• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy then
It has infinite growth if there is no max attack speed
Although there is max attack speed

So take the number of attacks you can score at max attack speed during the duration of essence shift stack, multiply that by 3, and you have it

edit : 6.01 / 1.7 = 3.53529411 attacks per second
essence shift lasts 120 seconds
*120 = 424 stacks
= +1272 agi

if you had chemical rage, that would be *1.7 so 2162 agi

I'd like to do a function that calculates the maximum agility slark can steal within level 4 essence shift while considering considering his agility (from levels and items) and taking in consideration the faster attack speed from each auto-attack.

Don't know how to do that tho lol

Would depend on what level you are and what items you have, also whether or not you put extra points in stats. And by max agi I think you mean max as? I don't think there is a max agi.

inkls

Would depend on what level you are and what items you have, also whether or not you put extra points in stats. And by max agi I think you mean max as? I don't think there is a max agi.

thats what i said in the first part. It'd consider his level and agility from items, although yeah forgot about stats.

Max agility is max agilitiy stolen within the 2 minute duration of essence shift level 4.

they should give him a minibash on his pounce

at least
Give pounce an attack speed steroid and I'll never stop playing slark.
thats what i said in the first part. It'd consider his level and agility from items, although yeah forgot about stats.

Max agility is max agilitiy stolen within the 2 minute duration of essence shift level 4.
Well if you build MoM and AC on him like me, you get approximately 10.000 stacks.

Big Dog

I'm offering up an arcana(no clue which one yet) to go toward the winning team of IHL2. Just curious if anyone else might be generous enough to offer either other arcanas or comparable items to have 7-8 in total for the winning team. If not I may just offer them all myself.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
what is gonna be the server situation on the IHL? i don't think that everyone that signed up lives in the states.

It's going to be us east by default, us west or eu west if both captains agree. This is truly an experimental season, and provided it's successful, we can make a lot of QoL changes for future seasons based on what we see from this first one (i.e. fine tune the number of players per team, probably split NA/EU into two divisions, better scheduling, etc...).

I didn't anticipate the amount of euros we had sign up; might even have enough to make for two divisions (EU/NA) after signups end--we'll have to count. However, not everyone put their location in additional comments, so it might take awhile to get everyone to update their signup. At the same time though, this is essentially like region locking, and not sure if some of the euro peeps actually want to play with their NA friends/community members. Provided we have at least ~40 euros, I'll throw up a poll as we near the end of signups to see if people want two division or just one mega us east league.

inkls

It's going to be us east by default, us west or eu west if both captains agree. This is truly an experimental season, and provided it's successful, we can make a lot of QoL changes for future seasons based on what we see from this first one (i.e. fine tune the number of players per team, probably split NA/EU into two divisions, better scheduling, etc...).

I didn't anticipate the amount of euros we had sign up; might even have enough to make for two divisions (EU/NA) after signups end--we'll have to count. However, not everyone put their location in additional comments, so it might take awhile to get everyone to update their signup. At the same time though, this is essentially like region locking, and not sure if some of the euro peeps actually want to play with their NA friends/community members. Provided we have at least ~40 euros, I'll throw up a poll as we near the end of signups to see if people want two division or just one mega us east league.

us east might be complicated for people in SEA too

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
When is Valve going to adopt the majors system for Dota? CSGO is getting sick viewership right now (more than TI4 finals).

The wonders of not having oversaturation.

Wanted also to join but being in SEA sucks.
dac15_sad.gif

When is Valve going to adopt the majors system for Dota? CSGO is getting sick viewership right now (more than TI4 finals).

I think they're hoping the organizers will figure this out themselves so they don't have to bother doing it.

Timezones shouldn't be such a huge issue since there isn't a set time of day matches need to be held.

Servers shuold be relatively simple, too. Either pick a middle ground server, or alternate. just gotta learn to play some ping-resistant heroes.

DrPizza

Banned
Only one hero has build in evasion though (PA). How many other heros go evasion first? Removing its true strike will only hurt lategame snipers who dont go MKB

Past FOTM hero Brewmaster has built-in evasion too, and both he and current FOTM Troll Warlord is one of several with a blind.

But the real issue is that the truestrike should give him a reduced chance of uphill miss, and that' s a big deal for Sniper, since he's shooting up hill a lot. I think removing the truestrike and forcing him to go MKB to get it back would be a reasonable change.

DrPizza

Banned
I think they're hoping the organizers will figure this out themselves so they don't have to bother doing it.

Yeah but like... fucking game theory man. There's no advantage to any one of the organizers to doing this. It only works if they all coordinate together. Which they won't do.

Timezones shouldn't be such a huge issue since there isn't a set time of day matches need to be held.

Servers shuold be relatively simple, too. Either pick a middle ground server, or alternate. just gotta learn to play some ping-resistant heroes.

What heroes would you say are ping-resistant heroes? Necrophos, bristleback, death prophet, that kind of stuff?

Chris R

Please explain the Majors system for those of us not in the know. I've only played a few hours of CSGO (and zero drops wtf volov) but have hundreds of hours in Source (laugh at me now you 1.6 elitist)

Past FOTM hero Brewmaster has built-in evasion too, and both he and current FOTM Troll Warlord is one of several with a blind.

But the real issue is that the truestrike should give him a reduced chance of uphill miss, and that' s a big deal for Sniper, since he's shooting up hill a lot. I think removing the truestrike and forcing him to go MKB to get it back would be a reasonable change.
yeah i think it's probably coming now matter what

maybe the players union or whatever will force it

edit i meant to quote the other Dr pizza thing whatever replace it in your mind

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
us east might be complicated for people in SEA too

Sadly, SEA is the smallest minority and one that can't feasibly be accommodated this time around. I figure most euros/NA peeps are OK with playing on us east, and because games are scheduled on weekends at the discretion of each captain--the eu/na timezone nuisance should be mitigated somewhat.

What heroes would you say are ping-resistant heroes? Necrophos, bristleback, death prophet, that kind of stuff?

Dunno about DP. The others are good. As are sniper (with the right build), DK, TA, ursa, tree, tiny, doom, abba, razor, gyro, zeus, etc. etc. etc.

Basically any hero that doesn't rely on crucial easily-whiffable skills (like Magnus) or are super positioning-heavy (like weaver) is better under ping. Some heroes are easier to run than others, too, due to skill shots, last hit animations, and that sort of thing.

DrPizza

Banned
yeah i think it's probably coming now matter what

maybe the players union or whatever will force it

edit i meant to quote the other Dr pizza thing whatever replace it in your mind

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about the player's union. I think it could help, though I think it could suffer from the same kind of issue.

Honestly, I wish Volvo was less hands off. I don't want it to by Riot-style control, but surely there's a happy medium between that and the current "do basically nothing" approach.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Please explain the Majors system for those of us not in the know. I've only played a few hours of CSGO (and zero drops wtf volov) but have hundreds of hours in Source (laugh at me now you 1.6 elitist)

Like tennis/golf majors.

Big tournament every few months instead of minor tournaments every day.

DrPizza

Banned
Like tennis/golf majors.

Ah but they do have minor tournaments. Tennis has the World Tour, Challenger Tour, and uhhh a third one that I can't remember the name of. You need those smaller tournaments for the lower tier teams. So there would still be matches "every day" (or at least, very regularly); we'd just see different tournaments have different selections of teams.

Ah but they do have minor tournaments. Tennis has the World Tour, Challenger Tour, and uhhh a third one that I can't remember the name of. You need those smaller tournaments for the lower tier teams. So there would still be matches "every day" (or at least, very regularly); we'd just see different tournaments have different selections of teams.

I hate to say it, but Riot has a decent system with the LCS. I just wish they didn't monopolize the players the way they seem to.

ksan

XAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAAXAXA

gamburger noob

Chris R

Like tennis/golf majors.

I guess this would make sense for the LANs but for the online events I don't see an issue with having as many as the scene will support. If the bigger teams don't like the prize pool on offer don't sign up.

DrPizza

Banned
I hate to say it, but Riot has a decent system with the LCS. I just wish they didn't monopolize the players the way they seem to.

Therein lies the problem. I don't want teams and players to have a relationship with Valve that's comparable to the ones they have with Riot. I also want to retain the flexibility that enables, for example, the Dota Cinema Captain's Draft tournament. That wouldn't be a "major" (because it's not captain's mode), but it's a lot of fun, and I like that top teams play in it.

Don't even need that, you just need a clusterfuck of a game(ie most games) with a lot of kills going each way and your team ends up with more farm and starts dominating.

Early game can be rough if your team won't give you some levels and work with you on ganks. Usually that's where my BH games are made or broken.

Early game can be rough if your team won't give you some levels and work with you on ganks. Usually that's where my BH games are made or broken.

Yeah early game is hard, especially if your opponent knows what detection is. I'm not saying BH is good, I really don't think so anymore, but he can really get your entire team snowballing if all goes well.

BH is shit without levels, doesn't gank very well (a slow and a mini stun ?), and is shut down out of lane easily.

Best case scenario the enemy supports are retards and let you leech xp like a fucker, or the enemy has a jungler that is clueless and you just sap his xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom