• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Is this the same MVP phoenix that went to starladder and came in 2nd to zephyr in KDL. I thought I heard they had a roster change but I can't figure it out.

SEA Dota, man grats to MVP I guess but after watching this qualifiers, they (and the rest of the other teams) don't deserve to be in TI4. Can't wait to see them get wrecked in the main event.

shira

Is this the same MVP phoenix that went to starladder and came in 2nd to zephyr in KDL. I thought I heard they had a roster change but I can't figure it out.

Kick demon, win TI4

I remember there being a web site with live updates on TI3 matches, that listed kills, GPM etc. as well as current hero locations positioned on a map.

Is that site still around, or is there anything similar?
Great little site, too bad it's not active anymore
http://www.dota2mobile.com/

G.ZZZ

NAdota at least had the excuse of historically being weak at dota, the SEA scene being this embarrassing is not excusable. Legit worse than south America dota. The talent is still there but their strats and teamplay are literally T3 European team

Acinixys

Bo5 right? Don't know how much I can stay up for, even if it's only three games of Arrow rolling.

So nice living in the EU time zone, even if i am 20 000 miles below them. The GD studio is like 1 min behind the time here. Makes watching games much easier

1VAS1JZ.gif

Razzer

NAdota at least had the excuse of historically being weak at dota, the SEA scene being this embarrassing is not excusable. Legit worse than south America dota. The talent is still there but their strats and teamplay are literally T3 European team

This is what I was getting at a few days ago. Whilst it is the International, there are definitely teams from China and EU that are not going to make the cut who would trounce these SEA and NA teams. So the argument that they don't deserve to be at TI4 is worth thinking about if you consider TI to be solely about gathering the best teams there are, rather than representing each region so we can compare them against each other. I personally subscribe to the latter definition, but that is the reasoning I would imagine.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I agree razzer, IMO the best format would be something like "qualifying" for the qualifiers if that makes sense lol. Probably have to split this between NA/EU and China/SEA for server reasons, but basically just have a qualifiers group stage (like we had), where the top 4 advance to a playoff bracket with the top 4 from their paired region (i.e. EU and US). Top two from each punch a ticket whereas the 3rd placers from each region go head to head for the last spot. This way we get the openness of these qualifiers (where no team is left out ala kaipi last year) with the selectivity of prior years remaining intact.

That kind of format guarantees that the best teams are going; it's kind of sad how loaded the EU and Chinese qualifiers are, knowing that only 1 team can punch a ticket. There are 3-4 very strong teams in each of those groups that would easily destroy most (if not all) the NA/SEA teams.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's fine the way it is, pretty similar to the World Cup that it's not just the best teams but a good mix of teams from around the world.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just lost against a Lone Druid as my teammates were going full retard. I don't think I'm ever going to finish my compendium heroes. I'm an awful Queen of Pain and even when I get a good start, my team just loses everywhere else.

This is how I feel trying to beat my Beastmaster game. I'm not awful on the hero but the tards I stack with or the occasional pub we get matched up with wait for me to pick him and then go full retard. 3 attempts now and still can't win with my last compendium hero.

Problem with SEA is that there's little support for pro gamers, and the fact that it's secluded to just the South East of Asia.

We are like fucking Brazil in Football. We love our Dota but our best players are off playing in China.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If anybody wants a free win with a 4-5 stack in all pick, we did a pretty hilarious aura game with Drow, Lycan, Venge and Visage today. We weren't doing the best job actually killing their heroes but holy shit their buildings melted.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/667949213

Before anybody feels bad for our opponents, we played another game against this same 5 stack right after this one and they spanked the shit out of us.

Wok

I have no idea how it works. I understand it is similar to Football Manager but with Dota2 players instead. I have created a fantasy league with:
  • id: 126270
  • password: steamgaf
If there is a draft to do, I would prefer something reasonable for Europeans.

I joined, hope that is alright :)

3SxxGjD.jpg

Yeah, sure! So, now, we have 6 people in the league, and we have to decide for a time to draft. I have chosen tonight at 9:05 PM (Central European Summer Time, so UTC+2). Let me know if this is okay for you! I think the draft has to start before the 20th though.

I have also added 4 slots so that more European people can join. It is the first time I do this.

t1400526300z0.png

I read you can connect 5 minutes before the draft starts.

patapuf

It's fine the way it is, pretty similar to the World Cup that it's not just the best teams but a good mix of teams from around the world.

Jep, it's nice having representation from every region.

It's not like the tournament is being flooded by "non-deserving" teams either. Arrow/MVP and NAR seem decent enough and the winner of the wildcard match is going to be a heavy underdog no matter the region the team is from.

Wok

Additional info from Reddit:

PerfectWorld's collaboration with Alipay and Coca-Cola: 14 new cosmetic items

PerfectWorld's TI4 Promotional Release Merchandises: 7 new cosmetic items

The Alipay/Coca-Cola promotion is a tie-in between Perfect World (China's publisher of DOTA2), Coca-Cola and Alipay (China's major online payment handler). Buy a 1.25l PET bottle of Coke/Sprite/Soda/Orange Juice and you can use your handphone with Alipay app to scan the redemption code and exchange for one item.

The TI4 promotional figurines has been confirmed to be a China-only merchandise. Each figurine is 7-10cm in height, will come with a genuine mythical item for the specific heroes. They will be up for pre-orders within China from the 20th May onwards, onsite at the qualifiers. Pre-orders secured at the qualifiers will be limited in number. General pre-orders will be opened to the public online on the 23rd May. They cost 855 CNY (About USD $137) per set, shipped in China. These do not ship internationally. You'll have to make your own arrangements if you want them.

For more detailed pictures of figurines, here's the webstore. It shows that Tidehunter is a short bastard and Crystal Waifu is in fact, taller than Tide.

How to advertise a $137 figurine:

Those items are part of the coke collection. A different promotion.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/dota-2-14th-may-patch-content-analysis/1100-1465/

Actually, It looks like the Witch Staff and Toad Totem are part of their own promotion, they are being given out on their own. You can find some one the market now.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Witch Staff
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Toad Totem

True, they do not appear on the coke page:

CzVcDjd.jpg

Ultimatum

Banned
This is what I was getting at a few days ago. Whilst it is the International, there are definitely teams from China and EU that are not going to make the cut who would trounce these SEA and NA teams. So the argument that they don't deserve to be at TI4 is worth thinking about if you consider TI to be solely about gathering the best teams there are, rather than representing each region so we can compare them against each other. I personally subscribe to the latter definition, but that is the reasoning I would imagine.

ti4 obviously won't be the top 16 teams, but the reason teams from other regions are included is because it grows the game over there so that 3 years from now their scene will be able to compete at the top level. TI4's 16 teams may be weaker now, but it's about long term growth so that in 3 years TI7 will be even stronger than it would have been.

plus more countries = larger audience = larger prize pool = better teams

gotta think about long term goals

It's actually sort of impressive that the EUHub stream is full of ethnically and gender-diverse, attractive, and generally charismatic people (except Tobi), which runs contrary to stereotypes about the game and the hobby in general.

Ultimatum

Banned
It's actually sort of impressive that the EUHub stream is full of ethnically and gender-diverse, attractive, and generally charismatic people (except Tobi), which runs contrary to stereotypes about the game and the hobby in general.

yeah but they're european even our nerds are attractive

Razzer

ti4 obviously won't be the top 16 teams, but the reason teams from other regions are included is because it grows the game over there so that 3 years from now their scene will be able to compete at the top level. TI4's 16 teams may be weaker now, but it's about long term growth so that in 3 years TI7 will be even stronger than it would have been.

plus more countries = larger audience = larger prize pool = better teams

gotta think about long term goals

Oh yeah I agree, hence 'subscribe to latter'. I just wanted to establish the counter argument eloquently, you know how arguments can get on the internet.

Arkanius

I finally won my game as Brood

http://dotabuff.com/players/381550

What a fucking annoying hero to play. You have to push your lane (Which I did successfuly everytime) but my god damned teams always managed to lose the game everywhere else. Even the last game took 60 minutes because no one pushed, except me.

At one point yesterday evening, there were 6 people on screen, with 6 different countries of origin and 6 different mother tongues. Pretty cool.

K.Sabot

That Roshan scout was really...

coincidental.

That knowing of where mvp is without ward is...

coincidental.

Stream chat going mad!

K.Sabot

Grats Arrow, have fun getting wrecked by Rox.kis at the play-in.

edit: I meant MVP lol
Edit: apparently I'm the only one who watched this series lol

sephi22

Grats Arrow, have fun getting wrecked by Rox.kis at the play-in.

edit: I meant MVP lol
Edit: apparently I'm the only one who watched this series lol
You sure? Coz I saw it too and the casters made it seem like Arrow is the 13th team in TI4 already.
Also, ddz is a star

K.Sabot

The sentence should have been "Grats Arrow, Mpv, have fun getting wrecked by Rox.kis in the play-in".

It's 6 am for me and I've been drinking.

Falk

that puzzling face
The highlight of the entire set of Bo5 was brew hiding in the forest at top and SD putting down a sentry, with honest to God every casting channel erupting in laughter

Oh Koreans u so silly
but learning fast tbh, other than that unfortunate 2x ravage into song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom