• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this may be the dumbest idea ever

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

kvk1

Need lore reasons why a damn gnome on top of a ogre would destroy building with one click and some gold. Dota doesnt do anything without respecting the lore.

The solution he's carrying around in his beaker is called a Buildings-B-Gone.

Very ancient. Real magical stuff.

Boom, lore.

kionedrik

They should honestly give him back his HP gain with ult. His huge HP pool when ulted offset his honestly shitty skillset

His ult is fine as it is. Back when it gave +HP and +Regen it was broken as hell.

Want to make him viable? Increase his MS to 300/305, and give him +2 base armour.
Maybe rework acid spray to be an ability with AoE around Alch instead of being ground targeted, tweak the duration and keep the same -Armour and damage values.

kvk1

i think i confused a beaker with a volumetric flask, by the way

so calm down, science nerds, i'm sorry

i'm sorry

dac15_tired.gif

Artanisix

"Have you seen BananaSlamJamma Husk? Crazy

I think Huskar is near unstoppable if picked against the right composition (non physical damage dealers). Unfortunately pubs are currently infested with Trolls, Juggs and Snipers pickers"

I absolutely love Huskar. Doesn't mean I think he's a super strong hero though. He is insane against the right lineup, but he has a lot of troubles in this meta and that's why I'm dropping him in "worst heroes at the moment" club.

Tide freaking sucks, you put one aggro support against him in the offlane and he's done. And he's not worth the farm in a safe lane or mid role IMO, and he's a fairly poor support as well.
cool.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
lightning storm is so much better than diabolic edict at low levels idk why every guide tells you to get the latter

Artanisix

Edict used to be the way to go until it was heavily nerfed. Lightning also received a lot of buffs.

I like doing 2 stun, max lightning, ult when possible, max edict, max stun on my coreshrac.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Edict used to be the way to go until it was heavily nerfed. Lightning also received a lot of buffs.

I like doing 2 stun, max lightning, ult when possible, max edict, max stun on my coreshrac.

yeah, it absolutely melts people in early level teamfights. a couple of lightnings into their blob and they basically have to back off or get destroyed.

TUSR

Banned

In an IH game the other day you got your ult at 6, I seem to have mana issues and the output of lightning seems like a better use of mana. Please help.

yeah, it absolutely melts people in early level teamfights. a couple of lightnings into their blob and they basically have to back off or get destroyed.

I should try this.. The usual result for me with Lesh is I do a ton of damage and as I'm melting opponents I end up melting first and they get away. He may be the most squishiest player. I'd be curious to see who is worse.

The bloodstone build for mid worked great against bots. I think it would be hard to pull that off in a real match. The thought of Lesh mid doesn't sit right with people to even allow it.

Tieske

Neo Member
I should try this.. The usual result for me with Lesh is I do a ton of damage and as I'm melting opponents I end up melting first and they get away. He may be the most squishiest player. I'd be curious to see who is worse.

The bloodstone build for mid worked great against bots. I think it would be hard to pull that off in a real match. The thought of Lesh mid doesn't sit right with people to even allow it.

I think KOTL and dusa are tied for lowest base str / hp and they have shitty base armour on top of that

Lesh actually has 3,22 base armour, go figure lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

oh, he's incredibly squishy. he's kind of badly designed in that you need to survive in order to get all your spells off but he has absolutely no survivability.

with lightning you have to sit on the edge of the fight, because it bounces. you can just cast it on the nearest creep and it'll bounce into their team and do crazy damage to them. a couple of casts of lightning will tear their team apart.

Artanisix

"In an IH game the other day you got your ult at 6, I seem to have mana issues and the output of lightning seems like a better use of mana. Please help."

Lightning is a better use of mana. I take ulti at 6 just for the kill potential. If you land a stun and a lightning on someone at half health, you can blow throw the rest of their hit points with your pulse nova. I would use the ulti sparingly otherwise until I get the bloodstone.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly they should like double the range of his ult.

they could make the damage scale inversely with distance from leshrac if it seems too powerful; down to like 1/2 damage at max range and keep full damage up to 450 range.

Haunted

what if alch ult was a global and instantly destroyed any building that didn't have backdoor protection

also it costs 8000/9000/10000 gold

180/120/60 cd

this may be the dumbest idea ever

sounds like something out of hots
really glad you put the 60 second cd on there, wouldn't want to have to wait to use it again with my 10000 gold

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is there any consensus on the best way to itemize PL?

If all goes well, by min 20-25 I have Treads - RoA - Diffusal - Manta/Skadi + Yasha, sometimes I put a Bottle in there somewhere, but he just feels so weak and squishy...

Should I avoid fighting and just split-push or shall I replace te Skadi with HoT?

don't actually itemize like this

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I want to see Alch get his base agi bumped up to 25 to match his base STR and INT (gives him a bit more armor early on and 13 charity attack speed); from there I don't know, maybe implement the aghs idea that was floating around reddit and here. But yeah, Alch is complete trash right now.

Only game I remember where a support Alch actually succesfully transitioned into a carry was that TI4 DK vs LGD game where DK refused to finish and Alch got a shitload of time to farm up. Game is hard vs 4 farmed cores of which IIRC 3 had a heart.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I just want support alch back. Buff the stun and acid spray.

Fuck that. I just want carry Alch back. That dreadful feeling of letting an Alch freefarm in lane, the ticking time bomb, the "oh god we are completely fucked." The days where Alch vs AM was an epic carry matchup, where Alch was actually considered an AM counter. That's just completely gone. You can give alch a completely free farm lane, a free jungle, never gank him, never go near him, he'll come out six slotted at 30-35 minutes, you laugh, kill him, and collect your 3000g and 3000xp bounty.

Pratfall

Fuck that. I just want carry Alch back. That dreadful feeling of letting an Alch freefarm in lane, the ticking time bomb, the "oh god we are completely fucked." The days where Alch vs AM was an epic carry matchup, where Alch was actually considered an AM counter. That's just completely gone. You can give alch a completely free farm lane, a free jungle, never gank him, never go near him, he'll come out six slotted at 30-35 minutes, you laugh, kill him, and collect your 3000g and 3000xp bounty.

6.79 support alch was so much fun. You would win all lanes with that stun.

Quesa

Posting again since I haven't gotten any responses: If you have stories about the Year Beast being cool/awful when you didn't spend any money, email me! I also need someone who spent a lot!

surielvazquez (at) gmail (dot) com

Tieske

Neo Member
For the few people that are likely online; ihl up (pass ihl of course)

and yes, guild chat is bork. lobby chat and the like work fine though

edit: scratch that lobby chat is broken as well. shouldnt be too much of an issue i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom