• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"These are my desired sniper nerfs:"

Agree for the most, but I would rather he have huge attack damage and range but shit attack speed. He's a sniper, not a machine gun maniac. muh immersion

He would still have 850 attack range, more than that hoe deserves.

Imagine if we didn't get a balance patch before TI5, I wouldn't even watch. Sniper and Axe are killing me.

We'll definitely get a balance patch before TI5, I wouldn't worry about that. The question is when, before or after TI qualis? Hoping for before as always as it gives plenty of time to work out the kinks of the new patch with a b/c version :).

We'll definitely get a balance patch before TI5, I wouldn't worry about that. The question is when, before or after TI qualis? Hoping for before as it gives plenty of time to work out the kinks of the new patch with a b/c version :).

no way we dont get a balance patch before TI5

I don't actually believe we won't get one, just imagining a worst case scenario. I really hope we get it before TI5 quals as the meta is definitely stagnating, teams are just picking the same heroes almost every game. Remember TI4 quals where teams were just copying the high level teams and spamming SD/Mirana/etc? It was still fun to watch but not because of the picks. Fucking Mirana first pick every game.

shira

Hey I made a Reddit/GAF poll:

Pick which 5 heroes you want to see get their first Immortal item for TI5

http://poll.fm/57fj7

Yo dudes and dudettes, vote on muh Internet poll so we can tell Volvo to makes the Immortals you wants.

It's so ez. Takes like 10s.

I don't actually believe we won't get one, just imagining a worst case scenario. I really hope we get it before TI5 quals as the meta is definitely stagnating, teams are just picking the same heroes almost every game. Remember TI4 quals where teams were just copying the high level teams and spamming SD/Mirana/etc? It was still fun to watch but not because of the picks. Fucking Mirana first pick every game.

That's what pros do in their spare time. Find exploits. Exploit them. If they are too good Icefrog rebalances.

Quesa

Thanks for the responses, guys! Quoting for new page.

Hey! Did you play this year's year beast mode without spending any money? How'd it go?

Did you spend a bunch of cash on the year beast mode this year? How'd that go?

Post here or email me (surielvazquez (at) gmail (dot) com) so I can talk to you about it for a story I'm working on!

Yo dudes and dudettes, vote on muh Internet poll so we can tell Volvo to makes the Immortals you wants.

It's so ez. Takes like 10s.
Picked AM, Clinkz, Lina, Magnus, TA. Based on nothing except I like those heroes and immortals would probably look cool. AM already has really cool stuff though.
That's what pros do in their spare time. Find exploits. Exploit them. If they are too good Icefrog rebalances.
I know, the point is that if there's a patch before quals those teams don't get the chance to copy popular drafts and have to come up with their own shit, which is infinitely more entertaining to see. One of the things I love most about pro Dota is seeing new unorthodox strats.

shira

I didn't pay just recycled a bunch of shit, played on Peru servers
disapprove.gif

But it was just for fun, I didn't even want the sets, just recycled them. Untradable hats are no fun.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I guess the good thing is that if nothing else Valve know that without a balance patch interest in TI5 will be lowered. They have an incentive to act because there's money in it for them.

uh yeah so I played it a lot because I had a couple weeks off work. I played it so much and still didn't get the goldhorn. This was the most insulting thing, because I couldn't really have played more without cutting into sleep. By the end I lost interest, I was playing mostly for the sets but also to ruin other people's games. I won 39 times, and lost probably 8 times. Got a lot of good sets out of it, but overall it was a bit of a waste of time. I had important life things I could have done, but neglected because I was just trapped in this routine of getting sets.

I realised the charm thing was gambling after a few tries. Recycled probably 5 charms and got 3 sets from it. I don't have a great deal of items to recycle after last year's event and the dearth of drops.
Also got to meet very cool people I teamed up with, learned to play some new heroes I hadn't tried before and the 50 or so sets that it earned me weren't unwelcome either. So yeah, I sure as hell enjoyed the time spent playing year beast.
Yeah I made a couple friends that week because I was playing the mode so much, regularly stacking up with the same chat. We don't talk that much but it's the first time I've made friends through Dota.

It also introduced me to the world of Dota 2 gift scamming, which is really lame and disheartening.

kvk1

Could be their insistence on using voip software with known DDOS vulnerabilities. That's a complete guess though. It's just something I remember Matt complaining about last year or so. EE was being really stubborn about Skype or something.

Edit: Yeah, it's the long games.

Could be their insistence on using voip software with known DDOS vulnerabilities. That's a complete guess though. It's just something I remember Matt complaining about last year or so. EE was being really stubborn about Skype or something.
It's the stupidly long games.

Quesa

uh yeah so I played it a lot because I had a couple weeks off work. I played it so much and still didn't get the goldhorn. This was the most insulting thing, because I couldn't really have played more without cutting into sleep. By the end I lost interest, I was playing mostly for the sets but also to ruin other people's games. I won 39 times, and lost probably 8 times. Got a lot of good sets out of it, but overall it was a bit of a waste of time. I had important life things I could have done, but neglected because I was just trapped in this routine of getting sets.

I realised the charm thing was gambling after a few tries. Recycled probably 5 charms and got 3 sets from it. I don't have a great deal of items to recycle after last year's event and the dearth of drops.

Yeah I made a couple friends that week because I was playing the mode so much, regularly stacking up with the same chat. We don't talk that much but it's the first time I've made friends through Dota.

It also introduced me to the world of Dota 2 gift scamming, which is really lame and disheartening.

Just so I'm clear, you didn't spend money at all?

Are EU West servers dying? I just played a match were the last half was played at 68% packet loss. It was a lot of blinking in, staring at eachother for a second, then clumsily throwing around spells.

JoeInky

Are EU West servers dying? I just played a match were the last half was played at 68% packet loss. It was a lot of blinking in, staring at eachother for a second, then clumsily throwing around spell.

Seems that way, I just had the same problem in my last game.

Speaking of long games, my last one was an hour and 18 minutes long, we lost the last team fight at our final barracks but we'd told our clinkz to go and take the throne a few minutes prioer.

I said "gg" and the enemy pudge, thinking that they'd now won was all "GG EZ WP TEAM" until suddenly we won thanks to clinkz, which made him quickly change his tone haha.

Maybe the reason for the DAC emote delay was due to voids reskin.

Yeah I wouldn't bet on it. I am curious what was necessary for Valve to consider the skin shippable, because for a stretch goal that was in the works for so long, it seemed a bit half-baked.

1. The minimap icon wasn't updated on release.
2. Backtrack's animation was bugged on release.
3. The first release hero portrait seemed to have been using an old version of the updated skin.
4. A few cosmetics seemed to have not been tested were clipping through the body on release.
5. Time Walk's icon wasn't updated, but the other 3 spells were.
6. The hero library still shows old Void.

shira

Opinions on this logo redesign? There will be a different version for dark backgrounds as well.

So this is actually the team name you are bringing to TI5 and not some stupid Puppey meme.
cBj1LTf.png

That must be confusing as shit trying to woo sponsors.

"What the team name?"

"Secret"

"Come again"

. . .

Big Dog

Opinions on this logo redesign? There will be a different version for dark backgrounds as well.

Looks cool to me! I really like the eye itself, but I'm not a huge fan of the triangle thing behind it. Stands out to me as distracting from the main part of the logo.

Chris R

Would have been nice to have a better safelane carry, but my pulling kept him close enough to the tower to get decent farm in.

Also did some sweet double pulls for a change.

edit: whats wrong with ༼ຈل͜├┬┴┬┴ for a logo?

Unai

I mostly play support and I learned my support role by playing a lot of Witch Doctor.

He has a disable, a heal, damage over time, and a really beastly ultimate that can wipe the enemy team if they aren't careful. He's very versatile, and simple and can teach you about timing and positioning without being very punishing. I highly recommend him.

If you need someone to show you the ropes and/or play with feel free to send me a PM.

Sniper is good for new players. Try Ogre if you want to play as a support. He's easy to use and he's semi tanky.

Would recommend: Shadow Shaman, Crystal Maiden, Venomancer. All very easy to play and tend to have a high game impact.

For carries, I recommend: Luna, Drow Ranger, Sniper, Wraith King. For all the same reasons.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm looking forward to start playing online.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Google was going to sue us.
Are you being serious or is that a joke? The other logo's basic shape made it much more iconic, and look good when made really small. Your current logo does not look that great when you make it a small icon like used on most sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom