• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played ~6 IHL games so far and it has been a blast. I'm not calibrated and generally don't know wtf I'm doing but everyone is cool and no raging. I'm also learning a bunch.

Last night our captain (shoutout to Eventide) picked Sniper/Chen into Spirit Breaker/Clinkz. I thought for sure we were toast b/c everything I watch says SB >>>> Sniper. But we ended up winning pretty handily. I believe we were using Storm as bait to keep SB off Sniper?

So anyway the moral of the story is to play IH games if you haven't yet! With all the signups we should be able to get 3+ lobbies popping off in the evenings.

That was really not my game. Been too long since I played clinkz and I couldn't go toe-to-toe with storm at all :(

rac

Banned
I've played ~6 IHL games so far and it has been a blast. I'm not calibrated and generally don't know wtf I'm doing but everyone is cool and no raging. I'm also learning a bunch.

Last night our captain (shoutout to Eventide) picked Sniper/Chen into Spirit Breaker/Clinkz. I thought for sure we were toast b/c everything I watch says SB >>>> Sniper. But we ended up winning pretty handily. I believe we were using Storm as bait to keep SB off Sniper?

So anyway the moral of the story is to play IH games if you haven't yet! With all the signups we should be able to get 3+ lobbies popping off in the evenings.

that sb probably just sucked

kvk1

“Moving from Dota 2 to CS:GO to avoid drama is like moving from CS:GO to Dota 2 because you don’t like playing against a Sniper,” said Jacob “Maelk” Toft-Andersen, former professional player and notable Tobiwan analyst. “It’s like moving from Twitch to Dailymotion because you don’t like stream lag.”

Hah.

kionedrik

hard to tell since there are multiple lobbies at different times.
when the ticket gets accepted then we should be able to see all games and stats on dotabuff.

I know that, I was just asking to compare different perspectives as I believe most people draft heroes they/their team is comfortable with, not necessarily the best ones for a given situation.

I wonder if its worth it to level up charge more then 1 point by 7. I tend to go 1-1-4-1 on SB.

Since the bash damage is based on your MS and higher charge levels increase your speed, I tend to go with it. Also the bash scaling isn't that great, so 1 value point till you max charge seems enough. Sometimes it's even worth it to max Empowering Haste second.

He hasn't? I thought him casting CS: Go was basically just that.

i'm guessing you posted before my edit, but I meant him leaving esports as a whole. Either that or he needs to make serious efforts to actually find a viewer base again. He seems to think that because he once had a viewer base he should still have one without changing anything. Seems naive at best and offensively arrogant at worst.

Since the bash damage is based on your MS and higher charge levels increase your speed, I tend to go with it. Also the bash scaling isn't that great, so 1 value point till you max charge seems enough. Sometimes it's even worth it to max Empowering Haste second.

The damage of the first bash is calculated from your actual movespeed, not your charging movespeed. The movespeed from charge has no relation to the damage of your bash.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You could also pick abby if you want to demine by face checking. Ogre is also tanky enough that he normally doesn't die from a level 1 mine trap.

kionedrik

The damage of the first bash is calculated from your actual movespeed, not your charging movespeed. The movespeed from charge has no relation to the damage of your bash.

Today I learned something. Thank you sir!

Honestly, it always seemed to me that the first bash did more damage than the others, but I've been wrong all along. Either way, maxing charge increases our MS during it and the duration of your initial stun, so I believe it's the better skill to max first in most situations.

Wok

Rampage as Silencer.

fOYTvac.png

Still lost.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit that Storm zip in VPP/Alliance just now maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen in pro Dota.

seems like a really nice pairing on paper. vision for sniper, a ton of extra damage and a nice meat shield.

Yep. They've been running it fairly regularly for the last couple of weeks. Slar gives Sniper everything he could want in a complimentary hero. Slar is also ridiculous with PA, who gets damn near 2K crits with just a bfury and phasers with amplify damage.

There is a new cancer in dota. Or should i call it dementia? People below 3K tend to forget why its called dota. They think its called Hide in the woods for an hour and hope you´ll become usefull.
Maybe there´s a new meta as well. Whoever finishes a 70 min game with ZERO TD wins,

Jesus fucking christ.

/rant.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There is a new cancer in dota. Or should i call it dementia? People below 3K tend to forget why its called dota. They think its called Hide in the woods for an hour and hope you´ll become useful.
Maybe there´s a new meta as well. Whoever finishes a 70 min game with ZERO TD wins,

Jesus fucking christ.

/rant.

i don't think this is a new meta...it's also related to the other potato mmr meta, 'most hero kills wins the game', where the aim is to chase enemy heroes around the map for 40 minutes trading kills 1 for 1 before the team with the hardest lategame carries wins.

Big Brett

There is a new cancer in dota. Or should i call it dementia? People below 3K tend to forget why its called dota. They think its called Hide in the woods for an hour and hope you´ll become usefull.

Jesus fucking christ.

/rant.

4 protect 1?

Chris R

Jesus fucking christ.

/rant.

It seems I either get a team like this, or I'll get a team who thinks a win with 4 of the other team dead has to result in rax being down at 20 minutes, and end up feeding after I spam >GET BACK after their carries respawn :\

Really wish they implemented the friend join mechanism they talked about pre launch (if only for non ranked matches). Nothing more frustrating than 40 minute game where you have the upperhand and someone dc's on your team. God damn.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the fact that dusa just turned omni to stone when he wasn't even facing her in the ih game

the broken op nature of that ult, tbqh

harSon

Banned
Sniper truly is bullshit at the moment. Bitter about dropping 600 MMR, and nursing a broken finger, I've decided to Sniper until I'm back at my old MMR. I'm 6-0 since I've made the decision...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im not in the IHL but id love to watch the stream. Im a sucker for drafts and we've got a few madden-dota guys in here.

I'm going to be busy for a while so no Dota for me until Friday sadly, will try to get as many inhouses in as possible in the weekend(starting April I will be busy again) to make sure all captains know not to pick me.

Also I love drafts, strim pls.

Chris R

We need someone to write an article with potential draft breakdowns first though. We need to know who are Clowneys and Sams are.

Sanjay

Print Screen I was so annoyed that I could never buy wards because they were always out of stock because of you, great dedication there
goodjob.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom