• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
he won the redesign contest because he was at his most popular at that time

also, "everyone" being happy with his design is like... reddit. but reddit doesnt account for most of the dota community. theyre just the loudest and most visible. valve misunderstands things like this.

Valve was suprised and asked why and what is wanted in the change from the community. Anyone who saw that post went to the dev forums or whatever and explained their reasoning. If only reddit talks to them and sends messages and posts, how is that Valves fault? The texture update is a result of that, I applaud valve for the texture update on void and not being too much(leading to GIVE OLD VOID BACK scenarios), at the same time vilifying them for taking 8 fucking months just to get something that's *its_fucking_nothing.jpg*. Even Spectres voice is just the same thing but she talks forwards...if anything Valve has learned to not have anymore votes on anything effecting the cosmetics of the game because they know they can't deliver. They had no concept art to even show because they just sat on their hands for almost a year.

shira

"no VIP"
3AruwHZ.jpg

They doing the Golden Ticket thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

non-VIP
All tickets will be general admission, which will cost $99 and give you access to all six days of the main event

Batch1
t1427475600z4.png

Batch2
t1427518800z4.png

rofl Mattborg
CAjxkwaUQAAtif1.png

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/578978166955458560

Unai

Guys, I'm 7 hours into the game, and I have only played the tutorial and against bots. I have some questions:

- I think I want to start playing as a support. I've tried the Omniknight but didn't really liked this play style. The Warlock I liked. Is there another support hero that you guys recommend for someone who is starting now? I'll probably play against mod for a couple of days more and start online.

I also played as the Snipper and I liked it, but I head it's not a good ideia to start playing as him in the beginning because latter into the game we really need to know what we are doing. Is that right?

Chris R

Guys, I'm 7 hours into the game, and I have only played the tutorial and against bots. I have some questions:

- I think I want to start playing as a support. I've tried the Omniknight but didn't really liked this play style. The Warlock I liked. Is there another support hero that you guys recommend for someone who is starting now? I'll probably play against mod for a couple of days more and start online.

I also played as the Snipper and I liked it, but I head it's not a good ideia to start playing as him in the beginning because latter into the game we really need to know what we are doing. Is that right?

Earthshaker is fun.

Omniknight can be a bit tricky for a beginner since he has mana issues and to play him effectively you need a brief understanding of all the spells in the game first.

Lich and Lion are classic heroes for beginners since all their spells are easy to use and they don't have to worry about maintaining mana. Sniper is fine if you don't mind dying a lot and learning things the hard way. If you're just starting out, it really doesn't matter who you pick. No one has any idea what they'll be doing in the late game, so you'll be in good company.

shira

Huskar is a healer
PSA: Anyone who plays Huskar is human garbage.
blush.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fucking tsunami giving away our secret tech.

Unai

Earthshaker is fun.

Omniknight can be a bit tricky for a beginner since he has mana issues and to play him effectively you need a brief understanding of all the spells in the game first.

Lich and Lion are classic heroes for beginners since all their spells are easy to use and they don't have to worry about maintaining mana. Sniper is fine if you don't mind dying a lot and learning things the hard way. If you're just starting out, it really doesn't matter who you pick. No one has any idea what they'll be doing in the late game, so you'll be in good company.

Ok, thanks!

Moppeh

Banned

I mostly play support and I learned my support role by playing a lot of Witch Doctor.

He has a disable, a heal, damage over time, and a really beastly ultimate that can wipe the enemy team if they aren't careful. He's very versatile, and simple and can teach you about timing and positioning without being very punishing. I highly recommend him.

If you need someone to show you the ropes and/or play with feel free to send me a PM.

This Rave vs NiP game is just, I don't even know.

Bristle sitting on a casual 10k gold 71 minutes in. I mean he's 6 slotted so there's nothing to buy but they still aren't going in.

And now Ember has double rapier.

Sniper is good for new players. Try Ogre if you want to play as a support. He's easy to use and he's semi tanky.

One one side:
Bristle with 11k gold, BKB, Abyssal, Refresher, Cuirass, Aegis and Heart.

One the other:
Ember with 3k gold, double BFury, Double Rapier, swapped his deso for boots.

And finally NiP wins after 77 minutes. Yeesh.

Would recommend: Shadow Shaman, Crystal Maiden, Venomancer. All very easy to play and tend to have a high game impact.

For carries, I recommend: Luna, Drow Ranger, Sniper, Wraith King. For all the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom