• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kionedrik

Just how good would be if Slark suddenly disappeared from the hero pool
Emoticon_happytears.gif

That's a funny way to spell silencer...

Undefeated in ranked play boyz
3-0

Ranked is interesting. It's better overall experience than what I'm used to in AP to be sure. Less...random at the moment, is how I'd put it. Decent compositions, decent decision-making. It also seems quite a bit more hectic. Like everyone is pressing. Everyone trying hard to carry their team. But it's nice in that people aren't doing shit like AFK jungling or failing to carry TP's if the enemy is diving a lane or some shit. It all just feels like every moment is an emergency rushing by and that you need to fill every unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run. I shouldn't have waited so long to jump in.

Having real problems with abandoners at the moment

Don't fucking look for a match if you can't play

edit: and now someone fails to connect.

edit2: and again

4 failed matches in an hour

Genos

Banned
Undefeated in ranked play boyz
3-0

Ranked is interesting. It's better overall experience than what I'm used to in AP to be sure. Less...random at the moment, is how I'd put it. Decent compositions, decent decision-making. It also seems quite a bit more hectic. Like everyone is pressing. Everyone trying hard to carry their team. But it's nice in that people aren't doing shit like AFK jungling or failing to carry TP's if the enemy is diving a lane or some shit. It all just feels like every moment is an emergency rushing by and that you need to fill every unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run. I shouldn't have waited so long to jump in.
First ranked, soon ti. Why not play cm since IHL is gonna be cm errday

Red UFO

Last picker in ranked all pick adamant on going PA, even if it meant solo offlaning her.

Battlefury + 2/3rds of a BKB a at 40 minutes :facepalm:

Acinixys

That SFZ vs C9 game was amazing. Played out exactly like a pub game where you are vs Sniper

They defend their base for an hour and then you lose cause Sniper is stupid

Pratfall

does anyone know what happened on the market on march 14th that crashed the prices of a bunch of sets? For example, the harlequin set and twin blades assassin set?

kionedrik

Just tried the Shacker Soul Ring + Tranquils build for the first time, and I must say it's the most legit thing ever.

It is more expensive than Mana boots, but the hp regen plus the never ending mana pool accelerate your farm so much you end up getting your blink 5min faster than you otherwise would. I'm a fan.

Quesa

Hey! Did you play this year's year beast mode without spending any money? How'd it go?

Did you spend a bunch of cash on the year beast mode this year? How'd that go?

Post here or email me (surielvazquez (at) gmail (dot) com) so I can talk to you about it for a story I'm working on!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does anyone else feel like getting blocked by creeps has become more severe an issue since the pathfinding changes?

Hey! Did you play this year's year beast mode without spending any money? How'd it go?

Post here or email me (surielvazquez (at) gmail (dot) com) so I can talk to you about it for a story I'm working on!

I didn't waste a penny on it or got the CM arcana to boost my points, I felt the only thing needed was a good team to work with and constant communication for an easy victory (Just like for any other mode really)

Also got to meet very cool people I teamed up with, learned to play some new heroes I hadn't tried before and the 50 or so sets that it earned me weren't unwelcome either. So yeah, I sure as hell enjoyed the time spent playing year beast.

Quesa

I didn't waste a penny on it or got the CM arcana to boost my points, I felt the only thing needed was a good team to work with and constant communication for an easy victory (Just like for any other mode really)

Also got to meet very cool people I teamed up with, learned to play some new heroes I hadn't tried before and the 50 or so sets that it earned me weren't unwelcome either. So yeah, I sure as hell enjoyed the time spent playing year beast.

Cool! Did you group up with people before the match, or did you try your luck in solo queue? Where did you find people beforehand, if you did?

rac

Banned

I ddunno if this would help you at all but the first day of year beast I accidentally queued for it with a friend and didn't have fun at all.

Acinixys

I bought CM Arcana and an extra 2400 points off the market when they were really cheap so I could cheese through the event and get that golden cheep courier

The mode was terribly stupid, but getting max support and being able to constantly spam spells was hilarious.

Cool! Did you group up with people before the match, or did you try your luck in solo queue? Where did you find people beforehand, if you did?

I solo q'd a few times, but mostly played with friends in 2/3 stacks.

I actually started solo queuing at the beginning, but later on when I noticed most people I played against were in groups, I decided to go look for stacks in the in-game reddit chat and from there I gathered most of the people I played with for the rest of the event.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i just lost the most soul crushing game of dota ever

our team:
bane (me)
silencer (who built support because ofc looking at this lineup why wouldn't you)
witch doctor
dazzle
alchemist

their team:
cancer lancer
bloodseeker
keeper of the light
oracle
elder titan

i played out of my mind, i don't think i've ever played bane so well (12 - 4 - 14)

but we had absolutely no room to make any mistakes whereas they had all the room in the world. they lost teamfight after teamfight but if we lost our alchemist we had no way to punish them.

we pushed it to 66 minutes as an all-support team with minimal AOE vs a cancer lancer!

and then of course we lost.

isngAyjsXczPR.gif

i don't want to live on this planet any more

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1337867115

shira

i just lost the most soul crushing game of dota ever

our team:
bane (me)
silencer (who built support because ofc looking at this lineup why wouldn't you)
witch doctor
dazzle
alchemist

their team:
cancer lancer
bloodseeker
keeper of the light
oracle
elder titan

i played out of my mind, i don't think i've ever played bane so well (12 - 4 - 14)

but we had absolutely no room to make any mistakes whereas they had all the room in the world. they lost teamfight after teamfight but if we lost our alchemist we had no way to punish them.

we pushed it to 66 minutes as an all-support team with minimal AOE vs a cancer lancer!

and then of course we lost.

i don't want to live on this planet any more

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1337867115

Midas Alchemist with no armor items. You might have gone vlads, medallion just to keep that idiot alive.
dac15_surprise.gif

Oh and an ET on the other team
dac15_tired.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Midas Alchemist with no armor items. You might have gone vlads, medallion just to keep that idiot alive.
dac15_surprise.gif

yeah i definitely could have played it differently (and better)

but given that i've never had a good game as bane, i was already playing by far my best ever as that hero, and unorthodox item builds were at the bottom of my agenda

tbh if our silencer had built as a carry and gotten aghs (and refresher) we probably would have had a much better chance too

and of course nobody picked up any kind of detection for oracle ult or the shadow blade that kotl bought

like i wasn't really mad that we lost, just disappointed. i think that with their lineup vs our lineup, we had to play much, much better than them to be in with a chance of winning and the fact that we made it past an hour and managed to get a lane of rax down says a lot about how we were doing.

Pratfall

yeah i definitely could have played it differently (and better)

but given that i've never had a good game as bane, i was already playing by far my best ever as that hero, and unorthodox item builds were at the bottom of my agenda

tbh if our silencer had built as a carry and gotten aghs (and refresher) we probably would have had a much better chance too

and of course nobody picked up any kind of detection for oracle ult or the shadow blade that kotl bought

like i wasn't really mad that we lost, just disappointed. i think that with their lineup vs our lineup, we had to play much, much better than them to be in with a chance of winning and the fact that we made it past an hour and managed to get a lane of rax down says a lot about how we were doing.

midas alchemist with 475 gpm

crazy.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
These are my desired sniper nerfs:

-Base attack range reduced by 100 (550 to 450).
-Shrapnel charges from 3 to 1/2/3/3.

Basically makes him have 3 insanely good (but heavy scaling) skills that he wants to max first, but can't, leaving his laning/early-game vulnerable in some way (depending on what he chooses to max).

But seriously, we need a 6.83d for this cancerous abomination of a hero if 6.84 isn't soon. I've never seen the #1 first ban competitive hero also have close to a 50% pub pick rate, that is fucking double pudge's pick rate, DOUBLE FUCKING PUDGE LET THAT SINK IN. I think for the first time ever in dota history, one of the best pub heroes is pretty much the best competitive hero. SB came close, but he wasn't nearly as dominant in competitive as was sniper.

shira

"These are my desired sniper nerfs:"

Agree for the most, but I would rather he have huge attack damage and range but shit attack speed. He's a sniper, not a machine gun maniac. muh immersion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom