• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game going on
Dark seer with a 4-1-1-1 build, went safelane
Void offlane that dies 4 times to swm

(y)

edit : enemy offlane phoenix currently 9-0-3

1426192133-nicegame.png

mmmh oh yah

Kalnos

Banned
that feel when your team yells at you for farming jungle as maiden, that feel when you bkb + scepter freezing field and win your team the game

BraXzy

Just played a couple games and half of the people in them seemed like they were new to the game or something. It felt like the first few games of dota I ever had.. people doing dumb stuff like diving way beyond their means, bad positioning and reactions.. what's going on?

Just played a couple games and half of the people in them seemed like they were new to the game or something. It felt like the first few games of dota I ever had.. people doing dumb stuff like diving way beyond their means, bad positioning and reactions.. what's going on?

I had a few of the most cancerous games of my life back to back today, so maybe low prio is broken lol...

shira

March Break
grave.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It is Spring break for schools in a lot of places. And with the game gaining popularity, it may start gaining traction in American Middle and High Schools.

Or maybe Valve is messing around with match making again.

It is Spring break for schools in a lot of places. And with the game gaining popularity, it may start gaining traction in American Middle and High Schools.

Or maybe Valve is messing around with match making again.

I know a lot of people think otherwise, but I don't think toxicity relates to age. Some of the most obnoxious, prone-to-grieffing people I've ever played with have been in their 20s. Of course I've also dealt with bratty 16 year olds, but it's almost always the "I know everything and everyone else is below me" types that get to me, and they tend to be older.

That said, the KOTL that kept teleporting me to cliffs was assuredly either a sadist or 16.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
that feel when your team yells at you for farming jungle as maiden, that feel when you bkb + scepter freezing field and win your team the game

You still shouldn't AFK woods on Maiden. If you guys won that game it was likely not because of your BKB+Aghs ultimate. It was because your team was good enough to play 30 minutes 4v5.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know a lot of people think otherwise, but I don't think toxicity relates to age. Some of the most obnoxious, prone-to-grieffing people I've ever played with have been in their 20s. Of course I've also dealt with bratty 16 year olds, but it's almost always the "I know everything and everyone else is below me" types that get to me, and they tend to be older.

That said, the KOTL that kept teleporting me to cliffs was assuredly either a sadist or 16.

Well Braxzy wasn't saying his players were toxic, just acting newbish, which matches up with a younger audience IMO. I think a teenager is pretty likely to be able to get into high skill after only playing a month with having a week off school.

Why does every game with a Tusk in it turn into the clowniest shit.

Same reason every game with a earth spirit or bara is clowny as shit. Just the nature of the hero
Well Braxzy wasn't saying his players were toxic, just acting newbish, which matches up with a younger audience IMO. A teenager is pretty likely to be able to get into high skill after only playing a month with having a week off school.

true. I was conflating my own experience with his. That's my bad.

should I prioritize aghs as a pos. 5 treant?

I played my first real game as him and didn't know what to buy after arcanes and wards wards wards so I got blink, which seemed to work out well enough

Artanisix

"should I prioritize aghs as a pos. 5 treant?

I played my first real game as him and didn't know what to buy after arcanes and wards wards wards so I got blink, which seemed to work out well enough"

Position 5?

I'd get arcanes / urn / blink if you're super rich / scepter and wards whenever possible. Not enough teams pick up an urn and it is invaluable in keeping pushes going after skirmishes.

should I prioritize aghs as a pos. 5 treant?

I played my first real game as him and didn't know what to buy after arcanes and wards wards wards so I got blink, which seemed to work out well enough
Blink and Force Staff are always great items to get on supports. But after either of those I'd definitely go for Aghs, it's incredibly good.

Vlads is also decent but of course that depends on your lineup.

Not really seeing the point of a blink for a hero that has ability to go invisible to set up plays. I will occasionally get an assault cuirass or pipe/crimson guard depending on what is killing me most.

OH MY GOD IM LAFFIN SO HARD RIGHT NOW

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1315042339

this shit is incredible
we got mega'd but who cares, get counter megas and wreck shit

Just a reminder to all: it doesn't necessarily matter how big your lead is if you don't finish in a timely fashion against a team with more cores than you have.

Radiant had 3 more carries than Dire. Game goes 60+ minutes. In most levels of pub play, you can guess the result without looking at the scoreboard with 90% accuracy based on that information alone.

If your team has less ultra-late game carry potential, you *have* to find a way to break the base and take the rax. If you don't, the enemy will be able to farm in base, get their items online and outcarry you. If you have a team comp with low carry potential, you have to buy team fight and recovery items to accomplish that task. That usually means a mek, a pipe, an urn ASAP (they had some of these but I can't see when they were purchased and they may have come too late), securing every rosh and multiple sheep sticks. Against that comp, even mass dagons may have been good after BKBs were down. Against a team with 2+ cores than you have, it's not about farming "one more item". It's about finishing the game ASAP.

Position 5?

it was all random and I thought winter why?vern could probably do more with the farm especially because I'm not very good and was new to the hero

besides, there was always a skirmish going on and I thought it would be best to show up and leech seed/body block/overgrowth/punch rather than try and farm and just randomly throw out living armor from afar; our hardest carries were White Drow and Kuntka so I figured any extra damage was good

maybe I'll just prioritize farming with him next time, I'm ok with that

thanks for the responses @all

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not really seeing the point of a blink for a hero that has ability to go invisible to set up plays. I will occasionally get an assault cuirass or pipe/crimson guard depending on what is killing me most.

You can jump between sets of trees, and also get into the perfect spot for your ult.

Artanisix

"Not really seeing the point of a blink for a hero that has ability to go invisible to set up plays. I will occasionally get an assault cuirass or pipe/crimson guard depending on what is killing me most."

There's a lot of value in traversing cliffs and gaps instantly, or hopping from invis to the middle of a fight to ulti the maximum amount of people, especially when they have a gem or sentries.

"it was all random and I thought winter why?vern could probably do more with the farm especially because I'm not very good and was new to the hero"

That's fine. Winter Wyven is the perfect position 5 hero because she requires so little in terms of items, imo. Treant scales much nicer with items such as Aghs.

shira

""Not really seeing the point of a blink for a hero that has ability to go invisible to set up plays. I will occasionally get an assault cuirass or pipe/crimson guard depending on what is killing me most."

There's a lot of value in traversing cliffs and gaps instantly, or hopping from invis to the middle of a fight to ulti the maximum amount of people, especially when they have a gem or sentries.""

Good point.

""it was all random and I thought winter why?vern could probably do more with the farm especially because I'm not very good and was new to the hero"

That's fine. Winter Wyven is the perfect position 5 hero because she requires so little in terms of items, imo. Treant scales much nicer with items such as Aghs.""

Ok.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Use the built in quote system people, stop using Tek's quoting style ironically! I'm going to fix this for you guys this time, but don't let it happen again or else!

There's a lot of value in traversing cliffs and gaps instantly, or hopping from invis to the middle of a fight to ulti the maximum amount of people, especially when they have a gem or sentries.

Good point.

it was all random and I thought winter why?vern could probably do more with the farm especially because I'm not very good and was new to the hero

That's fine. Winter Wyven is the perfect position 5 hero because she requires so little in terms of items, imo. Treant scales much nicer with items such as Aghs.

Ok.

inkls

"Use the built in quote system people, stop using Tek's quoting style ironically! I'm going to fix this for you guys this time, but don't let it happen again or else!"

sorry

Vade

ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ༼ຈ ل͜ຈ༽ノ•︻̷┻̿═━一 hoho haha shrapnelヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ•︻̷┻̿═━一 ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ.

ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ༼ຈ ل͜ຈ༽ノ•︻̷┻̿═━一 hoho haha shrapnelヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ•︻̷┻̿═━一 ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ.

yea even I'm tired of seeing him now. I thought PL was a great counterpick to Sniper, but that guy played PL so poorly...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Use the built in quote system people, stop using Tek's quoting style ironically! I'm going to fix this for you guys this time, but don't let it happen again or else!

"
"
"Not really seeing the point of a blink for a hero that has ability to go invisible to set up plays. I will occasionally get an assault cuirass or pipe/crimson guard depending on what is killing me most."​

There's a lot of value in traversing cliffs and gaps instantly, or hopping from invis to the middle of a fight to ulti the maximum amount of people, especially when they have a gem or sentries."​

Good point."

"
"
"it was all random and I thought winter why?vern could probably do more with the farm especially because I'm not very good and was new to the hero"​

That's fine. Winter Wyven is the perfect position 5 hero because she requires so little in terms of items, imo. Treant scales much nicer with items such as Aghs."​

Ok."​
"

Kind of like this?

Mordeccai

can you use shadow blade in the middle of a spirit breaker charge

and when you hit, do you also get the bonus shadow blade dmg

pls respond I need to try clown builds in dota tonight

Kalnos

Banned
You still shouldn't AFK woods on Maiden. If you guys won that game it was likely not because of your BKB+Aghs ultimate. It was because your team was good enough to play 30 minutes 4v5.

You shouldn't afk jungle any hero. Still, the amount of bullshit you get for getting for farming on a hero like maiden is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom