• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

jY9e01mSqtQTY.png
C9
Vengeful_Spirit_icon.png
EMPIRE
iVrDYeTsljbtF.jpg

t1400601600z1.png

Free in dotatv or joinDota Red

inkls

PA is a shit hero. She relies too much on farm to be effective and if you get shut down you're just a melee creep. Her only saving grace is her ultimate. What a crap hero. She takes +30 minutes to come online during which your team needs to fight a 4v5.

kappa

PA is a shit hero. She relies too much on farm to be effective and if you get shut down you're just a melee creep. Her only saving grace is her ultimate. What a crap hero. She takes +30 minutes to come online during which your team needs to fight a 4v5.

kappa

got me with the kappa

also specter is definitely not the strongest or even one of the strongest carries in the game. Both void and AM easily outcarry her - the only thing she is really good for is gibbing the enemy teams supports if they are underfarmed.

She makes the fight 5v3 when you refresher those bitch ass supports

She's also a really decent man-fighter late game. Barely anyone can go toe to toe with her to be frank. Not sure what kind of experiences Freakinchair has made with her that led him to believe she can be "easily" outcarried. Shadow Demon can obviously wreck her regardless of how fed she is but that's due to his unique skills. Right-clicking her down before you drop 1st though? Good luck with that.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How do you use her Ulti effectively?

It's the one thing that I've never get with her.

As the others have said, its biggest benefit is buying you space to farm while still being able to jump into engagements. If my team decides to make a push up mid to their T2 I can go clear out most of our jungle and still jump in right when the action starts.

Plus Radiance on Spectre is just sick. One of the only heroes who I think a 35 minute Radiance isn't terrible on.

Zocano

Just woke up, what are the worthwhile games to watch for the China Qualifiers so far? Don't really have the time to watch them one by one.

Deadly

I have fantasy players on both these teams but got locked out of updating my roster because it locks at 5pm and not midnight... Mean while my match has Ush who somehow has 600 fucking points.

I blame stevewinwood.
Yeah is there like a schedule of matches that count towards the fantasy league?

Ketch

Yeah is there like a schedule of matches that count towards the fantasy league?

The blog post says all tournaments. The best schedule I found was on gosu gamers.

Also, six million dollars in like a week. We haven't even finished qualifiers. The immortal items haven't even. been. revealed. This has got to be the biggest esports event ever.... and I'm going to it.

Get fucking hyped.

Demoli

I'd be pretty surprised if valve wouldnt do an update between qualifiers and ti4.

If they have no hero updates until november like last year, then truly they are one of the most incompetent big companies out there

I'd be pretty surprised if valve wouldnt do an update between qualifiers and ti4.

If they haeve no hero updates until novemebr like last year, then truly they are one of the mons incompetent big companies out there

They need a bigger dedicated DOTA team. It's ludicrous to call Valve incompetent considering their output for such a small company.

Sanjay

She's also a really decent man-fighter late game. Barely anyone can go toe to toe with her to be frank. Not sure what kind of experiences Freakinchair has made with her that led him to believe she can be "easily" outcarried.

Let's see,

21 times played, 38.10% winrate.

Dat Freakinchair Spectre experience.

I love playing Spectre, one of my favourite heroes.

BeesEight

If they have no hero updates until november like last year, then truly they are one of the most incompetent big companies out there

Ha, most incompetent company because they don't release a hero within a certain time period? That hyperbole.

They are slow and it is frustrating but let's not forget that things could be a lot worse. If we want to talk about incompetence, shall we mention Riot's replay system? Or Blizzard's handling of the original Dota? Or pretty much every competitor in this genre?

I still want my Techies though. :(

Kioshen

Not being able to manage their resources is part of being incompetent.

That's the thing, there's no management whatsoever over at Valve with their flat structure. There's Gabe Newell then there's everyone else. If only a small group wants to work on DotA 2 then that's it. Sure Gabe Newell could dictate that more ressource be allocated to a specific thing but that's about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gabe should give out cash rewards for implementing a new hero.

Boom.

Demoli

Valve is essentially not exploiting dota to it's potential, they did it lat year and they are doing it again, and what it hurts most is that ti was after a great start with wraithnight and new bloom.

Well then, what are they waiting for? they aren't exactly poor.

Because their stringent control of human resources helps preserve their working culture.

Not being able to manage their resources is part of being incompetent.

Given their output- Steam/CS GO/Steam OS/DOTA2/TF2, for their size (Ubisoft has triple to quadruple the amount of people working on one Assassin's Creed title alone- which given the quality of that series is mind boggling)...they're managing resources just fine. I do wish they'd put more people on DOTA 2 to get content out but TBH, even if DOTA 2 stays at its current size I would be happy. It's not like an extra million people would drastically change my overall gaming experience.

CryptiK

Dota 2 has been the most competently updated game I have ever seen. I mean a bug was just found(Pudge) and a patch was released within 2 days.

The only thing that makes them seem incompetent is CSGO if you are crying about not having a new hero think about how people who cant Actually play GO at the moment because of constant crashes and its almost been a week.

Dota 2 has had the best support for an online game I have ever seen.

Wok

Spectre is easily the hardest carry in the game.

1. Spectre
2. Void
3. Anti Mage

I think.

Naga 6.80 used to be up there; not so sure nowadays.

I have seen games with really hard carries played by Alchemist, Chaos Knight or Phantom Assassin. This can be pretty difficult to deal with late game.

Follow the highest rated community guide for a hero until you feel like you can decide for yourself.

Play the Limited Heroes game mode to limit the amount of heroes you will face.

I have found that if you follow the guides, you do mostly fine. Then, if you want to understand why these items were chosen in the first place, and most importantly how to adapt your build to the line-ups of both teams, the only solution is to play all the heroes and discover all the items this way.

Wok

How do you use her Ulti effectively?

It's the one thing that I've never get with her.

You play it like Spirit Breaker's charge, but it is better. Either you see or you imagine an ennemy is pushing alone somewhere, you activate the ulti, you look at the mini-map, and bam, you kill one or two isolated preys.

Otherwise, you know your team is going to initiate a fight, you are refreshing in your fountain, and bam, as soon as the fight starts, you deal damage with Radiance and remove mana with diffusal blade. If the fight is 4 vs 4, you can go and get the isolated prey and then come to the fight. Either case, the fight is easily won.

Wraith King got a 58% winrate in 6.81 damn

Wraith King is one of those heroes that makes me impressed by IceFrog's ability to balance. With only minor tweaks here and there over the years he's managed to turn one of the most boring and least picked heroes into a staple of the meta without being over powered or unfair, all while keeping all of his skills exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom