• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
few skills say "fuck you" in lane like catching an enemy hero with the last jump of Mystic Snake. Skipping that ability in the past made sense; skipping it now is just a poor plan of action. The only time maxing split shot early makes sense is if you're ancient stacking dusa early. I'm not even sure if that's a thing anymore or not.

Sounds cool in theory, but if you're only against one hero in your lane, you won't be able to make much use of it

If it's against 2 though, yeah snake is pretty great.

Any player who knows how snake work will be able to dodge it if the creeps aren't super close to him

Sounds cool in theory, but if you're only against one hero in your lane, you won't be able to make much use of it
lol.

Play more Dusa, bro.

Any player who knows how snake work will be able to dodge it if the creeps aren't super close to him

The increased travel speed of snake makes that next to impossible if you know what you're doing. The only enemy getting away from the snake is Slark/Mirana. Maybe BH/Riki/BM. Can't remember how it interacts with all the heroes that go invis and if it disjoints. So maybe not Slark or Mirana either unless they get out of dodge before the snake decides to bounce to them.

kagete

Woo IHL! Too bad I barely have free time nowadays. I'm only one month into married life and haven't settled down yet. I'll definitely try to spec every game I can.

I do play dusa and do enjoy her.
Sometimes I get the snake, but I skip it more than I get it.

Stop doing that. The snake is obscenely strong in all lanes. Split shot is obscenely underwhelming in all early games that aren't cheese.

What lane is mystic snake not good against? Is there a solo offlaner that both 1) doesn't use mana 2) has a way to regen from a magic damage nuke?

I do play dusa and do enjoy her.
And that's cool but you're talking to someone who mains her. I doubt you play her as much as I do. Lots of games, lots of different builds, lots of observations made. Understand that you're talking to people who've done it all. A lot.

Sometimes I get the snake, but I skip it more than I get it.
And you're being told by multiple people that you should change that. Don't be hard-headed. Your recommended build leads me to believe you don't play Dusa much at all or haven't since 6.82...and that's fine but you need to be honest about that. Her skills have changed, their pros and cons have changed, and the meta has changed. It's time to update your understanding of the early game for this hero. Snake is great against 1 or 2, not just for the damage but for the mana recovery and thus effective HP, as has been discussed.

It's not even a debate; it's just a matter of how much conversation we're going to have to have before you accept your skilling approach is currently a sub-optimal build with her recent buffs and to open up to builds that work best for her in 2015. It's not about what can work; it's about what works best for her. Skipping Snake is no longer a desirable build for all the reasons already discussed.

I don't get split shot early I get stats, split shot early is useless

1426098706-dusagames.png

works kinda alright to me

I don't know much about Dusa but I do know that if you tread switch correctly you barely lose any mana at all even if you only hit 1 target with mana.

Yep. Unfortunately, Treads also greatly reduce your ability to chase in fights and reduces your raw damage output considerably unless you're in a position to get off 7 or 8 autoattacks on enemy heroes without interruption. I've never found treads to be worth that tradeoff, but not losing mana from tread swapping is cool. Either is fine, but having more mobility through the jungle and around team fights coupled with your total damage output not being heavily dependent on your attack speed during early game is my personal preference. But if I recall correctly, treads remain the better pure farming pickup.

I don't get split shot early I get stats, split shot early is useless

1426098706-dusagames.png

works kinda alright to me

yea, I figured you didn't play her much. As has been said, it can work but it's no longer what works best.

retool your skill build and report back after 4 or 5 matches. gl.

73V3N

Banned
I go stat->snake->stat->snake->ult

the times i've gotten first blood hitting them after the snake gets them are so many... i would never not get that unless i'm playing with friends and go ancients

you pick bh to gang SF repeatedly until he is forced to buy sents for himself

I locked BH before SF was chosen. hoping to 4 or offlane. then I get told I'm mid.

Sidenote: I hate trying to 4 in soloqueue. Either I end up buying every single ward cause the other support has decided he's a secret carry, or the comp is too greedy to give me any gold. Sucks.

I'm struggling to come up with heroes that are worse at mid than BH.

Also yeah, 4 doesn't work in solo, you need some communication for that. If you want to support be prepared to buy all support items(or decide to not give a fuck I guess). It's why I don't like to play farm dependant support heroes.

Chris R

I locked BH before SF was chosen. hoping to 4 or offlane. then I get told I'm mid.

Sidenote: I hate trying to 4 in soloqueue. Either I end up buying every single ward cause the other support has decided he's a secret carry, or the comp is too greedy to give me any gold. Sucks.

The others in your team weren't a 4 stack were they? I had a similar experience late last week where I was expecting to play the 5th support role and got stuck mid against Huskar.

The others in your team weren't a 4 stack were they? I had a similar experience late last week where I was expecting to play the 5th support role and got stuck mid against Huskar.

If they were, they were by far the most dysfunctional stack ever. A techies that doesn't know how to detonate remote mines, tiny and axe that can't speak english and want to fight 2v5 the entire game, CM that thinks she's a core....

4stack are usually a bunch of idiots who think they can win 4v5 and don't need to communicate any of their plans with you, after which they blame you when they lose a big fight 4v5 they took for no reason without telling at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom