• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

He's also versatile enough to see play as both support and farmer in competitive. It's pretty awesome. He's like the first hero I ever played in an actual game, and then everybody said he was shit, and now he's back. Definitely one of my favorites.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Tidehunter seeing play is almost just as awesome…. With this patch, and ranked mmr being a thing now, it's like pub dota has become pro dota and pro dota has become pub dota.

Seeing the pro's play Tide the way they do (especially that one MVP phoenix game where the player had like 300+ CS and built this unkillable tank) makes me almost want to play tide again...almost...

Ketch

Seeing the pro's play Tide the way they do (especially that one MVP phoenix game where the player had like 300+ CS and built this unkillable tank) makes me almost want to play tide again...almost...

was it off lane? do you know what items he built? guess mana boots, blink, mek, refresher is typical.

Wok

Thanks for proving my point. Spectre is shit.

You have 3.34% sucess with Spectre. Learn how to play the hero before saying it is shit.

Most Successful, All Time, Normal Matchmaking, All Pick, Real Matches Only
Z7iqNSr.jpg

What is your opinion about Anti-Mage by the way?

empire did well but mag getting fucked the whole game and silent getting s&y kinda screwed their teamfight

Also Resolution being 0-4-0 for 90% of the game didn't help either lol

I honestly don't think they did well. Considering the draft, they should've been more dominant early game.

PA YES

edit: Why didn't C9 pick Bane over PA first though? Bane was clearly about to get banned in the second banning stage whereas PA, they could've last picked that easily.

edit 2: Because Mirana is gonna be mid and not in the safe lane. Don't mind me.

Artanisix

WE FUCKIN DID IT

i was thinking of new stretch goals last night i think i got them

6.5 million - omega treant arcana unlocked. treant protector has been possessed by sephiroths ghost n hes the ultimate demon angel tree

7 million - treant gets a new omega spell at level 25: all trees on the maps become treant protectors ounder omega treants control

7.5 millilon - treant buffed! 200 base damage, 350 base ms

8 melons - troant protector now has equipped the guns ot shoot people iwth

What does "success" mean?

Seems like it's some kind of arbitrary number based on the amount of games you've played on a hero and your winrate in those games. I don't think it's a stat worth taking seriously, especially since apparently nobody knows how it's calculated.

Offlane boots first Invoker eh?

FACE

Banned
Last time I saw bone7 playing Invoker it did not end well for C9.

Edit: Game is C9 x Empire for ESL One qualifiers, it's free on Dota TV(iirc) or you can watch it here: http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

Edit: Welp, turns out it worked out pretty well this time. I should've learned not to doubt bone7.

inkls

WE FUCKIN DID IT

i was thinking of new stretch goals last night i think i got them

6.5 million - omega treant arcana unlocked. treant protector has been possessed by sephiroths ghost n hes the ultimate demon angel tree

7 million - treant gets a new omega spell at level 25: all trees on the maps become treant protectors ounder omega treants control

7.5 millilon - treant buffed! 200 base damage, 350 base ms

8 melons - troant protector now has equipped the guns ot shoot people iwth

no goal where nature's guise becomes a global passive?

Almost? What's wrong with Tide? He's extremely fun.

I don't find him fun in general, personal preference. Could be that he was one of my core heroes when I first learned the game (tide and lich). I dislike both heroes.

was it off lane? do you know what items he built? guess mana boots, blink, mek, refresher is typical.

Yeah offlane...it was MVP vs Arrow I believe. He went Heart/Refresher/BOTS/Shiva/BKB. MVP guy was just pretty much unkillable even though Arrow eventually won. Against Mith.Trust, that tide was a damage sponge to better effect.

Invoker pick looking pretty useless so far. I understand it was a deny pick so Resolution doesn't get his hands on it but it's really unfortunate so far.

You have 3.34% sucess with Spectre. Learn how to play the hero before saying it is shit.

What is your opinion about Anti-Mage by the way?

Anti-Mage is one of the best carries and can easily win games provided they go on long enough. My personal performance on these heroes doesn't make my opinions (and fact) any less valid btw. How many specters are you seeing being picked up in competitive or international qualifiers right now? I'll give you a hint

I also like how that picture is filtered on "All Pick" to make me seem like garbage. Nice try kid - better luck next time.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wraith King is one of those heroes that makes me impressed by IceFrog's ability to balance. With only minor tweaks here and there over the years he's managed to turn one of the most boring and least picked heroes into a staple of the meta without being over powered or unfair, all while keeping all of his skills exactly the same.

I'd call them anything but minor... he's gotten major buffs over the last few patches--most notably 30% free lifesteal working on ranged and his ulti slowing attack speed, moving up to 75%, and bumped up in duration/AoE range are all pretty damn huge. Not to mention 5 base int.

I agree with your sentiment though, most people claimed wraith king couldn't be viable conceptually. However dota's always just a math game, tweak those numbers enough and things will change.

elyetis

after a great start with wraithnight and new bloom.
New bloom feel like it was done to show us how they can go from one extreme ( let us know about the event month in advance, huge content ), to the other extreme ( 2 weeks from a new low ).

But at least it make you confident ( or not, it's Valve ) that source 2/L4D3 must be coming along nicely.

Anti-Mage is one of the best carries and can easily win games provided they go on long enough. My personal performance on these heroes doesn't make my opinions (and fact) any less valid btw. How many specters are you seeing being picked up in competitive or international qualifiers right now? I'll give you a hint

I also like how that picture is filtered on "All Pick" to make me seem like garbage. Nice try kid - better luck next time.

Spectre got picked 27 times in 6.81 as opposed to Anti-Mages 18. Both have supbar winrates but that's to be expected in an early-mid game oriented meta.

Nice facts though

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

There have been 3 Spectres and 2 Antimages in the International so far

Spectre is 1-3 and AM is 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom