• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

It was $20 in 2012
smile.gif

Sianos

Redid some math using a higher gpm and xpm and only applying the split shot penalty on the initial illusion spawn, looks like it is more effective earlier than I thought. A more viable choice than I gave it credit for.

I meant "what item progression do you have the most success with" as more than just "give me a list of items to follow" - I was looking for what factors you first prioritize and what items you think best achieve your desired results with the tradeoffs of each choice. The general plan you aim for and the considerations you make in executing the plan to best fit the situation. I assumed that it was implicitly obvious that item builds vary on the situation and didn't frame the question to explicitly state that.

Sianos

Linkens rush is still objectively bad and going Linkens -> Manta with nothing else is far less effective than building something that grants more of the stats to actually make use of the illusions.

DrPizza

Banned
Still ain't seeing arguments from you on why manta would be good on dusa.

+10 str (=190 hp, 0.3 regen)
+10 int (=130 mana, 0.4 regen)
+26 agi (=3.64 armour, 26 attack speed, 26 damage)
+15 attack speed (for +31 total)
+10% movement speed

So let's see: it makes up for her below-average base movement speed, it gives her both HP and mana, which both increase her tankiness, it gives her more base damage and more attack speed, and it has a useful active that provides brief invulnerability, speeds up farming, and dispells certain debuffs, most importantly, silences.

Yeah, I can't see why that'd be good at all.

+10 str (=190 hp, 0.3 regen)
+10 int (=130 mana, 0.4 regen)
+26 agi (=3.64 armour, 26 attack speed, 26 damage)
+15 attack speed (for +31 total)
+10% movement speed

So let's see: it makes up for her below-average base movement speed, it gives her both HP and mana, which both increase her tankiness, it gives her more base damage and more attack speed, and it has a useful active that provides brief invulnerability, speeds up farming, and dispells certain debuffs, most importantly, silences.

Yeah, I can't see why that'd be good at all.

the stats per gold ratio is absolute garbage, yasha is far more gold effective, and it also gives the MS
the tankiness is shit for the gold it is
yes the active is sometimes good but not all the time, at all.
hardly speeds up farm
the illusions don't have mana shield so they die in two hits

Make yasha then go for actual worthy items

DrPizza

Banned
So you don't want items with trash stats.
But Manta has better stats than your beloved Yasha.

Yes 10 all stats + 16 agi is a wasted slot late game, you have to get rid of the manta in most cases

Yeah, maybe. Eventually. Once you have BoTs, Skadi, Manta, Linkens, Rapier, arbitrary sixth item (Bloodstone, second Skadi, second Rapier, MKB if necessary, Mjollnir if you're feeling saucy), it might make sense to ditch the Manta. But that's when you're in 7-slot territory, and when you're reaching that point, every item becomes disposable, even BoTs.

Kade

Greyhound busses are hell on earth

I spent two days on one once and it was the worst thing in the world

The older ones have all metal washrooms, which are terrible during the Canadian winter when the window is broken and it's driving on a major highway. One of the worst experiences of my life. Blue ones are good though.

shira

Greyhound busses are hell on earth

I spent two days on one once and it was the worst thing in the world

The older ones have all metal washrooms, which are terrible during the Canadian winter when the window is broken and it's driving on a major highway. One of the worst experiences of my life. Blue ones are good though.

I think of them as luxury city buses.

Some dude got beheaded on a greyhound in canada
Oh man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean
That is messed up the fuck up NSFW, don't read that whilst eating. RIP. Oh Sweet baby Jesus that is meesed up.

Stick to hitchhiking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom