• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I bought Shadowblade at the end of the game because I wanted to sneak into their base. It was not part of my build at all.

Bottle -> Treads -> Blink -> Abyssal

I get that Zephyr is a weak team. I don't understand why being of a professional skill level is required to charge an amount of money to coach people. Purge isn't out there tricking people better than him to hire him as a coach, he's just coaching random fans who are probably worse than him. There's tons of video evidence showing what his skill level is and lots of videos that are instructional for free, and people still choose to get coaching from him at his stated price. I don't understand which part of that is a scam. He's not the best player and he doesn't offer the best fee, but he has exposure and a decent attitude and banks on that.

As for mucking up the Korean scene, they're exploiting a young scene for sure, but Zephyr wouldn't even exist if fOu had kept it together. I was watching Purge's videos at the time and he stated he was completely fine with where he was in terms of producing content and getting youtube money. If they had just decided to move there to form a Korean team without Blitz basically committing himself to a move and ending up stranded with no team I'd feel a lot worse about it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't know how but somehow I just won my Lone Druid game... I didn't even have to be carried. I thought I was going to have to reroll that hero and only picked him to try and lose on purpose because one of the guys I was queuing with was trying to win with his last compendium hero.

shira

All muh rarez on Lakelz, let's do this Thailand!
SagatSpecial.gif

Haly

Soul Ring is okay on LC. My only gripe is that it delays her Jungle too much.

I get that Zephyr is a weak team. I don't understand why being of a professional skill level is required to charge an amount of money to coach people. Purge isn't out there tricking people better than him to hire him as a coach, he's just coaching random fans who are probably worse than him. There's tons of video evidence showing what his skill level is and lots of videos that are instructional for free, and people still choose to get coaching from him at his stated price. I don't understand which part of that is a scam. He's not the best player and he doesn't offer the best fee, but he has exposure and a decent attitude and banks on that.

As for mucking up the Korean scene, they're exploiting a young scene for sure, but Zephyr wouldn't even exist if fOu had kept it together. I was watching Purge's videos at the time and he stated he was completely fine with where he was in terms of producing content and getting youtube money. If they had just decided to move there to form a Korean team without Blitz basically committing himself to a move and ending up stranded with no team I'd feel a lot worse about it.

And we don't know, Purge could be a pretty good coach.

Mushi used to coach at times in Malaysia. I should've gone to his classes :(

Haly

Let's her spam Press the Attack, giving her infinite jungle sustain.

Soul Ring is okay on LC. My only gripe is that it delays her Jungle too much.
This is basically where I got stuck too. By the time the Soul Ring actually speeds up your farm you're already too far behind because you went Soul Ring in the first place. The best build might just be treads into Blink, even though I like getting a midas for fun.

If only her early jungling wasn't so damn slow.

Haly

I wouldn't even get Treads. Brown boots + faster blink + careful target choice is a lot better than Treads + Blink.

Razzer

This is basically where I got stuck too. By the time the Soul Ring actually speeds up your farm you're already too far behind because you went Soul Ring in the first place. The best build might just be treads into Blink, even though I like getting a midas for fun.

If only her early jungling wasn't so damn slow.

Ideally you aren't jungling her.

Ultrabum

You had one job MVP. You had one job. Don't let MITH free farm a morphling. That's the strat they beat arrow with.

YOU HAD ONE JOB GOD DAMNIT.

BeesEight

I don't know how but somehow I just won my Lone Druid game... I didn't even have to be carried. I thought I was going to have to reroll that hero and only picked him to try and lose on purpose because one of the guys I was queuing with was trying to win with his last compendium hero.

I just lost against a Lone Druid as my teammates were going full retard. I don't think I'm ever going to finish my compendium heroes. I'm an awful Queen of Pain and even when I get a good start, my team just loses everywhere else.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just played a good game as Tinker but once I got both a sheepstick and dagon my fingers kept getting really confused and I kept whiffing combos between Sheep Dagon Laser Missile Rearm. I guess it's the kind of thing that needs practice.

dmshaposv

Three loses as razor. I hate this hero so much. I just feel so weak on him compared to other carries.

He is part of my compendium heroes and I even re rolled - Fuck - got him again. Ive zoomed through clock, doom, axe, slardar, omni and this guy just stumps me.

I went mid one of those games, and did ok against huskar scoring 2 kills but then my team proceeded to get overwhelmed by 10 min enemy deathball and fed him several kills. Other games had abandonments and Team mates being decimated by never-miss-a-hook Bazillion flesh heap stacked pudge.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Three loses as razor. I hate this hero so much. I just feel so weak on him compared to other carries.

He is part of my compendium heroes and I even re rolled - Fuck - got him again. Ive zoomed through clock, doom, axe, slardar, omni and this guy just stumps me.

I went mid one of those games, and did ok against huskar scoring 2 kills but then my team proceeded to get overwhelmed by 10 min enemy deathball and fed him several kills. Other games had abandonments and Team mates being decimated by never-miss-a-hook Bazillion flesh heap stacked pudge.
What?
Razor is so boss.

You a fast zappy motherfucka who steal dmg 4eva, just click on dudes and they die as you go sanic fast

Rahk

I remember there being a web site with live updates on TI3 matches, that listed kills, GPM etc. as well as current hero locations positioned on a map.

Is that site still around, or is there anything similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom