• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

I got first blood on 1.09.

I don't really care what happens for the rest of the tournament.

My glass is officially half full.

Manus

NOSGl4h.jpg
nX1Sqjq.gif

Dawww, so coot.

Gah just went up against a full rat naga who was super smug about herself. We had a treant to drag things out, but it wasn't enough in the end.

Lord is it frustrating.

rexor0717

Gah just went up against a full rat naga who was super smug about herself. We had a treant to drag things out, but it wasn't enough in the end.

Lord is it frustrating.

Its my favorite thing to do in Dota at the moment. If you can get a good timing on the radiance, you just control the game and all lanes. Its amazing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tonight was the first time i've actually helped someone survive using nightmare instead of hastening their death

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

i am a pro now

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
that should be

helped someone on my team survive

i've helped plenty of people on enemy teams survive with my nightmares

02vG8jH.png

era1Cv6.gif

Note, friends:
fail to draft a sufficient amount of CC and Weaver *will* give you that work. Oh and someone recognized me from GAF. Am I famous now?

edit: Also, Satch is goddess-tier for putting up with that bullshit earlier and almost carrying it in SPITE of mothafuckas drawing shapes and symbols with item recipies and branches for 30 fucking minutes.

Some of ya'll need to get your minds plugged up. Something is leaking.

botty

Banned
edit: Also, Satch is goddess-tier for putting up with that bullshit earlier and almost carrying it in SPITE of mothafuckas drawing shapes and symbols with item recipies and branches for 30 fucking minutes.

Some of ya'll need to get your minds plugged up. Something is leaking.

I drew a smiley face and an arrow pointing towards the ancient.

It was beautiful.

were you in the last inhouse?

Yea, I was the Silencer and Phantom Lancer.

If I had to critique myself, then I would say this:

Game 1

I honestly think that our line-up was ok. Not the best but workable. Even though I was "captain" per se, I didn't expect (or want) to be a leader as I'm not used to telling people to go here, do this, do that. I was too busy getting the free farm and that was my mistake. Oh, and I messed up on the PA ban lol. I didn't mean to do that. In theory, Sand King burrowstrike and Omni heal bomb is a pretty good combo, I think. But failed communication on my part did not allow the use of that. I'm not a "pushy" person so I didn't ask for sentries. And I also assumed that it was common sense to bring some against a Riki, but that's my fault. I shouldn't have assumed and actually attempted to lead my team.

I got Midas because I thought my farm was pretty good even though I got it a 9 mins? I believe I just went full YOLO mode there and thought it was a good idea; However, it wasn't because our team should have been more "aggressive" and, well, Midas lol.

I'm shy though :(

Game 2

We just didn't know how to deal with Techies. Riki was annoying. I think at one point we didn't have wards up but that makes sense since only had 1 support. I believe I was doing decent as PL but then I'm not sure if I made stupid mistakes and/or Techies was just best Techies NA(or EU). I probably should've just left lane and started ganking but I think my mindset was "Get Diffusal first then start ganking." Then I died a couple of times and got a Yasha instead. Then Techies was just scary lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Uhg, the South American's throwing away a winnable game. Geez. Just a smidge more of teamwork or good attitude an we would have won.

Acinixys

Do you have any sicknasty tips? I chuck arrows at mid like an idiot but I cant seem to make it work.

1. Use the trees and fog to your advantage

So many Miranas stand in lane and arrow you where you can see it coming miles away. Rather go into/behind the trees so you arrow is hidden from them for 90%+ of its flight time

Its almost impossible to dodge an arrow that pops out from the edge of the trees

2. Use the enemies greed to your advantage

If they are pushed far up to farm, watch them. As soon as the creep in from of them is 2 hits from dying, arrow. They will move in for the LH and get 1 foot of steel to the face.

kionedrik

So today I've been called a noob by an enemy Sniper because:

- Picked Slark offlane;
- Built Lothar's;
- Slark is currently my most played hero.

Ironically, said Sniper also built the same item and berated me because "Pros get blink" and, on top of it, I had a Zeus on my team.

This game...

H13

Look on the bright side. As bad as Malaysian LANs get (surprise) nothing has ever come close to topping Indian Gaming Carnival, an event run by one "WTF Eventz" (No I'm not kidding) where Moscow 5 essentially got physically threatened and robbed by event personnel.

http://www.hltv.org/news/8440-m5-scammed-robbed-in-india

the other Malaysia LAN games are successful , I have went one. The problem is , the organisers that handling this LAN are new, and they even stated that have no experience, why they did not consult any of other experienced one ? Or maybe test the system or hardware first, so that nothing major fault can happened, which unfortunately did. I feel really bad for the guys who purchased they VIP tickets...many mistake for a 100kUSD competition . Its not the country fault , its the organization incompetence imo. Really hope for a better Day 2

I just went there and wasted like 3-4 hours of looking at a logo instead of playing dota :(

Probably the worst part of this remake is now I want them to go back and do the same thing to relatively fine looking heroes like Chaos Knight, Windranger, Drow and Lich. All of them are ok, but their textures could use a nice clean up, especially Drow and CK, they're kind of muddy.

Probably the worst part of this remake is now I want them to go back and do the same thing to relatively fine looking heroes like Chaos Knight, Windranger, Drow and Lich. All of them are ok, but their textures could use a nice clean up, especially Drow and CK, they're kind of muddy.

"Chaos Knight alternative model! for $7.99!"

inkls

Okay, whos responsible for this? Start talking.

lunaifujpeg.jpg

did you seriously name that picture "lunafujpeg.jpg"?

To be fair Luna wasn't the only hero he listed to possibly play. He did say he always wanted to play Luna in a in-house at least once though.

I was surprised when we got in game and the opposing team immediately was asking why we let Huspel play Luna!

his dotabuff: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/46699162

i was surprised it took this long for someone to pick him luna

Red UFO

I always see a lot of people asking for Zeus to be remade, but I don't really see an issue with him. The last thing I wanna see happen to Zeus is for him to just become a tall bearded muscular dude. I quite like lil' zeus.
1JTivVA.gif

I always see a lot of people asking for Zeus to be remade, but I don't really see an issue with him. The last thing I wanna see happen to Zeus is for him to just become a tall bearded muscular dude. I quite like lil' zeus.
1JTivVA.gif
Yea....no fuck that.

Any design for Zeus is better than what they have now. It's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom