• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a great idea if Sniper wasn't already so great.

I think they should remove the true strike from Head Shot procs, its just too much utility.

I agree. True strike with +damage if out of the vision of any enemy heroes. Could be interesting, as a Sniper player would be forced to search for nearby bushes and high grounds where he can get his damage bonus working. He could keep the current iteration of Shrapnel in that scenario.

Acinixys

This would be a great idea if Sniper wasn't already so great.

I think they should remove the true strike from Head Shot procs, its just too much utility.

Only one hero has build in evasion though (PA). How many other heros go evasion first? Removing its true strike will only hurt lategame snipers who dont go MKB

Only one hero has build in evasion though (PA). How many other heros go evasion first? Removing its true strike will only hurt lategame snipers who dont go MKB
I think hurting Sniper was his goal.

Ohh. How about something like a "prone stance" as an active to replace his W. You gain the true strike passive, but Sniper has to lay down on the ground or get on one knee which has an animation delay for him getting down and getting back up. Think something like Lone Druid's ult transformation delay or similar to his ult lay down. While Sniper is laying down/on bended knee, you get the true strike chance (or maybe a bonus damage buff), but you can't move while in prone. Or maybe you can only crawl/shimmy at like 75ms. Point is, you exchange safety and mobility for the chance to deal more damage. Sniper becomes more situational instantly.

That said, I do feel like people just need to get better at his counters and to actually pick them. Spirit Breaker, QoP, Linda, Slardar, Storm, Tinker, Riki, Clinkz, BH, Clock, Pudge, Spectre, PA, Tusk, Centaur...they all massacre him unless they just ignore him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Buff Spirit Breaker, sniper problem fixed.
headshot.gif

Ohh. How about something like a "prone stance" as an active to replace his W. You gain the true strike passive, but Sniper has to lay down on the ground or get on one knee which has an animation delay for him getting down and getting back up. Think something like Lone Druid's ult transformation delay or similar to his ult lay down. While Sniper is laying down/on bended knee, you get the true strike chance (or maybe a bonus damage buff), but you can't move while in prone. Or maybe you can only crawl/shimmy at like 75ms. Point is, you exchange safety and mobility for the chance to deal more damage. Sniper becomes more situational instantly.

This might make breaching high ground against Sniper more nightmare than it already is but the idea is actually interesting.

Wok

That pick rate for Sniper actually makes me want to vomit. Like fucking seriously there's a Sniper in almost half of all Dota 2 games played?

All the top-picked heroes are really anoying to play against. The game would be more enjoyable if these heroes were banned for one week let us say.

LuQDLTN.png

Just give headshot actual scaling and not be a one point wonder
Shrapnel cost from 50 to 50-60-70-80

Fixed

I think the hero is boring as fuck and not that OP to be honest.

I know, it gives 100% MS slow which stop Bara from charging

Are you sure about that? I haven't actually seen that happen. I remember stopping a SB from charging back when HS stunned but doesn't 100% slow merely mean his charge gets slowed to 100 MS? In that case, wouldn't any slow stop his charge (e.g. CM nova)?

Acinixys

All the top-picked heroes are really anoying to play against. The game would be more enjoyable if these heroes were banned for one week let us say.

LuQDLTN.png

A good Riki player is probably one of the most painful things to play against. Worse than any previous FOTM hero.With only Treads and Diffusal he can solo kill anyone on the map

sandy1297

Are you sure about that? I haven't actually seen that happen. I remember stopping a SB from charging back when HS stunned but doesn't 100% slow merely mean his charge gets slowed to 100 MS? In that case, wouldn't any slow stop his charge (e.g. CM nova)?

hm, I think you're correct. I saw it happened once where the SB get headshot procced (with the debuff icon) and stopped moving. He must have cancelled the charge :-/

elyetis

LuQDLTN.png
I'm usually in the complaining about hero of the week bandwagon, but out of all of those, sniper is the one which I feel, is the "least worst" to play against, with troll maybe.

Pudge, riki, PA, slark on the other hand.. as someone mostly playing support, I pretty much know it won't be a nice game for me if they are in it. It's mostly missing tinker and it would pretty much be my ban list.

Giving him an innate ability to cancel TPs would break him so hard, it's not funny. Not sure if your suggestions are serious?

it wouldn't change much actually
if he wants to kill you he'll pounce you, he doesn't have great chasing power otherwise (slark doesn't go MoM). So if he pounces you, you tp

Now if he has SnY skadi phase yeah that's a problem, he can chase you real easy, and pounce anytime if you try to TP. Mini bash on pounce is kinda broken imo.

If anything change essence shift, the spell is pretty stupid and the scaling is garbage

It would change a lot. I virtually always TP out of a Slark when he pounces me until he gets a basher (which they always do because the get frustrated with being TPd out of) or enough right click to kill me instantly.

It would break him beyond belief. The hero is very strong at the moment and doesn't need any changes at all. I wouldn't mind seeing his Essence Shift nerfed a bit. Or a higher CD on pounce.

Read my post ?
Slark needs to use pounce if he wants to chase, there is no way he chases just by walking and hitting

Slark pounced you ? TP out.

Now come mid/late game yeah that's a problem, but by then he already has basher I guess

Hayvic

Make it so that headshots can only proc when the enemy hero is at least a certain distance from you a la drow ulti. Balanced!

Read my post ?
Slark needs to use pounce if he wants to chase, there is no way he chases just by walking and hitting

Slark pounced you ? TP out.

Now come mid/late game yeah that's a problem, but by then he already has basher I guess
Slarks tend to initiate with Shadow Blade which they usually farm within 10-16 minutes.

inkls

Giving him an innate ability to cancel TPs would break him so hard, it's not funny. Not sure if your suggestions are serious?

never trust GODELSMETRIC. He just wants his heroes buffed and everything else nerfed hue.

if he wants to kill you he'll pounce you, he doesn't have great chasing power otherwise (slark doesn't go MoM). So if he pounces you, you tp

Now if he has SnY skadi phase yeah that's a problem, he can chase you real easy, and pounce anytime if you try to TP. Mini bash on pounce is kinda broken imo.

If anything change essence shift, the spell is pretty stupid and the scaling is garbage

well it would change much early game since he could interrupt tp. Its like bloodseeker until he gets an item to interrupt tp. You have some chasing power early with oov which most slarks get and vs a bootless support its pretty much a guaranteed kill. Unless if by early you mean 15-20 minutes into the game.

Also funny you mention essence shift. I remember reading earlier today about an earlier version of it where it was like silencer's int steal and that it only lasted one patch in dota 1, but he was broken when that happened as people could become raid bosses slarks just by getting kills.

Big Brett

i actually think slark is basically perfect at the moment tbh

I agree. I think compared to laners like PA, Medusa, and other hard carries, his laning is pretty weak. Until he gets ultimate he's easy to punish if he doesn't have an aggressive support with him.

Also, on the discussion of Essence Shift, I think that ability is fine right now. It scales pretty well into the late game, essentially giving Slark the agi of items he would buy anyway, like Butterfly, SnY, etc.

His Q also scales well because it becomes much less about the damage, and more about the purge ability for the enemy team's lockdown. That's what makes him so slippery.

I really don't think he belongs safelane, though. Slark can snowball, certainly, but he doesn't have much comeback potential. You either find your stride in the midgame picking supports for your basher, skadi, etc., or you end up falling off by late game.

inkls

I'd like to do a function that calculates the maximum agility slark can steal within level 4 essence shift while considering considering his agility (from levels and items) and taking in consideration the faster attack speed from each auto-attack.

Don't know how to do that tho lol

Big Brett

I'd like to do a function that calculates the maximum agility slark can steal within level 4 essence shift while considering considering his agility (from levels and items) and taking in consideration the faster attack speed from each auto-attack.

Don't know how to do that tho lol

You would have to be under some ridiculous circumstances plus against a team with like 10 heroes since they'd all die anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom