• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really appreciate if Valve would do something to address the many bugs and problems in AD mode. I've seen it said elsewhere that this is the second most popular mode in the game, and the mode I play almost exclusively, yet there seems to have been zero time alotted to it since it was released.

Worst thing in the mode has got to be centaur, who's winrate must be very high (never seen statistics for the mode) though I am not sure how Valve could address that hero's imbalance.

I thought AD being broken as fuck was kind of the charm of it. Like picking growth as someone else than tiny and seeing the horrifying results.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I thought AD being broken as fuck was kind of the charm of it. Like picking growth as someone else than tiny and seeing the horrifying results.

when we played, lich took growth and just turned invisible

also some kind of weird interaction with cyka's passive made him run at higher than max movespeed

I would really appreciate if Valve would do something to address the many bugs and problems in AD mode. I've seen it said elsewhere that this is the second most popular mode in the game, and the mode I play almost exclusively, yet there seems to have been zero time alotted to it since it was released.

Worst thing in the mode has got to be centaur, who's winrate must be very high (never seen statistics for the mode) though I am not sure how Valve could address that hero's imbalance.

I play AD a lot too and I agree with you, wish they fixed tons of glitches currently going on, some almost ruin the games for me, like for example the annoying green light that follows you everywhere after getting Walrus punched.

The best and easiest way I think that could get it balanced is if you could also draft your hero or even pick the main stats for a random assigned hero, right after drafting your skills.

when we played, lich took growth and just turned invisible

also some kind of weird interaction with cyka's passive made him run at higher than max movespeed

That's what cyka's passive is all about, NOTHING STOPS THE CYKA TRAIN
It's even better when you get it along with other speed passive like the razor or SB ones.

Mordeccai

so I can confirm, shadow blade space cow is legit.

with stealth and MoM and lvl 4 passive you move at 522 speed.

treads > MoM > shadow blade > maelstrom > bkb > mjol too stronk.

Initial dmg out of invis and charge is ridic combined with ulti.

I had the enemy team roaming as 5 after 25 minutes, at which point our sand king aghanim and disraptor fence + ulti made short work.

10/10 will build again.

Big Dog

After playing 1400 games of online Dota 2, I can confirm that forced 50 is not real :^)

IJxXo1w.png

I'm actually pretty proud of my 0% abandon rate

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So what's the best way to play Lycan in pubs? I kind of want to learn him. Jungle? Mid? Safelane?

Teach me Anbokr's way.

If you're solo queuing, jungling is very efficient because you're team basically gets 4 farmed/lvl'd cores (kind of like when you have a jungle enigma). Also solo pubs generally won't gank you in jungle so you can get a 6-8 min vlads, a quick medallion, and then a quick rosh. If you're playing with friends or in a stack, the best way is to safe lane until level 3-4 then give the lane xp and farm to your support and go jungle.

To jungle, just buy a quelling/stout/tangos and hope for good spawns--you can generally do most camps, just be efficient (choke point jungle) and pick up bounty runes. You generally want to have your completed basi and ring of regen before you go back to base (you'll only need to go back once, I used to suicide but I don't know if it's worth it anymore with the death timer change, probably ends up being the same amount of time).

Lycan is one of those heroes where you want to completely out economy the enemy team in the early game, and then leverage that gold lead and rosh into a 20-25 minute push. Take all their outer towers, keep dominating the farm/map, and then eventually leverage that into a T3 push. You have to be very careful though, ever since 6.82 this style of play is a lot riskier and losing a fight at T3's with that big gold and xp advantage will put a dent in your lead. If you're team is losing, the best thing you can do as Lycan is constantly split push to create some good fights for your team and stall the enemy team--just make sure to carry a TP and be ready to clean up certain fights.

I play AD a lot too and I agree with you, wish they fixed tons of glitches currently going on, some almost ruin the games for me, like for example the annoying green light that follows you everywhere after getting Walrus punched.

The best and easiest way I think that could get it balanced is if you could also draft your hero or even pick the main stats for a random assigned hero, right after drafting your skills.
Yeah that would fix it with heroes for the most part.

I really doubt that fixing the green Walrus punch stuff would be difficult at all.

Acinixys

I thought Lycan pushes Sniper's shit in but apparently not since Secret lost with Lycan vs Sniper a few days ago. I didn't see the game though, maybe there were other factors involved.

May I please point out that in the Sniper vs Lycan game mentioned Sniper had Skadi and a Rapier

Thats why he dominated Lycan so hard

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Will we ever see the thread you were working on?

bbd23

lmaoooo

edit: Also those dates are actually perfect

my store looks to be aiming for a mid april close so after that I should be open any time

woot.

Kard8p3

This was posted in the IHL2 thread but should be here as well.

Reminder:

Add Anbokr, tSWIFTx`, Procarbine (legendary+procarbine on steam), Artanisix (ellen pudge on steam), or myself on Steam to get a guild invite to the IHL.

PLEASE DO THIS

elyetis

I really loved AD when released but quickly stopped playing it because Valve didn't take the time to fix it ( bug wise ) and do the obvious thing of making picking the hero, part of the draft, which would make things far more balanced.
Might be wrong on that, but it also seemed like ( at it's release at least ) that it's matchmaking wasn't (hidden ) mmr based, which if true, would be completly stupid.

Thanks for the Lycan tips Anbokr, because it's jungle I can try making it work in bots before moving on to real games. I've tried jungle Lycan in bots before but my wolves kept dying way too fast, will see how I can improve my micro.

Jadax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom