• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What's the chance of all the stretch goals being implemented before TI5?
I think most of the stuff will actually be out by the end of June, I don't expect the environmental effects and base customization until sometime like October.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Someone let me know how my draft goes. For some reason it's happening in the middle of the workday even though at least 50% of the people can't do it at that time.

Razzer

And now the big boys start. The china qualifier should be good, everything I've seen and heard indicates that all the top teams are even, able to take games off each other.

I think I'm most looking forward to see how Black has improved since last year, he seems to be having a lot of success with CIS, so he must have become more than a ricer.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I have a really rough version of my website up and running. Let me know if something is busted or if I misspelled any of the names:
http://dotahatstats.com/test_site/table.php

Outworld really needs more items. The data from the tables should be recent as of last night, but I turned down the rate data is collected to cut down on API calls, so I think some of the stuff released in the last week is going to be under represented.

Ok, I have a really rough version of my website up and running. Let me know if something is busted or if I misspelled any of the names:

Outworld really needs more items. The data from the tables should be recent as of last night, but I turned down the rate data is collected to cut down on API calls, so I think some of the stuff released in the last week is going to be under represented.

Looking at that, Valve went crazy with the items right off the bat on some of those heroes. Witch Doctor is right behind Lina, a hero who has a ton of items and gets new ones constantly, and WD is lucky to get maybe one item a year.

Also Shadow Demon has been item ready since forever and has the same amount of items, or less, than heroes item ready for only a few months...

Immensely surprised Nature's Prophet's new items are more common than his old ones. Diretide, Wraith Night and Year Beast must be the cause.

Also lol@ Iron Sides set being more common than that tournament Kunkka set. Iron Sides dropped for like a week.

The Warstomp Clan set for Centaur was sold for such a short time. half the pieces don't even register in the API as being owned.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at that, Valve went crazy with the items right off the bat on some of those heroes. Witch Doctor is right behind Lina, a hero who has a ton of items and gets new ones constantly, and WD is lucky to get maybe one item a year.

Also Shadow Demon has been item ready since forever and has the same amount of items, or less, than heroes item ready for only a few months...

Immensely surprised Nature's Prophet's new items are more common than his old ones. Diretide, Wraith Night and Year Beast must be the cause.

Also lol@ Iron Sides set being more common than that tournament Kunkka set. Iron Sides dropped for like a week.
Another Amusing thing I see is there are twice as many Sanguine Moon Patchs as there are Sanguine Moon Armor, which is likely due to New Bloom dumping a ton of Mythical Items onto the market.

Fake Edit: Checked the number, 40% are from New Bloom, which is a lot, but even removing them from the equation there is still more of them. Maybe it is also in part to being in the drop table longer.

The Warstomp Clan set for Centaur was sold for such a short time. half the pieces don't even register in the API as being owned.
Its not that the API doesn't register them, its that my dataminer hasn't landed on a single account that owns them. They are out there, somewhere!
Also a friend of mine swears he never saw it on the store, since he buys every tournament.

Ketch

Nice Kirby. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of bar graphs or pie charts.

Future suggestion might be a comparison between hero popularity, # of items, and win rates.... Just an idea.

That page makes tournament bundles look so bleak. On nearly every hero that has them, they're the least owned and/or least equipped of all that hero's items. I can see why Valve is attempting to scale them back for smaller tournaments.

Its not that the API doesn't register them, its that my dataminer hasn't landed on a single account that owns them. They are out there, somewhere!
Also a friend of mine swears he never saw it on the store, since he buys every tournament.

I wonder if they're the single rarest set in the entire game. They're even less common than Dosa Dark Seer and Alpine Ursa.

And I guess the market agrees
http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=appid:570+Warstomp+Clan

Valve uhh... might want to add them to the store/drop system...

But anyway, you should post that tool to Reddit!

Man, some of these tournament stats depress me.

There are less Forest Faun couriers is circulation than the Weta items.
There are tons and tons of tournament items that have less in existence than the TI2 immortal couriers.

They need to add these items to the drop system so they're loved :(

That page makes tournament bundles look so bleak. On nearly every hero that has them, they're the least owned and/or least equipped of all that hero's items. I can see why Valve is attempting to scale them back for smaller tournaments.

I wonder if they're the single rarest set in the entire game. They're even less common than Dosa Dark Seer and Alpine Ursa.

Why is that centaur set so expensive?

I was just really hoping for NAR and (presumably) Dog to have their low rent banners up on the TI stage. Something about all the seriousness undercut by goofiness was appealing.

Ketch

I just had two item traders attempt to add me on steam… but I don't know what for. I got the shadow demon tentacles and relic sword from the new chest… but they're only like .50 on the market.

scammers just trying to scam or what?

Also, with NAR and Dog, I wish they could keep their old names after getting sponsored. North American Rejects is so much better then a generic sponsor name that's already been used in the past. I guess its just part of the deal.

Team Papa John's road to TI5

edit:
Cross post from the compendium thread - the next stretch goals should be Free to Play 2 starring fluff n stuff for 10 mil and then a free iPad under every seat at TI4 for 20 mil.

Snoop Dog themed announcer/courier/hud and new dota music pack.

Wok

The price has only skyrocketed when the set was removed from the drop list.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ether the lion hand 'Carapace of Buki'vak the Corrupted' is not be in the drop pool, or there is something with my data collection. I'll have to check after class.

Zeknurn

lmao Nelson

uA5S79p.gif

FREE NELSON

Ether the lion hand 'Carapace of Buki'vak the Corrupted' is not be in the drop pool, or there is something with my data collection. I'll have to check after class.

It's not, despite the other pieces of the set being in it.

Which is weird

And also kind of sad it has only sold such a small amount.

jesus christ

We're going to hit 6 mill potentially by the end of tonight (PST), aren't we?

Yep, that's what estimations were showing and it looks like that'll happen easily.

Valve needs more goals ASAP before the momentum slows.

I had a ridiculous idea to remove all commons and uncommons from the drop system until the end of TI4 as a stretch goal, maybe with another goal to add in Genuine items to the system until TI4.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
jesus christ

We're going to hit 6 mill potentially by the end of tonight (PST), aren't we?

I think it's slowed down some, but Valve just needs some stop-gap stretch goals and it'll shoot back up.

What else would they do though, besides more pro scrim options, or pick-the-next-hero?

2nd place also getting arcana?

I had a ridiculous idea to remove all commons and uncommons from the drop system until the end of TI4 as a stretch goal, maybe with another goal to add in Genuine items to the system until TI4.

Uh, that combined with the Compendium boosters would mean people would be swimming in rares.

Would definitely shoot compendium purchases up, though.

I think it's slowed down some, but Valve just needs some stop-gap stretch goals and it'll shoot back up.

What else would they do though, besides more pro scrim options, or pick-the-next-hero?

2nd place also getting arcana?

Uh, that combined with the Compendium boosters would mean people would be swimming in rares.

Would definitely shoot compendium purchases up, though.

Someone in this thread suggested that every compendium owner gets one random arcana. That would be an easy goal to implement. Personally I'm not sure stretch goals are needed. Without additional goals, you still get stuff for leveling up your compendium (which unless you are really good at predictions- is pretty enticing to throw money at)

Arkanius

Whats the use of more goals if Valve can't even give us the ones we already achieved?
They should be faster pumping them out.

I'm not paying for them to decide the future updates. I'm paying to get those goals now. I'm not their manager to set their deadlines and milestones until the end of the year.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just release them into normal matchmaking and keep them out of CM.

bbd23

this game is so fucking frustrating man god damnnnnnnnnnnnnn

bad buy backs just cost us a game. Im going to cry boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom