• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8tWkh6K.jpg
facepalm.gif

cry.gif
cry.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
no no, it's max 5 per account/household

A literally meaningless restriction to botters.

Whatever at least they're starting at 350 on eBay so they'll go down from here. I can afford that if I have to, and I already have hotel and flights booked.

Whatever at least they're starting at 350 on eBay so they'll go down from here. I can afford that if I have to, and I already have hotel and flights booked.

Yeah if they come down to around $200-250 ill just bite the bullet if i can't secure any from the 2nd batch

Artanisix

"Honestly though it's a 6 day event 100 dollars is a ridiculously cheap price."

Not saying I won't pay it at the end of the day. It's just incredibly frustrating to be at the ticketmaster link literally at the second the queue "opens" and having it be sold out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Eh, that's just the eBay scalpers going after people who need to book right away or have money to throw. If you look at sold, 9 tickets have been sold out of probably 4-5,000. Everyone always blows this shit out of proportion to vent.

Bilix

They should see the tickets on Steam and base priority on some algorithm based on Dota2 love. Let the fans get the tickets.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
"Honestly though it's a 6 day event 100 dollars is a ridiculously cheap price."

Not saying I won't pay it at the end of the day. It's just incredibly frustrating to be at the ticketmaster link literally at the second the queue "opens" and having it be sold out.

Oh trust me man I'm right there with you. Sat there staring at it for a long time and it was instantly gone.

Bilix

Have it read the amount of hours of Dota you've played and then give you a quiz to make. Your combined score determines your placement in the queue.

Lots of things you can take into consideration. Hours played, number of years on steam, amount of stuff purchased on the marketplace, community involvement, previous TI views/compendium ownership. Valve wants to give benefits to its fans. The International seems like a good venue to practice that.

Just a pipe dream, I know.

Chris R

I guess being an #OldMan pays off, I was up at 6:30 since that's the time I wake up every weekday :(

I'm just glad work internet wasn't dead like it was yesterday...

And
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
at C9 right now

Scalpers are the DDoS kiddies of real life events. Sure it's technically their fault for being assholes, but they're merely exploiting flaws in the system that other people neglect to address.

I wonder why more events don't tie tickets to credit card numbers or some other form of identification, though I suppose making customers hand out a massive amount of personal information isn't great either. Though it might just be how Key Arena operates and even though Valve realizes it's an obvious problem it's something that's outside of their control, which is why it's not some ridiculously convoluted thing tied to Steam like it probably otherwise would be.

bounchfx

Fair warning: $99 is the ticket price, but there's a $15 service fee, a $12 facility charge, and a $6.25 processing fee.

Kinda ridiculous how much all these extra fees are.

agreed. Ticketmaster is pretty scummy. the fees are 1/3rd of the ticket price! and it's already an expensive ticket. ugh :(

people forget that ti3 tickets were tied to accounts and sold through steam

it was also a mess because it's not like their servers are all that amazing

i dont blame them for just putting it over to ticketmaster (hell that might even be a key arena thing)

also they're in a tough spot price wise because they don't want to make the price the reason someone cant go but the lower it is the more scalpers you get

they would probably love to make it free because of the amount of money they would make on secret shop goods if those werent limited as well

Acinixys

Should be 1 per person

Any other idea is stupid

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
people forget that ti3 tickets were tied to accounts and sold through steam

it was also a mess because it's not like their servers are all that amazing

i dont blame them for just putting it over to ticketmaster (hell that might even be a key arena thing)

also they're in a tough spot price wise because they don't want to make the price the reason someone cant go but the lower it is the more scalpers you get

they would probably love to make it free because of the amount of money they would make on secret shop goods if those werent limited as well

I had to sell my TI3 ticket, and the guy tried to scam me so hard for it. First tried to get me to trade him the ticket (I had activated it though, so I was selling the physical ticket Valve let you print out), then he accepted an email of the PDF, then filed a claim that his paypal account was breached and he wanted to charge back. Luckily I have like the only case of Paypal support being helpful. I explained to them what I did, the guy at Paypal said what I needed to do was to print it out and mail a physical copy to the guy with delivery conformation to have proof that the ticket was sent and thus not resellable, and they would honor their buyer's protection. Got my money, and like 3 weeks later the letter got returned to me with it being undeliverable anyway.

Chris R

Hotel prices are much higher this year than what they were last year... at least in the place I stayed last year.

Wondering if they had to up the prices since all the other doto fans made a huge expensive mess they had to clean up ;_;

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hotel prices are much higher this year than what they were last year... at least in the place I stayed last year.

Wondering if they had to up the prices since all the other doto fans made a huge expensive mess they had to clean up ;_;

Prices seemed about the same to me, aside from the fact that it's several days longer.

bounchfx

$99 is really really cheap IMO.

That's $17 a day, people pay that much to watch a 90 minute film.

yeah I am aware of the cost to entertainment ratio of TI5, but I'm mainly comparing it to normal concert tickets ($10-$17) since that's what I'm used to. My point is that a 30%+ charge on top of the ticket itself feels incredibly unreasonable. :(

Chris R

Did you try one of those metasearch sites like expedia? Hotels always have deals.

I did but I'm still not looking super seriously, since I might not go and would rather not deal with hotel/airlines cancellations. I just need to sit down with my boss and demand a single week of vacation time :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom