• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really see no issue with troll, isn't his win rate and pick rate in comp pretty low?

He got picked a lot since 6.83c(nerfs to Jugg, Axe, etc.). You're right though, winrate isn't that high, but that isn't so weird with heroes with a huge pick/ban rate.
mPVORVA.png

Demoli

Don't worry guys, source 2 will fix servers, port all heroes, have a new patch, custom games, cure Ebola, give me wartorn warsphire and a jho crook and host ihl3.

Black King Bar is a broken item that does nothing anymore against anything. Am I the only one who feels this way?
No. The hell?

I think you feel that way because some very popular picks right now have skills that pierce magic immunity. WW, Mag and Axe in particular. I do not like that either.

Big Brett

I'm wondering what they will change about Sniper. The shrapnel charges seem really overpowered right now. I think simply reducing the damage would help the hero be in a good place. The vision is really what makes that ability what it is, and the charges made the ability actually useful. Reducing the damage would still keep what's actually good about the ability while reducing the change of someone just shmelting from the damage output on top of headshot.

Who knows, though. What do I know.

Big Dog

I definitely agree that Shrapnel needs a nerf, but I think increasing the mana cost would completely ruin him. I think Sniper should still have the opportunity to lay all shrapnel charges out during a fight, but depending on the circumstances of level he may not be able to lay 3 charges and ult. Maybe just a nerf to the slow and/or the damage dealt would be good enough.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think head shot will actually be the spell to change, it's really damn good.

yeah pretty much it's just a much better finger of death/laguna blade

i'm sticking with my original suggestion of just deleting him and saving everyone a lot of time and hassle

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
For any of you gifted artists out there, in order for us to get a dota tv ticket for the IHL, I need to submit a few logo images to Valve. For anyone with the time, the willigness, and the talent, please shoot me a PM and I'll give you the deets on crafting a logo/banner for the league (banner can just be a larger version of the logo) :). Sadly, I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For any of you gifted artists out there, in order for us to get a dota tv ticket for the IHL, I need to submit a few logo images to Valve. For anyone with the time, the willigness, and the talent, please shoot me a PM and I'll give you the deets on crafting a logo/banner for the league (banner can just be a larger version of the logo) :). Sadly, I have no artistic talent whatsoever.
Have you seen the average amateur ticket? Just toss some of the old beta art of lina and blood seaker on a gradient background and we will be good.

Mordeccai

sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

just played with a clinkz who raged when I, the Lion, bestowed cheese upon him. Apparently, cheese is wasted and 'fucking retarded' on a hero with 1.3k hp. He adamantly claimed that unless a hero had 2k hp the cheese is wasted.

Then he sold cheese and got rekt for the final team fight, we really needed his dps to be up as long as possible and for what ever reason he didnt understand this.

Kade

I didn't get the joke, so I spent some time checking the wiki entry on Axe for what it could allude to (nose? knows? know?). Voice lines, flavour text, everything. Almost an hour later, it hits me.

What a dumb joke.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Explain the joke to me and save me an hour.

Mordeccai

jesus christ I'm so done playing ranked. I wanted to grind up my MMR but seriously, fuck that.

it is just asking for way too much to expect 4 other people to be reasonable.

dude first picks ember, types 'pls i learn hero and go mid', this in a ranked match mind you.

then he doesnt even spawn in fountain until 4 minutes in the game. At 4:50, he spawns at lvl 1.

then he runs into lane and feeds his lvl 1 ass to the tinker three times who promptly gets bots and blink.

he dc's for three minutes, I think great, we at least get extra gold and xp if he's gone.

nope, fucker reconnects and proceeds to feed some more.

other team starts spamming EZ MID FREE MMR GG NOOBS.

god damn I want to punch something.

jesus christ I'm so done playing ranked. I wanted to grind up my MMR but seriously, fuck that.

it is just asking for way too much to expect 4 other people to be reasonable.

dude first picks ember, types 'pls i learn hero and go mid', this in a ranked match mind you.

then he doesnt even spawn in fountain until 4 minutes in the game. At 4:50, he spawns at lvl 1.

then he runs into lane and feeds his lvl 1 ass to the tinker three times who promptly gets bots and blink.

he dc's for three minutes, I think great, we at least get extra gold and xp if he's gone.

nope, fucker reconnects and proceeds to feed some more.

other team starts spamming EZ MID FREE MMR GG NOOBS.

god damn I want to punch something.
I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

Acinixys

i foresee him increasing the mana cost for shrapnel

They just need to up the mana cost of Shrapnel. 50 mana is crazy for what it is.

Making it cost more mana wont do much IMO. Its his only spell for the first 6 - 8 minutes, so unless it costs more mana than his pool he will always have at least 2 charges. Nerfing the damage will be a agood start

At level 7 with 4 points in shrapnel he can do 480 damage over 10 seconds in an AOE. Thats pretty brutal

I think head shot will actually be the spell to change, it's really damn good.

Remember when headshot was a mini stun and you couldn't come near a late game sniper because you got stunlocked to death? That was worse

I've killed 17 players as centaur with return damage, skillfully executed 34 4x multicast stuns, and glimpsed people back to the fountain 7 times. These kinds of gems are the best.

I have imprisoned 99 demons. I still dont understand what the point of that gem is tho.

Making it cost more mana wont do much IMO. Its his only spell for the first 6 - 8 minutes, so unless it costs more mana than his pool he will always have at least 2 charges. Nerfing the damage will be a agood start

At level 7 with 4 points in shrapnel he can do 480 damage over 10 seconds in an AOE. Thats pretty brutal

I think upping the cooldown on each charge might be the way to go here.

Just change sniper into a real sniper. Make him be able to hide into the trees. His ulti should be a minigame where you hover your mouse scope to your target and if you successfully hit their head it should be a 1 shot kill.

not serious

Also, I'm tired of seeing Sniper. I always hate FotM heroes.

Just change sniper into a real sniper. Make him be able to hide into the trees. His ulti should be a minigame where you hover your mouse scope to your target and if you successfully hit their head it should be a 1 shot kill.

not serious

Also, I'm tired of seeing Sniper. I always hate FotM heroes.

hmm. what if his passive was bonus damage if firing from the fog of war? Like Spectre's Desolate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom