• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

His new armor/tattoos look cool, but that's precisely why we have cosmetics. This is not a rework. Everything done here could have been done in the workshop.

I couldn't agree more that other heroes like Zeus or Viper had a far greater need of this.

Deadly

Heh, the game now tells you who has the highest MMR on the enemy team. I wonder how many people will be able to exploit that. You can even make an educated guess of who the lowest MMR is now, since usually a large disparity between average and highest is due to parties.

http://i.imgur.com/3ddswrW.png
Yeah I don't know why they added this, I can only imagine negatives coming from it.

Faceless Rex is AWESOME.

Quesa

TIDEWRECKED

I like the Void remake but yeah they could have devoted those resources to Viper or Slar. I hope they do something similar with Zeus (I like his design, but not this model)

TIDEWRECKED

I like the Void remake but yeah they could have devoted those resources to Viper or Slar. I hope they do something similar with Zeus (I like his design, but not this model)

I'm pretty sure the Viper, Slardar and Zeus remodels are more or less done, they probably just wanted to get this one out because they said it was the "next" to be updated (except Shadow Fiend, who they announced before the poll even happened).

Basically, mob stupidity is why Zeus, Slardar and Viper are still hideous. I'm going to throw Jakiro and Necro in there too.

In fact even a ton of decent heroes could use a touch up, like Axe and AA. I'd even like to see Tiny have a second go, because I'm still not entirely satisfied with his texture quality with his lvl 3 ult and his stock tree is hilariously bad.

I'm glad they kept the same headshape, my biggest fear was that they'd fuck it up.

10/10 remodel

CAftVVCVAAAhIye.png:large

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The worst part of this Void remake is that there won't be an update for ages, otherwise they would have saved this up.

Yeah, likely at least a month until we get something else.

Also, what happened to the Battleblock Theater announcer?

We couldn't think of any way to redesign the hero so we just didn't do anything LOL.

They asked the community for ideas. This is what the community gave them as ideas.

They also couldn't really do anything major because Void has 10 billion highly specific cosmetics that have to be worked around. And not like capes and belts which are easy, like, claws and entire heads that need to be worked around so they were trapped.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They asked the community for ideas. This is what the community gave them as ideas.

They also couldn't really do anything major because Void has 10 billion highly specific cosmetics that have to be worked around. And not like capes and belts which are easy, like, claws and entire heads that need to be worked around so they were trapped.

I'm well aware of why it happened. Doesn't make it any less comically ridiculous.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The Sexy Hair is great, they totally could ship that head as an item.

shira

The worst part of this Void remake is that there won't be an update for ages, otherwise they would have saved this up.

I'm guessing

- TI tickets announcement late March
- TI tickets on sale early April
- blogpost about TI invites mid April with Spring Cleaning 2015 + Source 2 河童

Blu(e)

Had a CM doing the arcana upgrade to get her dog upgrade and freaked the fuck out when our Dazzle destroyed a single ward. She announced that she was going to feed and went on to do it, blaming Dazzle for not allowing her to do her "quest" and typing in caps all game. Some people man.

Then why they didn't just put the heroes in the poll, the ones with no items or something.

That said, it was mostly the community fault for voting for FV in the first place.

ViviOggi

Had a CM doing the arcana upgrade to get her dog upgrade and freaked the fuck out when our Dazzle destroyed a single ward. She announced that she was going to feed and went on to do it, blaming Dazzle for not allowing her to do her "quest" and typing in caps all game. Some people man.
Imagine Valve not having had the foresight to drop achievements

I still go with the theory it would have been a wasted pick to have picked someone who needed a remake anyway.

That void remake looks like it could have been done in a few hours though (limited knowledge on timeframes of a project like this though)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I still go with the theory it would have been a wasted pick to have picked someone who needed a remake anyway.

That void remake looks like it could have been done in a few hours though (limited knowledge on timeframes of a project like this though)

That theory is still ass and doesn't make any sense. If that's the case you pick a hero who would be like twentieth in line for rework, not one with one of the most solid models already.

Acinixys

Lose 3 in a row

Oh well ill play roaming Mirana and have some fun

End up carrying the heaviest team to victory vs a far superior draft

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I only have 12 friends playing dota right now.

sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom