• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

what pair of soul crushing ih games, doing nothing but feeding and contributing jackshit

the level of play when teaming up with the really high tier guys is super fucking stressful

the wins don't even feel like wins because you're playing the game at 75% of their speed, and they're justifiably pissed off about it in the heat of the moment

i don't know. learning experience, trial by fire, etc. and all that

Kard8p3

the level of play when teaming up with the really high tier guys is super fucking stressful

the wins don't even feel like wins because you're playing the game at 75% of their speed, and they're justifiably pissed off about it in the heat of the moment

It gets better, I promise!! Just mute 109!

inkls

yeah sorry. I'll try to not be as harsh on you guys next time hue

kvk1

It gets better, I promise!! Just mute 109!

Haha. Been in 6 or 7 IHL games so far. There hasn't been a single case of legitimate BM from anyone.

Just sheer regret...like when a parent calmly lets you know you're a disappointment to them.

Which is worse.

yeah sorry. I'll try to not be as harsh on you guys next time hue

except for this prick

who deserves, like, all the strikes

Genos

Banned
Haha. Been in 6 or 7 IHL games so far. There hasn't been a single case of legitimate BM from anyone.

Just sheer regret...like when a parent calmly lets you know you're a disappointment to them.

Which is worse.
Haha I had that feeling with the void mid game..outdrafted, outplayed, IHL is gonna be so fun

Chris R

Which is worse.

I know I'm not good, that's why I didn't sign up :(

When we have IHL7 or whatever and it's the special "Trench Only" edition I might sign up

kvk1

When we have IHL7 or whatever and it's the special "Trench Only" edition I might sign up

I would highly suggest trying to sign-up and be a free agent if the opportunity is still there.

Whatever you feel your skill level maybe, I guarantee you participating in this thing will make you better at this game in some way.

Chris R

I would highly suggest trying to sign-up and be a free agent if the opportunity is still there.

Whatever you feel your skill level maybe, I guarantee you participating in this thing will make you better at this game in some way.

Nah I'm good. Plus, my Friday availability goes to shit as soon as Summer
outdoor drinking
arrives.

shira

Nah I'm good. Plus, my Friday availability goes to shit as soon as Summer
outdoor drinking
arrives.

You play dota sober?
DkX4mDw.gif

Don't think like that. It's actually a good learning experience and a lot of fun. Just be open to different styles, tips and suggestions and you will be fine. No need to wait for a trench edition and you may end up finding yourself playing better than expected.

Playing,chatting while spectating with the others in the league has been worth joining already.

I think the mix of skill levels in matches can be seen but really has made for some interesting matches.

TUSR

Banned
Okay that's good to hear

Hope it stays like that

I should expand on what I said, but at this point I don't see a need to address it further than this:

People are realizing that the difference in skill levels on GAF is quite large. And if you take a look at the MMR distribution, there will generally be at least two high 2k-low 3k players per team.

I should expand on what I said, but at this point I don't see a need to address it further than this:

People are realizing that the difference in skill levels on GAF is quite large. And if you take a look at the MMR distribution, there will generally be at least two high 2k-low 3k players per team.

I think there's a decent chance that some teams end up more stacked than others just due to how many players are (and therefore how easily it is to overlook someone who is stronger than their MMR might indicate), but generally I think this drafting method should result in relatively even teams across the board. Don't think people need to worry.

TUSR

Banned
I think there's a decent chance that some teams end up more stacked than others just due to how many players are (and therefore how easily it is to overlook someone who is stronger than their MMR might indicate), but generally I think this drafting method should result in relatively even teams across the board. Don't think people need to worry.

I've been watching a lot of IH games and there are a few people that fall into this category.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
what pair of soul crushing ih games, doing nothing but feeding and contributing jackshit *le sigh* even worse paired with C9 losing against Alliance, fucking EE disband.

Them losing streaks can hurt, but keep truckin raytow! I know a lot of the higher mmr mumble players were really impressed with your play, especially considering your mmr. You bought all the sents, wards, and gave your teammates clarities/healing--pretty much all you can ask for from a support. I know many of them would take you over a 3k support ;).

You got some work to do on your overall positioning, but hey, you keep improving by playing. I know in back in HoN ih's I got my ass handed to me by peeps that were much better, but I also improved a lot for it (when I took note of how they played vs. me and what I did wrong at the end of games).

TUSR

Banned
More than a few. I'd say probably a solid quarter of the people in the 2500-3200 bracket are better than their MMR indicates. At the very least, when given a specific role/hero and a competent team to work with, they perform better than the average 25-3200 player.

what about those 3.5k players underachieving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom