• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

I've heard SteveWinwood was a renown dual boxing abuser during his WoW times so I'm not surprised his old habits transferred to dota 2.

edit: here it is, from the man himself

vcKQiLp.png

JFjQHmS.png

All we need now is for inkls to delete his lies & apologize.

inkls

I've heard SteveWinwood was a renown dual boxing abuser during his WoW times so I'm not surprised his old habits transferred to dota 2.

edit: here it is, from the man himself

vcKQiLp.png

JFjQHmS.png

All we need now is for inkls to delete his lies & apologize.

you mean stevewinwood

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so does this mean that all of the erotic fanfiction i've written is actually just a story about steve jerking off

Wok

Had to deal with the most godly Undying ive seen in almost 5000 hours of Dota

He only put one point in decay and maxed soul rip and tombstone

Went 1 in ulti and then stats till he was maxed out

Was IMPOSSIBLE to deal with in fights before 30 minutes

As soon as you hit the tombstone he uses decay on you and then rips the tomb to get it to max HP again

I have found this guy who must be doing similar stuff.

Smithy C

Have they made some "fixes" to the Year Beast Brawl? It was working fine(ish) for me yesterday, but now when I click on the button to enter the game as whoever, it freezes and auto-disconnects me after 25 seconds. Did that 3 times in a row...

Or is this the brokenness that everyone was talking about for the past couple days and I was just getting lucky?

Edit: Nope - that just happened in a normal match too. Man, there must be a lot of people playing if Valve's servers are just melting like this.

Wok

I have tried this Undying and it is Purge's guide indeed. It is good, but my teammates do not get the fight near the tombstone thing, they prefer to be picked off solo in the jungle.

Hylian7

My thoughts on Year Beast Brawl:

It's a fun mode, but damn shame it is so P2W, and takes out normal matchmaking. The cooldowns on the abilities do a little bit to balance it, but it generally is "which team has the points to get those upgrades?" determines who wins.

However, hero lineup is also a big part of it. Like I mentioned, Magnus Warlock is disgusting for it. You just give him an Empower and pop DD and he wrecks shit.

While regular matchmaking is only prevented for 10 minutes, and that isn't a very long time, it does kind of suck if you don't give two shits about this mode and are in a situation like "Okay I can play one more match if I start one now and not in 10 minutes." Granted that is a rare situation, but it does happen.

That said, I do like the free hats we are getting from it.

Hylian7

Had to deal with the most godly Undying ive seen in almost 5000 hours of Dota

He only put one point in decay and maxed soul rip and tombstone

Went 1 in ulti and then stats till he was maxed out

Was IMPOSSIBLE to deal with in fights before 30 minutes

As soon as you hit the tombstone he uses decay on you and then rips the tomb to get it to max HP again

I didn't know people put more than one point in Decay on Undying. I thought that was what you were supposed to do.

bbd23

its honestly depressing knowing the witcher 3 isn't coming out next week and I have to play dota for a few more months

sigh
dac15_sad.gif

lost again, I'm like 4-8 in this mode

our spectre disconnected at 3 minutes, came back at 20 and complained about people selling his items for the rest of the game

it's never a good sign when the solo support has the most hero & tower damage

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Dota has never been more popular and the money is enormous and yet there's the distinct sense that we're going backwards in a fair number of ways.

Quesa

Dota has never been more popular and the money is enormous and yet there's the distinct sense that we're going backwards in a fair number of ways.

This is very true, I feel. It's a such a big market and yet it doesn't feel like anyone other than Valve can make a reliable income from the game. Casters and players swap around constantly, meaning that the right call from a career perspective never seems clear. Item creators are often left in the dark and very few of them can afford to do it full time. Stream popularity has always been a crap shoot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Doesn't matter if people won't hire him. CS:Go is pretty big now though.

Edit: Alright, outside some formatting issues, working as intended:
2015-02-16%2016.55.17.png

If I mute someone, that means I don't want to play with them Valve. I appreciate match making is very complex but... come on.

my own fault for not checking teams before predicting victory

KingKong

I really would prefer either the CSGO system (do 3 majors and a TI) or the league system (but I dont think Valve wants to get involved that much)

Big Dog

Tobi will always hold the spot of best shout and play caster I think but personally it seems clear that we don't hear much from him since he has dug the grave that is JoinDota. It's also a pity that BeyondTheSummit has such a crazy market share of popular games being casted (pity in the sense that no other quality places can rise up and shine). This year will surely be a big deal in many ways for the future of Dota as an e-sport, competition, whatever you feel like calling it.

how many years can we go on saying this year is the year that defines us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom