• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get lifesteal on Medusa? I always think something like rapier and satanic = unkillable.

I almost always get lifesteal. Think killing a Medusa with a Skadi + Manta + Bfly is a tall task? Try killing one with a Daed/MKB and a Satanic. After the herculean accomplishment that is dropping her mana shield down, she'll still have another 5,000hp effective from Satanic lifesteal during the course of the fight + Satanic active.

She basically becomes Roshan but hits harder. I haven't really played Medusa in what feels like ages, but yea...Satanic was always my 4th core item purchase.

Manta -> Bfly -> Damage item of your choice -> Satanic -> Skadi -> Travels

Used to be my old build. Haven't built her like that in quite awhile. Now maybe I'd reverse the locations of Skadi and Bfly since MKB is such a common purchase after than PA arcana event. Fitting in a BKB as needed, of course (preferably not at all).

But yea, Satanic in pubs makes a lot of sense because Dom Helm still makes a lot of sense.

1.) It lets her farm the jungle without using mana shield (so she's always at 100% hp and mana if she needs to tp in for a fight),

2.) It lets her stack ancients without relying on a teammate (and you can never rely on a teammate to do that for you in pubs)

3.) It gives her added survivability in the early and midgame fights, not just thanks to the lifesteal but the big +armor buff that comes from Dom Helm. It scales well with her mana shield. Satanic is one of my favorite item purchases on Dusa.

My highest GPM games on my 2 accounts, for reference sake:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/258450546

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/229817719

Pratfall

been watching bananaslamjamma play pl on stream and he has started to get satanic instead of skadi. he says it is much better for fighting.

been watching bananaslamjamma play pl on stream and he has started to get satanic instead of skadi. he says it is much better for fighting.

whynotboth.gif

basi/aquila treads yasha diffu manta skadi satanic bfly
I think skadi first is more useful because of the slow, satanic later when you need a bit more tank and hp regen to withstand longer fights

Pratfall

whynotboth.gif

basi/aquila treads yasha diffu manta skadi satanic bfly
I think skadi first is more useful because of the slow, satanic later when you need a bit more tank and hp regen to withstand longer fights

his final 6 slots is usually bots, diffusal, butterfly, satanic, manta, abyssal. and he goes HoD early for sustain.

his final 6 slots is usually bots, diffusal, butterfly, satanic, manta, abyssal. and he goes HoD early for sustain.

So he's got absolutely no slow.
Meh I don't know, I really like skadi on melee carries just so that you don't get kited as fuck. Yeah there's abyssal but you only use that once per fight.

edit : diffusal has charges and a cooldown though, I easily run out of the 16 charges very quickly

Pratfall

So he's got absolutely no slow.
Meh I don't know, I really like skadi on melee carries just so that you don't get kited as fuck. Yeah there's abyssal but you only use that once per fight.

hes got diffusal

also doppleganger plus phantom rush is great for not getting kited.

After liking Banana's style of calmly talking through his decision-making quite a bit, I've stopped watching because he gets too salty and frustrated with his 4k/5k teammates for my liking.

That's no fun.

Totally, it is the hardest thing about watching his stream, but honestly, sing is too clowny to learn much from, merlini isnt streaming and is much more of a mid player than a 1 position player. I am trying to improve my 1 position play so he is the most analytical and informative thing out there at the moment.

Haunted

After liking Banana's style of calmly talking through his decision-making quite a bit, I've stopped watching because he gets too salty and frustrated with his 4k/5k teammates for my liking.

That's no fun.

Totally, it is the hardest thing about watching his stream, but honestly, sing is too clowny to learn much from, merlini isnt streaming and is much more of a mid player than a 1 position player. I am trying to improve my 1 position play so he is the most analytical and informative thing out there at the moment.

S4 is also great for this, but he mostly plays mid. Though he also talks about what his teammates should be doing.

That's no fun.
yeah I watched like half an hour of his stream once after all the praise he was getting here and i just didn't get it

it was just this guy getting mad without any humor attached ala sing or rtz

its not so much that he's dry... its that he's boring

Chris R

That's no fun.

The amount of sodium produced last night when he was playing a techies was legendary.

At least he built LC how I like to see it, with no blademail.

iwe6xTF.png

DUH DUH DUUHHHH

Eh, he did pretty damn good for no blademail. Had something like ~100 duel damage by 16 minutes and just kept winning when his team didn't just leave him alone.

Yes blademail isn't mandatory when you're snowballing as LC (100 damage by 16 is hardcore snowballing), but it's a very good value item in most cases (return damage is pure, MoC + PtA means you can withstand a carry with more farm than you)

Tobe

well it seems ill be traveling to TI5 alone this year, anybody wants to share a hotel room or something? might want to start doing the preparations now.

kvk1

they're literally thinking about pausing the game 30-40 minutes for xboct to drive himself to a PC cafe to resume the match

how is this still happening

general reminders

ticketmaster freaks the fuck out if you have more than one tab of it open

it might open up like a minute early be ready

have an account created with your payment info entered

a little late for this but whatever

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly they should just play all of the games in secret and then broadcast them later

the DDOS thing is insane and completely out of hand

Chris R

How did people not get tickets again? WTF

Though I had to pick "will call"... I had no option for mail delivery

edit: did anyone get an option for mail delivery? Or is everyone stuck with will call? 'murica folk only plz

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm fucking clicking this shit the same time Hylian is, I should have refreshed when he was 3 seconds ahead of me, for fucks sake.

aeolist

Banned
remember when c9 being awful was kind of a joke because most of the time they were pretty good and they just managed to throw when it really mattered?

not so much of a joke anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom