• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know it was rare (valuable rare). Mine won't be genuine anyway. I do play him occasionally just didn't think it looks that cool :X

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does glimpse work on YB?

if so, disraptor might be gloriously messy with all the natural grouping up going on

glimpse the beast when it TPs, fence and static storm the team and let nature run its course

a bunch of abilities don't work on the year beast, for reasons

ion shell doesn't work on it for instance

Mohasus

Why dota 2 has the "I have no mouth but I must scream" icon now? Is this some kind of joke? I don't even have that game.

ibtcPstaFWlfd5.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's weirdly apt, since i can only assume that dota was invented by a deranged, malevolent AI with the sole purpose of making my life a living hell

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
smh

I won a YB with dark queer tho, let me get back into him

Icon S is my new fave (after Icon P (and slark (and ogre)))

the fact that they managed to create such a powerful metaphor for homosexuality with his pointy head and the way he feels about it, the Valve Difference tbh

Big Dog

Let's not forget we should be getting a new blog post this week which will probably be Part 5 letting us know all about the New Bloom hats we will be getting. And if we are super super lucky we MIGHT get Arc Warden. I'm pretty sure Matt gave it away the other day when he was sniped on Sing stream playing as him. I will continue to be overly optimistic until this week is over.

Quesa

I'm pretty sure Matt got caught playing as both Abaddon (before he was out) and Pit Lord, and it was long before Abba came out and Pit Lord isn't out yet. So I wouldn't read too much into that. But you never know.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Let's not forget we should be getting a new blog post this week which will probably be Part 5 letting us know all about the New Bloom hats we will be getting. And if we are super super lucky we MIGHT get Arc Warden. I'm pretty sure Matt gave it away the other day when he was sniped on Sing stream playing as him. I will continue to be overly optimistic until this week is over.

didn't new bloom last year have both TerrorblAIDS and Fire Icon Phoenix in it

i mean it does stretch the limits of believability that valve have spent four months and only have a jakiro reskin to show for it

Big Dog

didn't new bloom last year have both TerrorblAIDS and Fire Icon Phoenix in it

i mean it does stretch the limits of believability that valve have spent four months and only have a jakiro reskin to show for it

Exactly! That's the comparison that I'm believing in. I was still fairly new around that time, but I think that everyone was shocked that Phoenix had come out and they were really only expecting Terrorblade then. I'm excited for Valve to be done porting over heroes this year (hopefully) so they can focus on Source 2 and fix all the damn bugs we still have.

I'm pretty sure Matt got caught playing as both Abaddon (before he was out) and Pit Lord, and it was long before Abba came out and Pit Lord isn't out yet. So I wouldn't read too much into that. But you never know.

Didn't know that! But I believe in it more because Arc Warden can be seen in the Part 3 page within the Crystal Maiden Arcana area. I think it's safe to assume he will be the next hero at this point. Whether he comes this week or within the next few weeks is just my optimism.

Anony

got queued with 3 Ukrainians

just all these assholes that queue on our servers and don't even speak english

once again, all the more reason to ip block this game

Tieske

Neo Member
Didn't know that! But I believe in it more because Arc Warden can be seen in the Part 3 page within the Crystal Maiden Arcana area. I think it's safe to assume he will be the next hero at this point. Whether he comes this week or within the next few weeks is just my optimism.

Lotsa heros were able to played long before they came out locally , it's just that they need to be activated in a config file and, of course, lack models and most spell effects

I actually didn't mind Russians/Ukrainians when I've run into them. Sure they're toxic, but atleast they are hilarious on voice chat.

Peruvians just type gibberish in all chat

Quesa

Any year beast strats I should be aware of?

Pick troll. Pick other teamfight/aggressive heroes with heals. Go mid as troll. Get lvl six. when beasts come out, have everyone tp mid and bring the beast with you. Focus down enemy yb first with troll ult, roll one or two towers with first Year Beast. Keep marching down mid then use heals/gold to take them out before they can recover. Mid is the only lane that matters, but make sure to farm the others when you don't have a beast. Always carry a tp to march to yb when he spawns and enough points to upgrade him to level 3.

manfestival

seems like AOE big teamfight ults really are the way to go. Plus a carry that can snowball without needing too many items to get fat

omni so sexy

I got paired with a pretty mediocre team. Can the enemy team teleport my beast? I don't think so, which is why I was baffled when I was going mid with yb and someone teleports him to top...

Quesa

Also you have to ready to fight whenever year beasts are going, so Enigma/Tide Silencer can be good but you can't afford the use their ults outside year beast fights. Brew is a good example -- his ult is incredible for early fights but support yb wrecks him because fights can last longer than his ult. Stick with heroes that can do a lot with low cds.

manfestival

Also you have to ready to fight whenever year beasts are going, so Enigma/Tide Silencer can be good but you can't afford the use their ults outside year beast fights. Brew is a good example -- his ult is incredible for early fights but support yb wrecks him because fights can last longer than his ult. Stick with heroes that can do a lot with low cds.

I think this is the most important thing that anyone can say about the year beast. Things snowball and they snowball FAST. If you die right before the beast spawns then you are hurting your team badly. If you can score kills in the laning phases then you will be getting ahead big time.

Also avoid heroes like antimage and etc

Quesa

Is it true that Inkls is the smurf account of SteveWinwood?

TONIGHT

ON UNSOLVED MYSTERIES

HAVE INKLS AND STEPHEN J WINWOODINGGURTH EVERY PLAYED TOGETHER?

SIGNS POINT TO PROBABLY

Winwood_chronicles.jpg

BANNED THO

we totally have. I mean he just invites at the worst times all the time nowadays.

i'd be a bad stevewinwood smurf

Dude I know I always get invites when I'm about to turn in.

And while we're on the subject I would appreciate winning more. Subscribe for more A+ Dota team queueing advice

inkls

we totally have. I mean he just invites at the worst times all the time nowadays.

i'd be a bad stevewinwood smurf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom