• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please god no don't advocate drums. I hate that on PA. You do no damage, you get zero benefit from the aura and active, all it gives you is some extra tankiness through stats. Big woop, you die in 3 nukes rather than 2.

Because Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Sustainability are crap on a hero like PA? Honestly all you really need is Drums + BKB and you're very survivable. Dominator is no more helpful for outright survivability if you're going to worry about exclusively getting nuked down. It's hardly a garbage item.

inkls

Because Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Sustainability are crap on a hero like PA? Honestly all you really need is Drums + BKB and you're very survivable. Dominator is no more helpful for outright survivability if you're going to worry about exclusively getting nuked down. It's hardly a garbage item.

although helm gives lifesteal which is pretty good with the damage from her ult.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Matt's doing his usual PR routine talking down the prospect of additional stretch goals.

That'd really be a huge mistake on Valve's part. This thing has legs. Let's see how far it can go

Ketch

I'm pretty frustrated with how scared I always am to initiate, I can't get it out of my system. Like I wait too long for the perfect initiation.

It helps to know your team is there ready to go in behind you, but good lucking finding that in a pub.

On a side note, I've been practicing a lot of invoker in bot games, and I've got the exort spell combos down, but I'm still not sure about taking him into an actual game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I'm pretty sure the fantasy league is counting points from amateur leagues like ixdl, which is completely fucking retarded. Ush somehow has 72 points today despite SNA not being in any tournaments. Nice valve, nice.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So I'm pretty sure the fantasy league is counting points from amateur leagues like ixdl, which is completely fucking retarded. Ush somehow has 72 points today despite SNA not being in any tournaments. Nice valve, nice.

It's generally pretty poorly thought out IMO. Fantasy Dota is never going to be fair unless there's an actual defined season you can measure, in which each team is going to have the same number of games and the variable is player performance. Group stages like Dreamleague are the closest we have. As it stands now you're just guessing what teams will play the most.

shira

6vNaJ5k.jpg

u8QuYiK.jpg

rNenCSR.jpg

20130807225253a0djq5pphbgkmsrd.jpg

I guess China is fucking serious about recreating TI3 like atmosphere

K.Sabot

lol my auto-draft fantasy team

633 - RoX.Kis
NWP - Titan
chshrct - PowerRangers
KoaLa - Rex Regnum (lol)
ima_sheep - eHuG (lol)

and my bench

BRICKS - No Earthspirit (lol)
Nafari - Rex Regnum (lol)
zxc - PowerRangers

Only one player who is confirmed for the actual tournament.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's generally pretty poorly thought out IMO. Fantasy Dota is never going to be fair unless there's an actual defined season you can measure, in which each team is going to have the same number of games and the variable is player performance. Group stages like Dreamleague are the closest we have. As it stands now you're just guessing what teams will play the most.

Yeah I agree, the drafting and shootin the shit in mumble was fun, but everything else about the league is pretty awful.

lol my auto-draft fantasy team

633 - RoX.Kis
NWP - Titan
chshrct - PowerRangers
KoaLa - Rex Regnum (lol)
ima_sheep - eHuG (lol)

and my bench

BRICKS - No Earthspirit (lol)
Nafari - Rex Regnum (lol)
zxc - PowerRangers

Only one player who is confirmed for the actual tournament.

:lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My Auto Draft for Ceramic Steave's Leauge is somewhat ok. Going to have to fix it up over the next few days with some player swapping.

Moon (PR)
H4nn1 (Fnatic)
PatSoul (Top5)
Sedox (Rox Kis)
Net (Titan)
SXOCX (Orange)
Corey (Zephyr)
Xi(IG)

Wait, Does NADota Elite League count? I see PPD has points while I don't think EG played today. Oh god this thing is a mess.

Ketch

Yeah I agree, the drafting and shootin the shit in mumble was fun, but everything else about the league is pretty awful.

Yea... it's a little bit underwhelming. It really needed a better way to organize the players while drafting, or a search function. And now that we're already started it really needs something that says when your players are supposed to play next. The client has a tournament tab in it already, just add an "upcoming matches" section and have it reflect in the fantasy league area as well.

Shinypogs

God damnit that is the last time I listen to people be all " I just want my divine, please wait 5 mins." I don't care what I get called, I don't need that heart attack when our rapier carrier dies. We won, we were too far ahead to lose and we got the rapier back but it was still scarey. It's probably bad manners but when we're two sets of rax and twenty kills ahead fuck your rapier I'm ending the game.

Ketch

It's probably bad manners but when we're two sets of rax and twenty kills ahead fuck your rapier I'm ending the game.

When your two sets of rax and 20 kills up, it's pretty bad manners not to end ASAP. Nobody wants to waster any more time in a game that's already over.

Shinypogs

When your two sets of rax and 20 kills up, it's pretty bad manners not to end ASAP. Nobody wants to waster any more time in a game that's already over.

Every time I touched the enemy creeps or base my teammates yelled at me over voicechat and I bowed to peer pressure :(
Like I was ruining their game by not letting them get the thing they wanted.

I don't fountain farm and I always focus the ancient if my teammates are being dicks and fountain farming but today while in game I just couldn't bring myself to be the 'bad guy' and push while everyone else wanted to farm shiny things.

Now I just feel bad.

Sibylus

Banned
I must be missing something obvious but I'm getting rekt in private bot games trying to learn Drow Ranger. I barely manage to build a lead then every damn dummy runs mid and feed ugh. Here's a build I've been using and tweaking but it's not working out :(.

Any guide I've found for her is for before 6.80 so it's not relevant anymore. Is there anybody that can list some guidelines for playing Drow Ranger ?
I don't see the guide, buuuut in general I'd say this: don't play any more greedy than the game calls for. Aura-first builds are great if you're left utterly alone early, but you need Frost Arrows and Gust if there's any pressure whatsoever. Building mobility (ie Phase, or Force Staff, or Blink, or MoM, whatever gets the job done) is more important than trying to mass up your damage quickly.

bsdf

Banned
autodraft turned out pretty good considering:
ush - sna
yoky - relax
ddz - arrow
ohy - titan
zai - eg

bench:
sylar - vici
poloson - scythe
g - vp

Razzer

Sorry for late reply, I was asleep. The reason the attack speed and movement speed are not useful is that you have to thing about what PAs strengths and weaknesses are, and how you will play because of this. Drums is an early game item, through and through. On most heroes the attack speed and movement helps you chase and gives you more dps. But PA has a 50% slow with 75% uptime, and a long range blink with low cooldown. She doesn't need more chase. Additionally, whilst PA is being played as a mid-game carry in this situation, she is still a carry. She needs to stay well away from the front line during fights early on, as nukes will destroy her. Instead you should be waiting for the fight to break down, then blinking on targets trying to rotate out of the fight on low health. Hence, you should be attacking only because you blinked on someone. This gives attack speed, so the drums attack speed is unnecessary. It will give you a tiny amount more dps but with only 1 item the effect is negligible.

Helm, as I mentioned, is a farming item, I only get it first if I will not be fighting much and need to sustain being in the jungle a lot. So yes, I agree it doesn't make you much tankier. But drums gives you 200 hp roughly, which is not gonna save PA if you are getting focused, as her hp is so fucking low that it means you survive 1 more magic missile, hooray.

BKB is something I don't like being forced to buy first either. I get it when the game is going to shit, and I simply have to go on the frontlines a bit for my team, so I need to survive the aforementioned stuns and nukes. Otherwise I get it second or even third if they have like no cc at all hardly.

I like basher first as it gives you more damage and the ability to lockdown targets early. It is also a long term investment for you abyssal, which is a fantastic mid game item on PA. with basher you can jump on someone, hopefully get a crit and burst them down, then get out. You can also solo kill with basher if you find some poor support somewhere.

When you have all 3 of these items, you have reasonable damage thanks to phase basher and BKB, enough to make the lifesteal do something in fights. You should also have a few points in blur by now, so evasion plus magic immunity should make you very survivable. And basher gives you proper lockdown in a manfight. These factors combined allow you to start going on the frontlines and start properly carrying. And by that point, the effect of drums will be neglagible. All drums does is delay this holy trinity, which is a horrible idea, as PA needs it ASAP to impact the game as much as she can before MKBs start coming out, at which point her survivability vs the other carry goes out the window. This is as much detail as I'll go into on mobile.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Calm the fuck down guys.

We still have 59 days till TI4.

No need to get every fucking stretch goal in a week and a fucking half.

#nopatience

Aselith

How do I Doom? I managed to finish Viper and BB for my challenge today but am now stuck on Doom.

Go into the jungle with a stout shield and 8 tangos. Come out with a Midas Maelstrom and Shadowblade and start wrecking shop. Best creep to eat is the witch doctor troll that makes skeletons and use skellies to tank creeps and add damage. EZ game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom