• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png

Mordeccai

I just realized, it may be more worth while to not build shadow blade on spirit breaker and just use smoke for cheap ganks.

I will have to experiment. Maybe get a maelstrom up earlier in place of SB, the saved gold could be put toward a hyperstone. I still think MoM is basically necessary for easy solo support kills, but better off not used for most 2 vs 1 situations

Though the bonus DMG out of invis is really nice... Hrm. This weekend, I will have to method act as space cow to truly discover the answer.

Manus

I just realized, it may be more worth while to not build shadow blade on spirit breaker and just use smoke for cheap ganks.

I will have to experiment. Maybe get a maelstrom up earlier in place of SB, the saved gold could be put toward a hyperstone. I still think MoM is basically necessary for easy solo support kills, but better off not used for most 2 vs 1 situations

Though the bonus DMG out of invis is really nice... Hrm. This weekend, I will have to method act as space cow to truly discover the answer.

Do you usually go Aghs on him as well? I love getting it. The AOE the ulty has is great, especially in huge team fights.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
In regards to the inhouse league, I wish the player get to know period was longer

See, I was originally planning for about 1 month, but people complained to me that that was far too long and that players might lose interest. Also, I wanted our grand final to finish at least 2 weeks prior to TI5, many an amateur tournament had their thunder/hype completely obliterated by TI.

Maybe next time (if there is one). I'll do a big what worked/what didn't post and hopefully we'll learn from this "experimental" season and iron out all those issues. This being our first 'true' IHL, there's bound to be some things we don't anticipate, and other things that don't work as intended or can only be gleaned from direct observation.

inkls

See, I was originally planning for about 1 month, but people complained to me that that was far too long and that players might lose interest. Also, I wanted our grand final to finish at least 2 weeks prior to TI5, many an amateur tournament had their thunder/hype completely obliterated by TI.

Maybe next time (if there is one). I'll do a big what worked/what didn't post and hopefully we'll learn from this "experimental" season and iron out all those issues. This being our first 'true' IHL, there's bound to be some things we don't anticipate, and other things that don't work as intended or can only be gleaned from direct observation.

were the captain's picked yet btw?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
were the captain's picked yet btw?

No, we'll start to hash out a list but it won't be official until signups are actually over as the total number of captains depends on the total number of players. Might ask for a couple of "backup captains" later down the line as if a captain no shows to the draft, we're going to end up with more undrafted players than intended.

Tieske

Neo Member
Do you usually go Aghs on him as well? I love getting it. The AOE the ulty has is great, especially in huge team fights.

The cooldown reduction is primarily the reason to get aghs (it's to 20 secs I think?)

AC, Bkb, blabla are all better most of the time, but I agree aghs is 10x as fun
you can also sorta wave clear with it, that's nice

Low Tier
I think this is all a ploy by anbokr to get someone to donate Dragonball Xenoverse to him, and then ihl will die

Aghs is pretty shitty on spacecow imo, even a 5 seconds bkb is better
Fun to get if you're snowballing out of control and you know you can't lose though.

I have a theory that playing Bara makes you a worst player.

Friend of mine only plays SB and I'm pretty sure he's gotten worst at Dota as a result.

All dive all the time.

I have a theory that playing Bara makes you a worst player.

Friend of mine only plays SB and I'm pretty sure he's gotten worst at Dota as a result.

All dive all the time.

I don't agree
He makes your map awareness better, and you learn to play with vision items (obs, sentry, smoke)

Of course if you just go "cyka me charge mid" whenever charge is on cooldown that's another story

Baha

I want to trade the following multiples I have:

Spoils from the Shifting Sorcerer Bundle (Burning's AM Set)
The Gifts of Yoskreth Set (AM)
Revered Arms Set (PL)
The Hare Hunt Set (Sniper)
Relics of the Sundered King (Wraith King)
Shadow Hunter Set (CaspeRRR's Nyx set)
Hell's Ambassador Set (Lion)
Tools of the Demon Witch Set (Lion)

Looking for pudge/axe/techies/dazzle mainly, but all welcome. I have a lot of items from before the drops was changed, so won't be able to accept all trades.

Sent you a pm.

TUSR

Banned
IHL2 Cross Post:
I added everyone signed up on Steam, I'll be inviting people to both the IHL Guild and IHL Steam Group intermittently whenever friend requests are accepted or take it upon yourself to message me before I get to you.

I don't agree
He makes your map awareness better, and you learn to play with vision items (obs, sentry, smoke)

Of course if you just go "cyka me charge mid" whenever charge is on cooldown that's another story

Yeah he's more of that cyka charge everything mindset.

Don't get me wrong, there are good ways to play him... I'm just jaded because my friend is so bad.

kvk1

You guys in charge of IHL are doing a great job. Take it from somebody who watches unhealthy amounts of Dota, amateur to professional, that everything is brilliantly scheduled, professional, and presentable right now.

WP.

Mordeccai

The two times I've built it, I was underwhelmed with it for 4k gold. I would rather have AC or Mjol/MKB, even a fast Halbred depending on the other team comp.

It does give a little bit of crowd control, but I feel SB is better suited for single target lock down.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I usually have a rough idea of what I want to play when I go into games, and I'll only diverge if I want to save our comp.

you know what would own, is if when you tun off hero portrait animation, it gets replaced by some hand drawn art type thingy of the hero instead of a derpy freeze frame of the in game model

shira

In regards to the inhouse league, I wish the player get to know period was longer

Extra tough job for the captains.
If there is prizes they should get them, not the winners

- gotta draft and evaluate over 100 fellow gaffers
- make tough calls on who plays and who is benched - do you take 4.5k MMR college kid free time galore or 2k MMR guy working double shifts only has time for 1 game a week
- god forbid you have a lower MMR than your draftees
- depending on servers, tough it out on 200+ ping
-
rage.gif

Hupsel

Sniper should get a -50% hit chance if hes attacking an enemy hero close to him like drow since sniperz are really hard to aim at close range I learned that from halo and the incredible tiny reticle aim

I play AR and RD because all the disgusting pickers don't play those modes

I stopped playing single draft because the quality of games in that mode is generally really low for some reason. I don't know why.

I play AR and RD because all the disgusting pickers don't play those modes

I stopped playing single draft because the quality of games in that mode is generally really low for some reason. I don't know why.
Almost everyone who plays it just immediately locks in the character that they like most(read:carry/mid) without the consequence of people yelling at you for picking a fourth carry. You can just claim that all 3 of your choices were carries. It'd be best if everyone could see all the options every player has, would slightly lower the amount of players fucking over the team. Of course you'll always have those players that just don't care.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You guys in charge of IHL are doing a great job. Take it from somebody who watches unhealthy amounts of Dota, amateur to professional, that everything is brilliantly scheduled, professional, and presentable right now.

WP.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Considering we have nothing prior to go off of, it's nice to hear that we're doing an ok job so far :).

Raytow

Sniper should get a -50% hit chance if hes attacking an enemy hero close to him like drow since sniperz are really hard to aim at close range I learned that from halo and the incredible tiny reticle aim
Sniper headshot is useless at 400 range, assassinate doesn't work at less than 800 range.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I always love how the nerf bandwagon sets on soon after a hero is actually made viable. What usually happens is they get some minor nerf ("Sven now does 5% less cleave damage!" People barely remember he ever was FOTM), buff a bunch of other heroes, and the community forget about them.

I wonder if Omniknight and Abaddon will see changes, they have super high win rates and still low pick rates, they remind me of Global Aura Treant with his 60% win rate.

Also, I think Oracle really does need some sort of buff. That, or he needs some pubstar to show people how its done. But Wyvern is pretty good, just dull to play.

Manus

I just hope Shadow Fiend doesn't receive a nerf. I feel like any small nerf would really hurt the hero. He's not the easiest hero to play. I just love playing him.

I think if you decrease the slow from Shrapnel to 10>15>20>25% from 15>20>25>30% and the max dps from 48>45 he'll be fine. Maybe only 10% slow at level 1 Shrapnel is a bit too big of a nerf though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I just hope Shadow Fiend doesn't receive a nerf. I feel like any small nerf would really hurt the hero. He's not the easiest hero to play. I just love playing him.

I just think a Euls nerf will fix him. He's overpowered because Euls gives him literally everything he needs--infinite mana regen, survivability, mobility, and the ability to one shot any hero all for a measly 2850g.

Make Euls function like in dota 1 where you can't actually phase into the unit for a max dmg requiem. Also up the cost by another 150-200 because the item isn't just op with SF. It's pretty broken in general for what it gives at such a cheap price.

I always love how the nerf bandwagon sets on soon after a hero is actually made viable. What usually happens is they get some minor nerf ("Sven now does 5% less cleave damage!" People barely remember he ever was FOTM), buff a bunch of other heroes, and the community forget about them.

That's not usually the case imo. Look at heroes like void, brew, Lycan, dp, razor, alchemist, naga, and TB. Those nerfs piled up to be pretty major. It's always nice when you have a case like sven, but I think he's the outlier, not the norm.

Low Tier
sven was a victim of meta shift, not direct hero nerfs. Games were being played at that "stack-everything-farm-everything" mentality at the time, and sven could powerfarm with his cleave faster than any other hero. Given the direct nerf to his predecessors, and a relatively quick meta so heroes couldn't really be discovered, he was given his limelight because teams equated stack ancients = sven or luna

I wish you could see who uses the glyph
Too many morons use it on the T2 when the enemy is 5 manning, and then they just take full rax for free

shira

I wish you could see who uses the glyph
Too many morons use it on the T2 when the enemy is 5 manning, and then they just take full rax for free And show allies last hits for max asbestos

inkls

I don't get why people in that mason reddit thread are saying ranked rd would be super balanced compared to AP because you wouldn't be able to pick fotm/bullshit/op (pick your term preference) heroes.

While yeah RD limits those picks, it also limits your options for countering a hero it appears in the pool.

So many times you have an awful pool for a specific lane and randomness doesn't mean you wont see specific heroes. Heck, for a while Storm appeared in 90% of my RD matches.

The only thing that bothers me tbh is Meepo. That hero has a higher winrate than lone druid so it isn't even a micro issue. Its not like the hero requires another hero to enable himself like wisp. Hero has 40% wr by himself sigh.

Same thing with Alch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom