• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea even I'm tired of seeing him now. I thought PL was a great counterpick to Sniper, but that guy played PL so poorly...

He hadn't much hope of doing a lot with his joke item build, he rushed a vanguard and then he went and got a yasha instead of going for a diffusal
Emoticon_facepalm.gif

can you use shadow blade in the middle of a spirit breaker charge

and when you hit, do you also get the bonus shadow blade dmg

pls respond I need to try clown builds in dota tonight

Oh man I gotta try out my strats before IHL2. All the pubbers will hate me, but I'll win. I'LL WIN.

He hadn't much hope of doing a lot with his joke item build, he rushed a vanguard and then he went and got a yasha instead of going for a diffusal
Emoticon_facepalm.gif

Yea it was weird. It was like he was going "early combat PL" with the vanguard...but then bought a farming item. So he could neither fight nor farm well. If he just wanted to farm, he should have bought a vlads and a yasha. If he wanted to fight, diffusal should have been his choice after vlads (vlads because it scales where vanguard does not). Going vanguard is such a commitment to midgame...and to get nothing out of it....nope. Only Spectre can make that purchase make sense.

I thought Lycan pushes Sniper's shit in but apparently not since Secret lost with Lycan vs Sniper a few days ago. I didn't see the game though, maybe there were other factors involved.
Hmm. Well, it depends. If Lycan has a chance to 1v1 Sniper and has Necros with him, he should win that man fight. Or if the Lycan built for fighting (rare these days) with Abyssal, Heart, BKB, Deso...stuff like that... he (Lycan) should win that as well.

If Lycan has to deal with any CC coming out from Sniper's supports such that he can't stay on Sniper's ass, Sniper will likely win. I suppose that's the issue. If you can build a wall of CC in front of Sniper, he will auto-win against most carries, Lycan included.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I thought Lycan pushes Sniper's shit in but apparently not since Secret lost with Lycan vs Sniper a few days ago. I didn't see the game though, maybe there were other factors involved.

Sniper is very strong against push lineups and lycan especially. His core is so cheap so he comes online early, and he can defend towers from WAY far away. Lycan also can't reliably click him even at 650 MS, especially when sniper is running away at 522 and starting 1000+ units away. Shrapnel completely screws a lycan, especially when ulti is down. He can 1 shot wolves safely, and farm necro's, safely.

Alright that all makes sense. I guess I was mostly thinking of a 1v1 situation in which Lycan has ult. I was theorizing that Sniper relies on slows(Shrapnel, headshot, SnY, Skadi) to stay at a distance and keep control of a fight and Lycan ult doesn't give a shit about that, but I obviously ignored some other factors.

Alright that all makes sense. I guess I was mostly thinking of a 1v1 situation in which Lycan has ult. I was theorizing that Sniper relies on slows(Shrapnel, headshot, SnY, Skadi) to stay at a distance and keep control of a fight and Lycan ult doesn't give a shit about that, but I obviously ignored some other factors.

Yea, any Sniper worth his salt will never be caught in a 1v1 vs a Lycan. It should literally never happen. Even if a team fight was going south, the Sniper probably recognized the writing on the wall and started falling back already. Well unless he pulls an EE and buys a blink on Lycan.

bbd23

POOR NETWORK CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED. GAME IS SAFE TO LEAVE

Why did I even bother trying to go back to US East

cBj1LTf.png

god bless EU West

why is storm so good against drow

or, why is storm so good

Storm, Slark, Huskar. The only heroes that can literally 1v5 if sufficiently snowballed, 2 of which can actually reach that level of snowballing on a fairly regular basis.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1315251093
Just got my very first game as lina (actually randomed) had tons of fun playing her and did pretty great considering it was a first time hero, although we still lost the game thanks to not having the brightest carries in our team, plus having to deal with a farmed Phantom Cancer on the enemy side.

I was basically dead the moment he targeted his Q on me, I tried countering diffusal by getting a bkb only to find out the mana burn still goes through spell immunity, this shit is way too OP IMO. I also tried suggesting SB to get Halberd to counter PL with no success, in the final fight we almost had him thanks to WW ulti, but he is one elusive mofo, ridiculous how he can get away with so little health on him, next time I face him rest assured I will have an orchid ready just for him.

or, why is storm so good

Storm, Slark, Huskar. The only heroes that can literally 1v5 if sufficiently snowballed, 2 of which can actually reach that level of snowballing on a fairly regular basis.

Gah. I wish Icefrog would give Huskar like 6 base armor or someshit.

Big Brett

Gah. I wish Icefrog would give Huskar like 6 base armor or someshit.

I think Huskar is fine. He's that sort of last pick pocket strat. He's synonymous with a Techies pick against all melee, or an Outworld Devourer against all agility. He doesn't work in all situations, but if the draft is right, that hero can be an unstoppable force.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gah. I wish Icefrog would give Legion Commander like +6 base damage or someshit. Yes

NBtoaster

Gah. I wish Icefrog would give Alchemist like actual stats gain or someshit. Yes

I think its the point of the hero that the base stats are garbage but he has really good abilities and can get items fast to make up for it. But he's been nerfed so much that the abilities aren't that good anymore and these days creating a gold disparity in an otherwise close game just makes you lose.

I feel like LC needs more duel damage than anything, +10 at level 6 to 11 is a really low amount of damage for a hero that relies on her early/mid game to ball out of control.

do you guys think mom should be nerfed? i was thinking a way to nerf it would be to change it so that instead of making you take extra damage, it sets your magic resist and armor to 0, so you take a little less extra damage early game but a buttload of extra damage if you try to take it too the late game

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Gah. I wish Icefrog would give Phoenix like +6 base HP regen or someshit. Yes

or, why is storm so good

i agree, delete storm

do you guys think mom should be nerfed? i was thinking a way to nerf it would be to change it so that instead of making you take extra damage, it sets your magic resist and armor to 0, so you take a little less extra damage early game but a buttload of extra damage if you try to take it too the late game

Eh. I think only Juggernaut/Sniper and maybe Drow actually use it to the fullest. The item isn't really that troublesome otherwise.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

No, I honestly don't think MoM needs to be nerfed.

Big Brett

Eh. I think only Juggernaut/Sniper and maybe Drow actually use it to the fullest. The item isn't really that troublesome otherwise.

I'd argue Void too, but yeah, the pool isn't large for natural MoM carriers. I actually hate getting it on Sniper. Sucker's already so squish, it's just too risky.

Kard8p3

I'd argue Void too, but yeah, the pool isn't large for natural MoM carriers. I actually hate getting it on Sniper. Sucker's already so squish, it's just too risky.

isnt part of the attraction of MoM on Sniper the fact that he's hitting from 100000 range? Not to mention the speed boost from that+phase boots make it pretty hard to catch him.

Sniper has an aoe slow skill that gives vision and cancels blink dagger, a right click ability that slows ms/as, an ability that gives him 950 attack range. MoM is great becuase it gives him what he wants. Attack speed, mobility, sustainablity for easy farming between fights. All for 1800 gold, it is a no brainer.

Big Brett

isnt part of the attraction of MoM on Sniper the fact that he's hitting from 100000 range? Not to mention the speed boost from that+phase boots make it pretty hard to catch him.

I can agree with that. I think part of my problem is the current pub meta being so good at gap closing. If I build MoM, it's typically on a beefier build after maybe SnY/Manta, Skadi, BFly. The added attack speed is definitely great, but I think it can wait until later. I tend to play Sniper more as a hard carry, though. Usually farm my ass off.

Big Brett

Sniper has an aoe slow skill that gives vision and cancels blink dagger, a right click ability that slows ms/as, an ability that gives him 950 attack range. MoM is great becuase it gives him what he wants. Attack speed, mobility, sustainablity for easy farming between fights. All for 1800 gold, it is a no brainer.

I think you won this one. Might have to try it out earlier. Good points.

I must admit though: charging a Sniper who just popped MoM as Spirit Breaker...feels good. I get that smug, "you just activated my trap card" face. :3

I would really appreciate if Valve would do something to address the many bugs and problems in AD mode. I've seen it said elsewhere that this is the second most popular mode in the game, and the mode I play almost exclusively, yet there seems to have been zero time alotted to it since it was released.

Worst thing in the mode has got to be centaur, who's winrate must be very high (never seen statistics for the mode) though I am not sure how Valve could address that hero's imbalance.

Low Tier
I would really appreciate if Valve would do something to address the many bugs and problems in AD mode. I've seen it said elsewhere that this is the second most popular mode in the game, and the mode I play almost exclusively, yet there seems to have been zero time alotted to it since it was released.

Worst thing in the mode has got to be centaur, who's winrate must be very high (never seen statistics for the mode) though I am not sure how Valve could address that hero's imbalance.

balancing for AD mode? AD is the most casual mode, and can honestly be said to be a watered down non-dota version of dota. It's fun, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom