• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could've easily waited for buybacks to come off cooldown, but they had too many ants in their pants.

C9 lost every team fight for the last 100 minutes of that match. By the time their buybacks came off cd, the ancient would have healed back to full, Radiant glyph would be off CD and their top melee rax would have been back to 100%.

Drawing the game out longer did not and would not benefit Dire. They couldn't get it done in 3 hours. They weren't going to get it done in 4. I think EE getting caught out simply accelerated the most likely outcome. Again, Dire had enough offense to kill Bristle OR Sniper, but not both. For C9 once EE dropped, their fight was essentially over and they melted his ass repeatedly.

patapuf

SFZ(?) had so much better teamfight that C9 couldn't possibly win a fight anymore(they lost every one), the only reason they were the ones trying to win was because SFZ already lost 2 rax and couldn't leave their base, but they were way stronger.

I think, at some point you realise this and just stop and go for game 3. I definetly wouldn't have had the patience for this.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
can anyone explain to me why OD's ult does extra if the gap between your int and their int ISN'T too big? this doesn't make sense to me.

can anyone explain to me why OD's ult does extra if the gap between your int and their int ISN'T too big? this doesn't make sense to me.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Outworld_Devourer
If the difference in intelligence is less than the threshold, the affected hero will lose 75% of their current mana. Should an enemy hero have the same or higher Intelligence than Outworld Devourer, Sanity's Eclipse will have no effect.

Intelligence Difference Threshold: 10/30/50

I don't think it does more damage though? Just the mana burn. It's a way for his ult to stay relevant even when going against heroes with high int.

I think you may have misread the tooltip. It does more damage if the INT gap is bigger, as the damage is derived from a multiple of the difference. If there is little INT difference between OD and the target (or if the enemy has more), then it does a 75% mana burn.

C9 lost every team fight for the last 100 minutes of that match. By the time their buybacks came off cd, the ancient would have healed back to full, Radiant glyph would be off CD and their top melee rax would have been back to 100%.

Drawing the game out longer did not and would not benefit Dire. They couldn't get it done in 3 hours. They weren't going to get it done in 4. I think EE getting caught out simply accelerated the most likely outcome. Again, Dire had enough offense to kill Bristle OR Sniper, but not both. For C9 once EE dropped, their fight was essentially over and they melted his ass repeatedly.

They kept trying the same strategy, though. With all the gold they had, there was so much more room for experimentation.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1335163458

Only one E-Blade and zero Halberds on C9. If the team just sacrificed all these useless Dagons and had Refresher-Disarms, Sniper, Bristle, and Shaker would have been worthless.

If that didn't work, try for 5 Necrobooks+5 Helms. Or 5 Mantas and have your entire team pretend to be a PL army.

There was a lot more room for experimentation and C9 had nothing to lose by trying.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think you may have misread the tooltip. It does more damage if the INT gap is bigger, as the damage is derived from a multiple of the difference. If there is little INT difference between OD and the target (or if the enemy has more), then it does a 75% mana burn.

that's what i mean; it does more damage if the gap is bigger but it drains mana if the gap is small. is that just to make sure it always has utility? if it doesn't deal much damage it burns mana instead?

that's what i mean; it does more damage if the gap is bigger but it drains mana if the gap is small. is that just to make sure it always has utility? if it doesn't deal much damage it burns mana instead?
yea, just to have utility. I'd be super-awful if it did nothing to enemies that had similar mana. lol

Chris R

It doesn't always work though, if the enemy has more int that OD it does NOTHING.

And then you pick up Aghs and it does the mana burn while dealing damage (great combo with mag who can hit RPs).

if they have the same or higher mana it does literally nothing though

are there any other heroes with such a ridiculous penalty for falling behind?

OD does have a skill to lessen others' int, so it's not like if the enemy int carry is more farmed he's useless. Not to mention there aren't many heroes that will end up with more int than OD over time. I don't play him though, so someone else might be able to refute me.

They kept trying the same strategy, though. With all the gold they had, there was so much more room for experimentation.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1335163458

Only one E-Blade and zero Halberds on C9. If the team just sacrificed all these useless Dagons and had Refresher-Disarms, Sniper, Bristle, and Shaker would have been worthless.

If that didn't work, try for 5 Necrobooks+5 Helms. Or 5 Mantas and have your entire team pretend to be a PL army.

There was a lot more room for experimentation and C9 had nothing to lose by trying.
I disagree a bit.

I considered mass Necros and illusions, but Sniper and Bristle had end-game items bro. That would have been a huge gold investment for what would have been little more than a mild annoyance to Bristle and Sniper. I think if C9 had any inclination that the game would last so long, they would have went with that kind of build early on. But once Sniper got his MKB and Daed and Bristle got his Heart and MKB, (~70 minutes), the mass unit strat became no longer viable.

I agree that an eblade would have been more useful on someone like Chen than that AC he bought, but he was trying to make sure he could stay in position to send people back while providing some auras so he couldn't be close enough to Sniper to halberd him. They had more than enough dagons and that strat didn't work because buying dagon means sacrificing sustained damage for burst damage.

Ultimately, I thought they tried all relevant strategies. They smoked a dozen times. They took a dozen Roshes and cheeses. They had BKBs. They tried split pushing. They tried stalling. They tried Illusion pushes. They tried heavy initiations. They tried mass disable. What they needed to be able to try was better heroes for a game that late. Unfortunately for them, that's not an option in Dota 2.

On that note, how nutty would it be if you could spend $10K and change your hero. lol

Imagine if there was a hero in this game that does damage based on how many units are close to him, and that hero was against C9.

I'm pretty sure if ES slammed 5 Necro's 3s, he'd instagib himself. Regardless, Echo's CD is longer than Necrobook and that's if the Necrobook wasn't automatically Refreshed after he slammed it.

Thanks for the info Valve:

Gl2Wmzx.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1335552778

Game was gud though, went 24-9 with Axe and won (and got the only cosmetic drop, suck it teammates). WR kept spampinging me because I 'stole' her kills with culling blade and omni gave me shit for my patented blink > bloodstone build.

Sianos

Even watching this is tiring, and I've only been watching for 15 minutes.

Edit: Do any of you use quick cast? On what heroes is it a good choice?

I use quickcast with alt as a modifier key for regular casting. I like it a lot, makes for fast reactions, precision, and easy combo performance.

Haunted

I do not understand the Faceless Void redesign facelift.

If everyone was happy with his design, how could he have possibly won the redesign contest? I'm getting some conflicting messages here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

If everyone was happy with his design, how could he have possibly won the redesign contest? I'm getting some conflicting messages here.

People didn't actually vote logically, but with their feelings.

And their feelings said they wanted a new Void.

BraXzy

I just tried Meepo for possibly the first time xD

I'm not a great micro guy so it didn't go so well. I kept messing up and fumbling with the controls. What I wanted to do was Tab to whichever Meepo I wanted at the time and press the side mouse button (F1) to go to them. But every time it goes to the main meepo. Do people like.. double click the portrait to go to it or am I missing something? Feel like a total noob again haha :D

Satch

Banned

he won the redesign contest because he was at his most popular at that time

also, "everyone" being happy with his design is like... reddit. but reddit doesnt account for most of the dota community. theyre just the loudest and most visible. valve misunderstands things like this.

-The Great Storm Escape-

A IHL Pre pre-season Story

...Luna and her darkmoon friends were trying to protect the tier 2 tower from an evil small blue fat dude and his devious allies. After killing some of the monsters wasting every ulti avaiable, they start an epic chase trying to kill Storm Spirit that, of course, always has mana to zip around and be incredible fucking annoying fuck this hero fuck him.

Guest starring: Eventide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftVcvoq5HA&feature=youtu.be

As I rounded the tier 2 after the chase I felt exhausted. I don't know how many times I thought my ult was in range but either didn't have the mana or it wasn't in range when I tried to hit him with it.

Sorry I couldn't read this post for looking at just how awful the current Zeus model is.

AsnLC2q.png

Nothing about this makes sense, GAF!

Let's run through the design elements here:

• Old man
  • Male-pattern baldness
  • 1800s muttonchops
  • 1930s german motorcycle gloves
  • jacket with the arms cut off to show off Hulk Hogan pythons
  • random-ass green gemstone on his belt, clashing with everything with no reason for its existence
  • aladdin pants
  • blue-capped boots
  • midget

Really, what went on here? How do these elements go together at all? There's styling from at least 5 completely different time periods and cultures (none of which say "Ancient Greek" or "god" to the beholder), and he has a pair of arms that don't match his "super old man" concept.

Nothing is working here. Nothing.

The last thing I want is a generic Zeus like in God of War. All this Zeus needs is a texture update.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like Zeus.

They could've very easily just reskinned Mountain King, or gave him a toga and a lightning shaped javelin, but his current design is pretty unique. Although at the moment he kind of overlaps with the redesigned Storm.

Just how good would be if Slark suddenly disappeared from the hero pool
Emoticon_happytears.gif

Zeus looks good enough, only thing that looks a bit off are his gauntlets and his texture work, just work on that and he should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom