• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't get why people in that mason reddit thread are saying ranked rd would be super balanced compared to AP because you wouldn't be able to pick fotm/bullshit/op (pick your term preference) heroes.

While yeah RD limits those picks, it also limits your options for countering a hero it appears in the pool.

So many times you have an awful pool for a specific lane and randomness doesn't mean you wont see specific heroes. Heck, for a while Storm appeared in 90% of my RD matches.

The only thing that bothers me tbh is Meepo. That hero has a higher winrate than lone druid so it isn't even a micro issue. Its not like the hero requires another hero to enable himself like wisp. Hero has 40% wr by himself sigh.

Same thing with Alch

The best mode hon had was a ranked rd (banning draft). Something like that would be perfect for ranked with the highest mmr player on each side gets to ban 2 heroes each. I'm all about that RD though--best mode by far and it's the mode me and my RL friends used to play 6-8 years ago back in dota1 at the LAN cafe (so lots of nostalgia).

Big Dog

Random draft is easily my favorite mode. Makes both teams have to pick from a 1/5 or so of the total pool. It's fun having to adapt to the options and makes choosing easier on you even.

Wok

Got stuck in a long game with Sniper, but I felt I needed more DPS, my build was not so effective. What is the ultimate build for late game Sniper?

4Sg23M9.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1317567041

NvtWP1y.png

I have tried lots of combinations, but none clicked.

I think the most effective was my first build: Satanic, Skadi, Mjöllnir, Boots of Travel, and... Shadow Blade, Gem of True Sight. If the ennemy were different, I would have dropped one of these two. Maybe for Deso.

Got stuck in a long game with Sniper, but I felt I needed more DPS, my build was not so effective. What is the ultimate build?

NvtWP1y.png

I think the most effective was my first build: Satanic, Skadi, Mjöllnir, Boots of Travel, and... Shadow Blade, Gem of True Sight. If the ennemy were different, I would have dropped one of these two. Maybe Deso.

aquila phase mom maelstrom/SnY (order depends) mjollnir/daedalus/bkb/skadi (order depends)

Got stuck in a long game with Sniper, but I felt I needed more DPS, my build was not so effective. What is the ultimate build for late game Sniper?

4Sg23M9.png

NvtWP1y.png

I think the most effective was my first build: Satanic, Skadi, Mjöllnir, Boots of Travel, and... Shadow Blade, Gem of True Sight. If the ennemy were different, I would have dropped one of these two. Maybe for Deso.

Mjolnirr, boots of travel, skadi, daedalus, mkb/rapier, butterfly/satanic/bkb if too many lockdown

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe Team Tinker has actually put together a good roster this time. Unless teams pick up hard though, TI5 is going to be a bit weak though.

shira

Drkirby:
Maybe Team Tinker has actually put together a good roster this time. Unless teams pick up hard though, TI5 is going to be a bit weak though.
---
Can TT even qualify for a LAN from now till July?
Most tournaments only have 1 NA slot which goes to EG .
They ought to focus on their TI5 qualifier strats and some kind of video for the Summit 3 redemption vote.
My guess about TI5 invites:
Direct Invites (nine): EG, C9, Secret, Navi, LGD, iG, Empire, Rave, VG,
Qualifiers (six): 2 China, 2 EU, 1 NA, 1 SEA
Wildcards (three): 1 China, 1 NA, 1 EU

mason:
the game used to be so much more fun when meepo/es didnt exist and high skilled pubs used tobe stack vs stack. now its just 1 6k+ 4 4ks mirror matches and whoever has the biggest retards loses. thank god i dont play.
whats sad is i remember how i won so many games in dota when mmr first came out. id identify the biggest retard on the other team and just feed off him. super fun and good MM system valve put in place.
---
I imagine this is going to be IHL2 in a nutshell.

Zyphos

Neo Member
So the Drow in this game is afk at top rune alone, and dies. When I call him out jokingly for being alt tabbed, he starts screaming about how it's my fault that he died and after spewing racial and sexual slurs at me, he mutes me.

He proceeds to lose mid hard, and go afk jungle.

I go ballin' as Carry Venge, and while we ultimately lost, it was a fun game.

The entire time, he's bitching to the other team that he has no supports and nobody ever calls missing (We tried, he muted everyone 5 minutes in), mocks me for "Playing a hard support as a carry" and is a general piece of scum. He even has his company's website as his steam name. The way he acted, our team was genuinely wondering if he had mental issues. He's gonna piss someone off someday that's gonna take down his site or something, lol. Oh, Dotes.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1317884156

shira

Big Dog: It's time for me to start betting big on D2L so I can get myself some prize items for the IHL! :horse:
---
facepalm.gif

IHL2, funded by long shot hat gambling

Code:
[img]https://github.com/bontscho/dota2-chat-emoticons/raw/master/assets/images/facepalm.gif[/img]

IHL2, funded by long shot hat gambling

Are we all adopting dumb quoting styles now?

"Are we all adopting dumb quoting styles now?" asked Sentient Keyboard, clearly confused.

"What makes you say that?" replied Gentle Rodriguez, not understanding the problem.

Kade

I don't know how to read this thread anymore. Please quote using the appropriate tools provided by the forum software.

inkls

I dunno i kind of like it

KADE: I don't know how to read this thread anymore. Please quote using the appropriate tools provided by the forum software.

My match making luck today is fucking hideous. 4v5 and intentional feeder back to back. In GW2 I got premades and 4v5s for 4 straight games.

help

Big Brett

GAF do u think allowing BH to place wards/use items/skills and not break invis is too good?

I think it changes the mechanic of invisibility in the game. You can smoke and use abilities, ward, etc., but not with invisibility. It's an interesting concept, but giving him free smoke is a little overpowered in my opinion.

Kard8p3

I think it changes the mechanic of invisibility in the game. You can smoke and use abilities, ward, etc., but not with invisibility. It's an interesting concept, but giving him free smoke is a little overpowered in my opinion.

I'm looking at it like Riki tbh. He get's a free pass cuz he's always invis so it makes sense, but BH stays invis a fuck ton as well. IDK tho. Probably too good.

I'm looking at it like Riki tbh. He get's a free pass cuz he's always invis so it makes sense, but BH stays invis a fuck ton as well. IDK tho. Probably too good.

Actually I think this would be a good buff to bounty. not a huge deal for core bounty (assuming combat items like hex/dagon/etc. do pop invis) but would buff support bounty nicely.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
GAF do u think allowing BH to place wards/use items/skills and not break invis is too good?

What I would like to see is him unfade and then refade without needing another cast of Shadow Walk, making Shadow Walk a buff that doesn't get dispelled until it times out or he attacks.

Edit: Enemy took Sniper from me, I gave him the ol' CHARGE!!!
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1318305989

I a bit suprised my team didn't give me flack for my build. Crimson Guard into Vlads (Game ended to fast to finish scepter). I figured we had enough carries that I could go more utility, and Crimson Guard helps a lot vs Troll IMO.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still have a 51% win rate. Clearly the game is Pay2Win, the more hats you own the more ez games
techies.gif
grave.gif
pup.gif

Also, I believe this topic sorely lacks in the struggle of person trying to get 4k, so I started playing ranked a bit.

Dear Dairy. Today I lost 1mmr, making me net zero for this week. My first game had an axe that rage quitted, and I was unable to micro him well (Plus my team sold all his items). I think we could have come back too if he stayed and had a better attitude. Then, I played 3 games as Sniper and peeped a total of 54 people. Then had a 28 minute win as Spirit Breaker. All in all, I feel like we should have lost like 2 of my Sniper games, but we didn't. I need to stop getting so caught up in team fighting on cores, it took 30 minutes to get RoA/MoM/S&Y, we won because our Clock owned in the mid game and the enemy never pushed their advantage.

Kard8p3

Man I love it when a team tries to push high ground again you and they fail and they fail and they fail. And then you win because they threw.

get fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom