• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikidoka

Why do people say that WW sucks at the laning phase? Her E offers lots of sustain, and whenever the enemy goes on my laning partner and tries to right-click them down, I can simply E them and then get the counter kill.

Acinixys

Why do people say that WW sucks at the laning phase? Her E offers lots of sustain, and whenever the enemy goes on my laning partner and tries to right-click them down, I can simply E them and then get the counter kill.

Very slow

Low damage

Mana heavy if you are spamming spells

She needs items for mana regen to do a lot in the mid game

This is what I have just played with.

jaD3AJK.png

Just WTF is this player. Leshrac all the time, really?

According to Dotabuff, I played w/ him in early 2013 too.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/134678348

Not exactly an extraordinary player.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
WW skillbuild rectified: 4-1-1-1. That W is way too unreliable for a nuke, it's more of a farming skill. The projectile is super megaslow too. Unless you have like Magnus and Enigma on ur team, maxing Q earlier feel a much safer and stable build. 1 level early for the slow and then it's situational which to max first even if i think W better in most games.

Flight to deward, flight to escape, flight to chase, 1100 range 40% slow with that 30% pure damage nuke is just so good in teamfights. Her R is another overrated ulti that is basically a roar in 90% of the cases. Trying to wait and use it as an AoE ult just make for many fights with the ult still off CD.
Mobility items are her best items imho. I'm trying to juggle with the build. I've tried blink/force/Eul and i prefer eul as first item as of now. Blink is decent but trying to find the perfect ulti in teamfights is often just worse compared to spamming ice breaths from afar and using her ulti in a safer way.
If you go 4-1-1-1 I think you get Medallion and rotate to ganks. It's 1000 range btw. I still haven't tried this build yet, but it's on the list if I actually get levels and our lanes aren't being shit on.

WW is super flexible, if they have good push or pressure then you can go more into splinter. You are playing at higher MMR I'm sure so splinter probably isn't as reliable.

I got blink in one of my games vs SF/Sniper/Slark since I needed perfect ulti instead of going force first.

As you said Ult is basically a Roar in most cases. If I can get 2 carries hitting each other or carry to hit a good support to make sure they dont ulti it's worth it.

Can you explain Euls first more?
I'm still doing Tranq -> Force/SoulRing -> Force/Blink -> Vlads(If late) -> Euls/remaining mobility item/Refresher

w9rQP8K.png

(Blanked is Beast)
You're supposed to cast W from behind fog!

W a creep -> Q and fly over trees -> pew pew pew

But yes it comes down to what you want to do in the early game, whether maximizing burst or harass.
Yeah way more reliable that way. Radius is pretty decent assuming no blinks and if they have lower than 350 speed.
1 armor
475 range
INT
285 MS

50s CD 120mana spell that deals 180dmg only at full hp.
A wave pushing spell that scales super well but sucks level 1/2 for costs and drains you in 3 casts (and can't even use 3 in a row in most cases, even then no mana for ult or a burn)
E is good early for sure

Extremely level dependent and can't do anything unless it's a kill lane where you use both slows at level 2/3.

Basically can't do anything at all that another can do better.

Big Dog

Would anyone mind sharing a helpful resource for creating custom game modes? I have some ideas for one but haven't been able to find myself a useful enough resource to teach me how to go about making it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha, these clowns threw so hard. We spent the entire back half of this game in our base playing tower defense.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1242393196

The best part was, the 3 other players I was stacked with had this LC player in their last game and would NOT shut up about how terrible he was. I supported him in this game and it was bumpy but we didn't do too bad while the other guys that were complaining (gyro and tide mostly) fed the entire early game. LC ended up carrying and I commended the dude because the guys I was with were giving him shit.

I've never posted in here, but I need more Dota friends!!! I play pretty much every night. I only know 3 characters right now (I'm scared of running support because people hate you as soon as you mess up). So yeah, Death Prophet, Gryo, and Sniper.

Steam ID: MARSallday. Add me and just say you're from GAF and hopefully we can team up. I'll try to check out the Dota threads more regularly. Thanks!

Blu(e)

Anyone know how to get the "Year Beast Readiness" trophy? I have no idea what they mean when they say "Awarded for gaining New Bloom Levels during the Year Beast Brawl event." What are New Bloom Levels?

Mordeccai

I've had a lot of success picking DP for solo que year beast, gonna try out zeus now. I got absolutely demolished by a zeus on the opposite team last time because of that doubled up ulti. There's just not enough time to farm up a BKB to prevent it.

edit: ok zuus is OP in this mode. I had an aghanims at lvl 10 lol, and basically refresher with the beast ulti. our wyvern and undying kept the year beast alive for the entire game and we took all six outer towers before the other team managed to kill him.

then he respawned 30 seconds later LOL.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'give us your money to buy points so you have a chance to win this game mode that doesn't even work'

this is ubisoft level fuckery. cmon valve you're better than this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
We had Lina/Zeus and SupportSpeed Aura 3 (50% Refresh chance on spells) so we instantly won, thanks pay2win for the Magnus set I don't want.
from the Evolve thread, but basically this
Evolve is terrible though isn't it?

Quesa

We actually managed to turn a yb game around. It was awesome.

Who wants to trade for tusk set I already have

Aikidoka

I think Year Beast is really skewed to people who bought the arcana. I did and I have like 13000 points going into each match so far, and I've easily won all three that i've played (solo queue as well). I also always pick Winter wyvern (i'm 7-0 with her now), who is amazing in this mode, especially.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Year Beast is really skewed to people who bought the arcana. I did and I have like 13000 points going into each match so far, and I've easily won all three that i've played (solo queue as well). I also always pick Winter wyvern (i'm 7-0 with her now), who is amazing in this mode, especially.

They give out 7200 for free so compared to how it was at the start, it's a significantly smaller factor.

The big thing is working as a team and knowing what to do.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They give out 7200 for free so compared to how it was at the start, it's a significantly smaller factor.

The big thing is working as a team and knowing what to do.
Having a free aegis (aura) and centuar ult and blademail and 50% chance to proc spell refresh is pretty helpful to winning.

Now that you can't just buy 'lives' it's a lot better with starting points. I think we would have won without Speed Aura 3 (They had 1 stun) but it certainly helped fighting right outside their fountain.

I've realized the only thing I ever do in the DOTA2 subreddit is downvote stuff. I guess I should just stop going entirely and stop being a cancer to that community.

What's a good place for DOTA2 news?

Haunted

I've realized the only thing I ever do in the DOTA2 subreddit is downvote stuff. I guess I should just stop going entirely and stop being a cancer to that community.

What's a good place for DOTA2 news?
This is my usual go-to.

Can be a bit stale sometimes, though.

Hupsel

Why after so many patches Lunas ulti cooldown is still so friggin huge? It's a good ulti but nothing amazing. Comparing it to Juggs ulti, for example. Eclipse has a higher countdown,easily countered by BkB, takes more time to hit each enemy than Juggs ulti and Luna can easily be killed during it while Jugg is invulnerable. As it isnt enough, Juggs scepter upgrade is amazing while Luna is meh. I think there will be a time Icefrog will lower Eclipse ulti to like 90 secs and make it so that scepter makes Eclipse also ministun opponents.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
lost a year beast game in 7 minutes

if you don't just push mid with your year beast you are throwing the game away

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After being the beneficiary of one of the worst throws in all the dota I've ever played, I then had to be apart of this shit show:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1242690308

The dude playing Chen was doing it for his hero challenge and is terrible at it, so the game was basically 4v5, yet we still slayed so hard... until it all fell apart. Profound sadness.
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom