• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap. IHL2 is happening?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007767
DsrA6Kc.gif

Madouu

Yes
Fake Notail

Go sign up for IHL2!

He better be signing up.

and tell him to bring kagete while he's at it

will mmr be factored into ihl

I need 6k+ pros to carry me

Captains pick whoever they want for their teams, logically highest mmr players will be picked first, but captains might opt to pick friends or people they know instead.

How long is ihl2?

The way it's been presented is that there will be a two week preseason, followed by a regular season where all team play each other I suppose (looking at the number of teams currently, this might take 9 weeks) and then playoffs stage.

This is probably still subject to change.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It'll likely go on as long as it's sustainable.

Chris R

Man, that's too long, my summer friday drinking problem starts at the end of May :(

Not that any team would want a crap player like me to being with :D

Madouu

Go sign up Chris, May is too far away to bother yourself thinking about it!

Also, I did it guys! I spent too much fucking time on this fucking game.

FO0n683.jpg

Low Tier
i hope whoever drafts me will go easy on me. I've been on a losing streak recently and I've been playing a lot of WoW.
DsrA6Kc.gif

G.ZZZ

what does Dragon Knight need to be a good hero?

this is bothering me because i actually really enjoyed playing him last night, and i know a couple of you said he was shit, but what does he need to not be shit?

Dragon form to change his breath too. First form give Breath a dot, second form greatly increase range/AoE, and third form apply a slow too. Aghs to make dragon form permanent, or, alternatively, to make his spells always behave like in dragon form.

His passive should do something more too
And he may need an attractive aghs upgrade (see tiny's, tiny would be pretty shit without his aghs)

Flying movement/vision (fuck flying movement only, yes I'm talking about you wyvern) during ult would be a good start

Dragon form should persist through aegis too.

i just played the worst game of all time

we got megas without losing a t2 at like min 40, but enemy ember got like 4 rapiers so we basically stalemated for a half hour

huskar is not very good at min 70

Acinixys

what does Dragon Knight need to be a good hero?

this is bothering me because i actually really enjoyed playing him last night, and i know a couple of you said he was shit, but what does he need to not be shit?

Ive played him as an off lane farmer a few times. It can work if you have a very strong lane support to help you secure farm. Treads - Mael - BKB and then start fighting non stop and pushing

Its pretty fun but if you dont have those 3 items at like 20 - 25 minutes you lose because DK is actually a shit tier hero

I think the Aghs = permanent dragon from is a good idea. His ulti isn't even that good

G.ZZZ

i just played the worst game of all time

we got megas without losing a t2 at like min 40, but enemy ember got like 4 rapiers so we basically stalemated for a half hour

huskar is not very good at min 70

Bot, Satanic, Armlet, Shiva, AC. Eventually BkB or aghs or MKB or whatever you need as sixth item. I don't think there's actually an hero that can 1vs1 you at that point, except permbashers i guess.

But sure, best lategamers at that point are probably slark/void because they can abuse refresher the best.

I really like SnY on DK. Good slow before you get 16, the MS is important, good attack speed.

I don't think going super greedy (hotd to stack and then hope to get ancients) is a good option, if anything ask your support to stack ancients and clear them when you can

treads (drum) SnY AC/bkb (order depends on the enemy) and go ham, get crit and satanic later for sustain/damage
Maelstrom/mjoll is nice, instead of AC for example. Good farm accelerator.
Skadi late game is probably great, you already have a good slow with lv 3 dragon form too

Dotabuff seems to agree with me on SnY and hotd

edit : please don't get armlet :( don't understand why you'd want shiva's too. With AC and the passive you already have great armor, so it's better to stack up hp
edit again : fuck I thought you were talking about DK not huskar

Bilix

Quick question, how should I skill spectre? Q-E-Q-W-Q-R-Q? Then max W, then E?

In most cases, you do want to max Q first. With W and E, I usually pick depending on how my laning is going. If I'm doing well/against a solo offlaner, will probably get W earlier. Otherwise, go with E for more survivability.

DrPizza

Banned

If you're farming freely, max desolate first. If you're having a harder lane, max spectral dagger first. Beyond that, I'd say it depends a bit on what you're building. If you go for something like an early vanguard, imo you might as well max dispersion quickly, since you'll have enough HP for it to make a difference. But other builds would justify maxing QW first.

Personally I prefer 144 because I don't think that Spectre really has the mana pool for using dagger except in emergencies to hide in the trees, and you only need a value point for that.

max desolate first in most cases, no dispersion before 10
you may skip ult at lv 11 in certain situations

or just repick

In most cases, you do want to max Q first. With W and E, I usually pick depending on how my laning is going. If I'm doing well/against a solo offlaner, will probably get W earlier. Otherwise, go with E for more survivability.

If you're farming freely, max desolate first. If you're having a harder lane, max spectral dagger first. Beyond that, I'd say it depends a bit on what you're building. If you go for something like an early vanguard, imo you might as well max dispersion quickly, since you'll have enough HP for it to make a difference. But other builds would justify maxing QW first.

Personally I prefer 144 because I don't think that Spectre really has the mana pool for using dagger except in emergencies to hide in the trees, and you only need a value point for that.

Thanks y'all.

Like most heroes, you want to skill her based on the match. Unlike games like League of Legends, there is usually no concrete right or wrong way to skill a hero.

If you're under a lot of duress in lane, it may be best to skill more early points in Dispersion to both reduce the damage you're taking as well as punish autoattack-happy enemy laners.

If you expect to be actively fighting or otherwise trying to secure kills in the early game, you'll want to have more points in Dagger. If you're in a tri-lane, this is most likely what you'll be looking to max out first. Spectral Dagger is always taken first point, as it's your escape mechanism at minimum. But maxed first, you expect it to help you set up kills with some cc support help. Some max it first, some max it last. You can decide based on the match whether having the 200dmg nuke + 40% net movespeed advantage (-20% for targeted enemy, +20% for you) vs a single target is the best plan for early game or not. If you're planning to fight and chase a lot early, go with this maxed first.

Desolate is her best ability but you only get the buff when a target is alone, making it strongest when used in conjunction with the ultimate on isolated/retreating targets. This generally makes it the weakest laning phase skill, but a skill you usually want maxed first or second so that it's ready to do work once your big items start coming (rad, diffusal, manta) or if you expect opportunities to pick off stragglers (ie if you have heroes like Zeus or Tide on your team that get lots of people low). The damage output it can do is stupid good. But again, it's only useful for 1v1's where not even creeps are around.

So yea, with every game being very different you should expect to have to vary your build based on what the amount of room you have to farm, whether the enemy comp can be expected to try to push hard early (necessitating items and skills that will help you fight and win those fights early), and whether you realistically think your comp can win a game that goes really late or not. But that should be a general idea of the thinking based on match conditions.

like medusa, max stats asap

I want to try that actually.
Go 1-4-1-1 then get plenty of stats, farm efficiently, and strike hard when you've got good items.
Dispersion and dagger aren't bad per se, but I'm not sure they're worth the points in it early. Dispersion makes you slightly tankier, but its damage is garbage until you're really tanky
Dagger is nice, but you use it for the pathing mostly, the damage scaling is meh (50 per level), and the speed boost/debuff should be enough if you have phase imo.

Maybe throw in a midas, and depending on how the game goes, go radiance or cheaper items with better buildup (diffu manta drum vg etc)

With max desolate you're guaranteed some utility in fights at least, press R and if all goes well jump in to finish a hero or two

ksan

desolate, stats, ulti, no other skills are necessary, if you cant put points in stats anymore, just complain on dev.dota2.com that it removes a strategic aspect of the game
farm 5 eblades and refresher and press r->click refresher orb with your mouse->r
you can replace one eblade with radiance for farm though

desolate, stats, ulti, no other skills are necessary, if you cant put points in stats anymore, just complain on dev.dota2.com that it removes a strategic aspect of the game
farm 5 eblades and refresher and press r->click refresher orb with your mouse->r
you can replace one eblade with radiance for farm though
best spectre in the world

Nymerio

Out of curiosity: Do you get double illusions if you refresh ulti on specter or does the second ulti replace the existing illusions?

Nymerio

I mean, I'd probably never try (nor get the chance :() this but it sounds like a fun thing to do if you're far ahead and the other team is squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom