• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Watching NE desperately defend their base from the creeps to the soundtrack of the good the bad and the ugly is way better than any commentary.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
All right? So that makes Doom as a hero bad or?

Yeah.

A hero that works only when everything goes his way is a bad hero. Doom is not quite that fragile because his ult is a silver bullet, unlike LC. But if Doom didn't have his ult he would be trash.

Enchant wouldn't.
Chen wouldn't.
Axe wouldn't.
NP wouldn't.
Dark Seer wouldn't.
Ursa wouldn't.
Bat, while similar to Doom in that his ult is everything, is still very strong even before 6. That and he can do well in any lane, and can do it with very little farm.

These are good heroes. They do their job rain or shine; roamers, counterwards, rotations, whatever.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What's the record for the longest game ever? 100 something? 120?

EDIT: Refresher just to TP oh my god this game

dmshaposv

I also love it when you pick doom, everyone assumes "Doom, jungle?" and you say "no, I'll lane I'll be more effective".
"gg, doom noob don't go jungle".

The you wreck shit and go 10/1/15 as the team's aura whore with Vlads/Mek/AC/Wolf Crit. I love when I get the "Doom, mekansam? rofl noob no radiance gg!".

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What the hell happened. I turned off the game because it looked like NE had it in the bag, and now its 50 minutes later and NE is down to rax.

Shinypogs

No more fighting guys I've won with Doom now, it's fine. Apparently the key to winning at my skill level is to ignore the recommended items and just buy all the support stuff I usually get ( because no one else will) so the rest of the team doesn't die. I'll probably have to re-roll bounty and terrorblade ( possibly also luna) but everyone else I'll pull through with eventually.

I'll say that I didn't like playing Doom to be honest though. Bristle and viper were refreshing from my usual picks but he felt tedious * Shrugs*

Conceptor

June Clock ! !

but this game
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png

dmshaposv

Well I finally won as razor! It was sort of ez mode since the enemy Bloodseeker kept rupturing me, and I stood my ground, dmg stole and nuked the shit out of him. I ended up stomping with a early bkb.

So that leaves only 2 heroes on my compendium list:

Morphling and Tiny. I actually have 2 wins with morphling from ages ago but don't remember how. I guess someone carried me and I spammed morph. Tiny I've never played as and just randomed once as a "support" with soul ring. Needless to say, I got rekt hard.

Conceptor

༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ PROTECT THE ANCIENT ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

iamblades

The Casual rebuying BKB is my favorite thing of this game.

3 bkbs on a courier cause why the fuck not?

Also this game is a great example of why you push an advantage instead of falling back to farm, even if you have the better late game carries on paper, weird shit happens, and a couple pickoffs leading to being down a lane or two of rax makes the game hard, which makes you do stupid stuff like feed rapiers.

Divvy

This clockwerk is the MVP of this game regardless. Such good delays and diversions while somehow staying alive

EDIT: This Dazzle is hitting for 500 damage now

Aselith

Yeah.

A hero that works only when everything goes his way is a bad hero. Doom is not quite that fragile because his ult is a silver bullet, unlike LC. But if Doom didn't have his ult he would be trash.

Enchant wouldn't.
Chen wouldn't.
Axe wouldn't.
NP wouldn't.
Dark Seer wouldn't.
Ursa wouldn't.
Bat, while similar to Doom in that his ult is everything, is still very strong even before 6. That and he can do well in any lane, and can do it with very little farm.

These are good heroes. They do their job rain or shine; roamers, counterwards, rotations, whatever.

Doom does fine IF you get the appropriate items for him. People do crazy greedy builds with him though that focus around his ult so they do poorly. Doom can work well in any lane also if you set him up appropriately. The problem is people going Agh's Refresher not him as a hero. If you swallow a Satyr he can easily gank before 6 with the stun and his aura but people sit in jungle and farm til late game. It's not a hero problem, it's a player problem.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/646888959

If you watch this game jungle goes well for me but I'm also out and ganking after 11 minutes when I get Midas, farming lanes, defending towers, moving around working to shadowblade then ganking with shadowblade.

Contrast that with your Doom that goes jungle and buys bottle then buys phase and really has uncontested jungle the only time you "ganked" him is when he comes over to your lane and dies in a teamfight. You also wrecked his teammates in the lane like complete facerolling. He has essentially uncontested jungle up until 11 minutes when I stopped watching. He could have done exactly what I did and been better off then his build. He could have purchased a shadowblade instead of Midas and had that in roughly the same timing but instead spends money on bottle and phase adding really nothing to his later game potential.

He sucked so his hero sucked not the other way around.

Razzer

I keep expecting 7 item morph but he buys shitty items like mkb

ultra late game dota is really boring

In this particular match it's not amazing cus they are just splitpushing all the time, but when fights happen past like 60 minutes it's some of the most exciting dota you can ever see. Like MLG Columbus finals.

NE vs CIS

I can't handle this, I CAN'T HANDLE IT! 116 MINTUES! ALL THE RAPIERS! dghakjghadjklghadghl

But seriously I wish NE would've won, they're not kicked out yet right? If so I'll def keep on eye on them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You also wrecked his teammates in the lane like complete facerolling.

Why do you think I don't compare Doom favorably to other junglers?

Because he has no presence before 6! Because he can't salvage a lane like I did for Sniper.

If you watch this game jungle goes well for me but I'm also out and ganking after 11 minutes when I get Midas

Look at this shit. 11 fucking minutes. Your team might as well be playing a 4v5. If they can't handle being one down, then your Doom pick basically loses the game for yourself. A hero that relies on your teammates playing well, in pubs, is a bad hero. You need to be the one to dictate the pace of the game. As a support like CM or VS, I have more impact on the game than Doom does until late, when he actually has items and is more than a glorified Ultimate.

NE vs CIS

I can't handle this, I CAN'T HANDLE IT! 116 MINTUES! ALL THE RAPIERS! dghakjghadjklghadghl

But seriously I wish NE would've won, they're not kicked out yet right? If so I'll def keep on eye on them.
That was the first of like 8 games they have to play. Nobody is kicked out yet.

Conceptor

Meanwhile Anbokr has Black^ on his starters and 1.09 has June benched.

Unless the Dota 2 UI doesn't give us that information and just lists the team.

Divvy

Good, game goes to show you that the drafting plays a heavy role in determining games.

NE played defense like gods, such a shame they lost.

TBH it was their own fault for not pushing for the longest time and just farming. Then they made a mistake and lost their bottom racks and shit fell apart from there.

Yo that CIS vs NE game that just ended may be the single most ridiculous game of DotA2 I have ever seen.

118 minutes.

1367 CS Morphling.

I don't even.

Ultimatum

Banned
pretty tense if you ask me

In this particular match it's not amazing cus they are just splitpushing all the time, but when fights happen past like 60 minutes it's some of the most exciting dota you can ever see. Like MLG Columbus finals.

when a game gets to 100+ minutes it's because neither team can finish, they need a series of team fights to finish so each fight becomes way less important compared to normal late game. it feels more like a stalemate than anything.

I'm really surprised by the lack of rapiers too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom