as cask.

Am I terminal?

Using Lakers is a poor example because the Lakers were/still are a competitive team. Zephyr was a pick-me-up after Blitz got fucked over by Febby, as he was quick enough to realize: "Hey they're throwing reel money we can win because koreans have actually never played dota seriously." Its akin to some group of friends here deciding to go play professional basketball in China to steal some easy money because Chinese people for the most part are godawful at that game but still love it.

Also, he's saying Purge isn't fit to be a professional player, not that he's 'no meepo player at all and doesn't have the right to be one.' "Purge is a bad player and shouldn't be a professional player" doesnt mean "Purge is not a player and doesn't deserve to be one". To be a professional player means you have to actually be good at the game, and Purge just isnt that calibur of player. He can coach all he wants, more power to him if he can con people when there are better players who coach (iceiceice), people who coach for less (milkman), and people that fit both categories. (synderen)

Zephyr went to play in a scene that's never played dota seriously or at all, and won some money against people who were completely new to the game. You (all the Zephyr fanboys) thought that meant they were a real team or someshit and decided that they were good because what they were doing is akin to going to some 2nd graders' sandbox and kicking sand in their face. Now they're playing on an international scene, and even against the SEA scene (which is arguably weaker then both the Chinese and EU scene) they're getting destroyed by not only A-tier teams but B and Cs as well.

While there's no reason to attack Purge as an individual, he's a sham of a player and a scam artist for coaching, as anywhere outside of Korea he isn't anywhere near good enough to be a professional player. I mean he's the weakest link on Zephyr and Zephyr's one of the worst teams in the world.

tl;dr: Purge sucks, fanboys cry. He's not good and just stole money from a scene.

The jealousy is strong in this one. This is almost embarrassing to read.

people seem to think being better at the game entitles them to earning more money. rofl

not to mention the whole fallacy of being good at something = being good at teaching something. because good researchers are always good teachers hurr durr

just find a high ranked korean player to act as a translator and move 4 people to korea. beat zephyr, earn real (easy) money

manfestival

the whole digital sports joke is already lame and stupid. Thank you people for killing what was something that was somewhat funny at one point

Hylian7

I feel that way about that entire announcer pack.
I enjoy it and it will be on shuffle after a few more games with it. I like the shuffle function for announcers, with it, even the PFlax pack isn't bad. With every announcer pack, the key is small bouts of each.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Am I the only one who wants mega kills and regular announcer to always be matched up? That's why I don't use shuffle.

Am I the only one who wants mega kills and regular announcer to always be matched up? That's why I don't use shuffle.

Probably. If I couldn't listen to any announcer with NBA Jam mega kills I'd stop playing this game. Though I guess since all my mega kills are unequipped it wouldn't affect me anyway.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The jealousy is strong in this one. This is almost embarrassing to read.

"kwame brown is just bad, why is he in the NBA?"

"shit man ur so jelly of kwame brown!!! LAMO!"

tho like 109 pointed out that's not even a fair comparison because kwame brown actually made it to the NBA, purge didn't make it anywhere near NA/EU competitive dota.

BeesEight

I enjoy it and it will be on shuffle after a few more games with it. I like the shuffle function for announcers, with it, even the PFlax pack isn't bad. With every announcer pack, the key is small bouts of each.

I think that's why I really like the Bastion announcer. It isn't filled with lots of jokes or anything over the top so it never really gets to the grating level. Plus, with all those lines, I'm usually hearing something fresh (even if it's only at the pick screen).

The Pflax pack made me want to tear out my eardrums after having it on for 50 consecutive games or so. Thank God I came across the Lina announcer, nothing over the top, just a slightly more interesting default announcer.

Low Tier
The Pflax pack made me want to tear out my eardrums after having it on for 50 consecutive games or so. Thank God I came across the Lina announcer, nothing over the top, just a slightly more interesting default announcer.

finally someone with proper taste in announcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom