• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
how many years can we go on saying this year is the year that defines us

The idea of esports is still pretty young, and its just starting to gain popularity. I think its going to keep redefining its self for a number of years.

Acinixys

What?

I do not understand my world right now.

Im sure Tobi is leaving because BTS is now THE go to studio for Dota casting

They pull the guys from DotaCinema, The Good Studio as well as the solo players like Pyrion and Sheever into most of their big events

It just feels to me that Tobi has been edged out of the Dota market

Come to think of it I havent heard any casts from Aysee in at least 6 months

Wonder if he will be at TI5

Im sure Tobi is leaving because BTS is now THE go to studio for Dota casting

They pull the guys from DotaCinema, The Good Studio as well as the solo players like Pyrion and Sheever into most of their big events

It just feels to me that Tobi has been edged out of the Dota market

Come to think of it I havent heard any casts from Aysee in at least 6 months

Wonder if he will be at TI5
AC has been doing the D2L tournaments consistently. Not much more, though.

Acinixys

When was the last time JoinDota even had a decent sized tournament on Twitch? Can't think of anything since ESL

A long time ago because they use that Daily Motion shithole now

Also, of you DONT pick Undying, Zeus and Troll its an instant loss in the YB

UD is the god of the mode

Hylian7

When I make a 5-man RP in Year Beast Brawl, and it doesn't do shit, I think it's safe to call gg.
tears.gif

manfestival

forget playing year beast with randoms ever again

I swear, its like people dont know how to listen. we have magnus to initiate for us and he does. I am warlock and clicking to ult all those lovely bunched up people but NOPE.... kotl decides to knock them out of my ult .... EVERY FREAKING TIME

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Warlock sounds like a nice idea on paper but he really isn't (outside of an organized party)

You want to be able to dig in and fight for the long haul, not rely on ults and explosiveness.

This is why Zeus, BB and UD are king.

Warlock sounds like a nice idea on paper but he really isn't (outside of an organized party)

You want to be able to dig in and fight for the long haul, not rely on ults and explosiveness.

This is why Zeus, BB and UD are king.

He's great played as a roaming support ganker.

Zeknurn

Year Beast Brawl
  • Normal and Ranked Matchmaking games can now be found while the Year Beast Brawl is active.
  • Increased the Year Beast Brawl matchmaking window from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
  • The time of the next Year Beast Brawl event is always shown.
  • Fixed a rare issue causing Refresher, Resurrection, and True Sight auras to not always work correctly.
  • Fixed double-spending bug that would occur in the Year Beast Brawl if the Upgrade button was pressed multiple times in quick succession.
  • Fixed Year Beast icon being sometimes missing on the minimap.

Pathfinding
  • Added an experimental directional move command on Alt+Right Click which moves with pathfinding disabled. This is enabled with the dota_unit_allow_moveto_direction convar.
    [*]Chasing around towers and turning to face a target will no longer cause stutter-stepping.
    [*]Fixed some cases where paths would contain excessive turning or would get stuck during movement.
Miscellaneous
  • Improved login and matchmaking servers to sustain higher concurrent player counts and bursts of match formation.
  • Fixed Crystal Maiden's arcana pet incorrectly interacting with bots.
  • Custom cursor images are now allowed in matchmaking.
  • Recipes and Previous TI Compendium Points will expire on May 1st.
  • Fixed Phantom Assassin's missing cape.
  • Fixed Lina's belt texture.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Added an experimental directional move command on Alt+Right Click which moves with pathfinding disabled. This is enabled with the dota_unit_allow_moveto_direction convar.
Hell yeah I have wanted that for a long time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Crafting is dead 5ever I guess, since Valve is now just deleting all the recipes.

I guess I should use that old Wraith King Relic Recipe I had been holding onto.

inkls

dac15_fantastic.gif

those games are always the best

rubbing it in his face was the best.

how does he not have a real item when he went BF/MoM/Mael/Midas at 41 minutes?

i dunno, i didnt expect much from a dude like him and his ultragreed build.

lmao my micro is so bad but when you get some nice centaur stuns or troll traps with chen...so good

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/546...y_type=&game_mode=&region=&faction=&duration=

I can put him on the shelf for another year

nice

So Crafting is dead 5ever I guess, since Valve is now just deleting all the recipes.

I guess I should use that old Wraith King Relic Recipe I had been holding onto.

Why is Valve so bad at this shit.

They've been screwing around with the drops and items system since day 1 and they're never satisfied

I hate how Dota 2 doesn't have TF2's promo item system. In TF2 after the promotional period is over, the items from the promo are treated like any other item and made easily obtainable, just not as Genuine.

In Dota 2, the "Genuine" tag means absolutely nothing and Valve never kept up with adding recipes for old promo items and they made the requirements to craft those items absolutely absurd. In TF2, 2 items = random chance of any other hat, including any old promos.

In Dota 2 you needed 1900 Mythical and your first born as ingredients to make a recipe you needed to open 200 dollars worth of crates to find.

shira

I hate how Dota 2 doesn't have TF2's promo item system. In TF2 after the promotional period is over, the items from the promo are treated like any other item and made easily obtainable, just not as Genuine.

In Dota 2, the "Genuine" tag means absolutely nothing and Valve never kept up with adding recipes for old promo items and they made the requirements to craft those items absolutely absurd. In TF2, 2 items = random chance of any other hat, including any old promos.

In Dota 2 you needed 1900 Mythical and your first born as ingredients to make a recipe you needed to open 200 dollars worth of crates to find.
The problem is that those crafted items are bettable and the genuine ones are not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom