• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
desolate, stats, ulti, no other skills are necessary, if you cant put points in stats anymore, just complain on dev.dota2.com that it removes a strategic aspect of the game
farm 5 eblades and refresher and press r->click refresher orb with your mouse->r
you can replace one eblade with radiance for farm though

#1 Spec, earth.

this is the definitive answer.

max dispersion, literally unkillable, farm radiance

that's basically the max mana shield first approach to Spectre. Like with Medusa's shield (or Anti-Mage's Spell Shield), I find it best to only take as many early points in Dispersion as you really need. No more. If I can get away with just a single value point in the shield/dispersion early, I'll do it. Take as many points of Q and W as you can get away with without getting murdered so you can get your big items up faster and be more useful (damage output) in fights.

Same principles, different hero.

max dispersion, literally unkillable, farm radiance

22% damage reduction, radiance farm means you have no tank item, hero has bad stats gains

"literally unkillable" lmao

edit : nah, max mana shield is good on dusa. 4-0-4-1 (shield and stats until you're ready to farm jungle ie phase aquila and parts of or full yasha) then max stats is great. go yasha > skadi and be an unkillable motherfucker

Not my fault that they can't stay as 5

They were going to lose eventually anyway, Tinker maxed out and they were going up against Specter Storm QoP. Pick off central.

Pratfall

22% damage reduction, radiance farm means you have no tank item, hero has bad stats gains

"literally unkillable" lmao

edit : nah, max mana shield is good on dusa. 4-0-4-1 (shield and stats until you're ready to farm jungle ie phase aquila and parts of or full yasha) then max stats is great. go yasha > skadi and be an unkillable motherfucker

oh shit you thought i was serious

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
so who's going to email valve to get the ticket up for it

cyborgmatt you're our in

planning on signing us up today

I wish we could have hats as bounch has already offered to make some free hats for everyone that participates, but I suspect Valve doesn't release free hats?

Not anymore it isn't.

This hasn't been a good skill build since 6.81. After about 150 Dusa games, I feel pretty comfortable with that opinion now. The buffed nuke is too good for her early team fighting, lane presence, and wave clear. the amount of mana returned also can't be understated. Without snake, you can't make an inch of space for yourself. You're not using Split Shot in lane, your damage is pitiful and you're not ready for jungling until about 15 minutes if you're skipping lifesteal. There is literally no reason to max split shot early.

Best general build right now is 0-3-2-1 @ 6 and 2-4-4-1 (or 3-4-3-1) @ 11.

Time to update your build, bro.

Signed,

Resident Dusa Picker
DsrA6Kc.gif

Not anymore it isn't.

This hasn't been a good skill build since 6.81. After about 150 Dusa games, I feel pretty comfortable with that opinion now. The buffed nuke is too good for her early team fighting, lane presence, and wave clear. the amount of mana returned also can't be understated. Without snake, you can't make an inch of space for yourself. You're not using Split Shot in lane, your damage is pitiful and you're not ready for jungling until about 15 minutes if you're skipping lifesteal. There is literally no reason to max split shot early.

Best general build right now is 0-3-2-1 @ 6 and 2-4-4-1 (or 3-4-3-1) @ 11.

Time to update your build, bro.

Signed,

Resident Dusa Picker
DsrA6Kc.gif

Yeah, a lot of people don't read the skills and don't use the jumps on Medusa nuke to dish out the pain in the lane.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Do the big in house leagues (NEL/EEL/whatever) have drafted, set teams that play scheduled matches against each other? I was under the impression that they just there to provide a higher average skill alternative to pub matches for the best players in a region and that aside from having their own internal ranking system based on win/loss that there wasn't any structured intra-league play.

The thing keeping me from signing up from IHL is the team commitment, especially on weekends. I haven't been playing as much Dota in the last couple months as I had been previously and the weekend is the time I get together with my boys to play.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
IHL will be very similar to RD2L (rather than NEL) with set teams, yes. However, each team will be comprised of 8 people to account for absences and the like. Provided this first season is successful and we do more, I'll lower that to 7 if feedback dictates too many players were always benched, or to 9 if too many teams struggled with activity. You're also only obligated to play one bo2 series over the weekend per week, so I'm hoping that's reasonable and flexible for enough for most people to attend.

Yeah, a lot of people don't read the skills and don't use the jumps on Medusa nuke to dish out the pain in the lane.

few skills say "fuck you" in lane like catching an enemy hero with the last jump of Mystic Snake. Skipping that ability in the past made sense; skipping it now is just a poor plan of action. The only time maxing split shot early makes sense is if you're ancient stacking dusa early. I'm not even sure if that's a thing anymore or not.

TUSR

Banned
Just curious, why is my name marked red in the spreadsheet?
No MMR, don't worry about it. I'm going to change colours around to indicate more information.
Red would end up being an issue on the sign up process/info. (Missing Steam ID/DB link)
And another colour would indicate something I need to look at in the future.

If your name/row is RED, don't worry about it. I was just using it as a placeholder for missing information.

kvk1

Yeah, I don't feel like rushing 10 calibration games for solo ranked before the 18th. I totally understand if having no MMR is a deal breaker for the league. No hard feelings. I'll just jump into the next one
in 10 years.

Big Brett

few skills say "fuck you" in lane like catching an enemy hero with the last jump of Mystic Snake. Skipping that ability in the past made sense; skipping it now is just a poor plan of action. The only time maxing split shot early makes sense is if you're ancient stacking dusa early. I'm not even sure if that's a thing anymore or not.

To further the notion of maxing Mystic Snake over Mana Shield, you'll get more mana back from the snake. If you're being ganked, you can pop Snake with Mana Shield on, giving you way more effective HP than just using pure shield and stats. I think 0-4-1-1, putting excessive points into stats before you begin skilling multishot is the way to go. That, or 0-4-4-1.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah, I don't feel like rushing 10 calibration games for solo ranked before the 18th. I totally understand if having no MMR is a deal breaker for the league. No hard feelings. I'll just jump into the next one
in 10 years.

MMR is not a requirement. It is only a requirement if you wish to be selected as a captain.

TUSR

Banned
in 10 years.
Yeah I looked at your games last night and figured you wouldn't be hitting the matches.

Some people won't have MMRs, and that's okay. Captains need to have MMR.

mmr? is that something u can eat?

dna mismatch repair system

it checks for methylated strands of dna and changes the equivalent nucleotide respectively on the other one if there is a disagreement

its easy to overcome with some dnpI restriction enzymes

true story

To further the notion of maxing Mystic Snake over Mana Shield, you'll get more mana back from the snake. If you're being ganked, you can pop Snake with Mana Shield on, giving you way more effective HP than just using pure shield and stats. I think 0-4-1-1, putting excessive points into stats before you begin skilling multishot is the way to go. That, or 0-4-4-1.

Yea that's fine too.

The only time to start thinking about Split Shot is if (a) you're preparing to head to the jungle, (b) if you really want to maximize your pushing potential early for some very strange reason, or (c) you need to defend against a bioball push from heroes like Chen, Enigma and Nature's Prophet. Even then, no more than like 2 points before 11 in about 90% of cases.

you guys wanna talk about the statistical differences between haldanes and kosambis mapping functions in regards to unnoticed double crossover events?

G.ZZZ

What about a ship traveling at near the speed of light, with two mirrors on it, one on the front, and one in the back, and an antenna in the middle, sending a signal to earth?
Kill me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom