• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

yeah I am aware of the cost to entertainment ratio of TI5, but I'm mainly comparing it to normal concert tickets ($10-$17) since that's what I'm used to. My point is that a 30%+ charge on top of the ticket itself feels incredibly unreasonable. :(

But you can't compare to concert tickets really. I don't imagine that many concerts are as long as a day of TI lasts. I bet the experience is much nicer and of higher quality too. It can't be anything like attending some loud and short 2 hour concert with some intros from bands no one knows.

bounchfx

But you can't compare to concert tickets really. I don't imagine that many concerts are as long as a day of TI lasts. I bet the experience is much nicer and of higher quality too. It can't be anything like attending some loud and short 2 hour concert with some intros from bands no one knows.

sorry, again, i'm not comparing the cost-to-value ratio, just the service fees attached :)
the event itself is an amazing value

cBj1LTf.png

C9 are terrible don't know how they couldn't win that game, honestly C9 might go to zero lans this summer and really don't deserve a TI invite

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
C9 is ass
Alliance is ass
Na'Vi is ass

No Euro teams left

NIP?

So C9 has a long road ahead if they want to make it to the Summit 3 finals. In fact, they have been pushed to lower bracket in almost everything outside of Star Ladder. Low bracket Summit 3, Lower Bracket in ESL, and they are looking very likely to end up in lower bracket in Dotapit since they played all their games but went 5-5.

Even in Star Ladder its isn't a sure thing they will qualify for the main event.

EE throwing a game yet again, what a surprise. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but Nightstalker building AGHS was not the brightest idea, building a 4200 gold item just for the little extra vision at night seems pretty pointless to me, specially when they have luna in their team

bounchfx

it's crazy seeing how volatile team standings change even after just a short amount of time. What's the longest any team has been consistently great?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EE throwing a game yet again, what a surprise. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but Nightstalker building AGHS was not the brightest idea, building a 4200 gold item just for the little extra vision at night seems pretty pointless to me, specially when they have luna in their team

I only caught the latter half, but nothing really looked like a throw by Envy, it looked like they were basically put in a really bad spot after losing their rax and had no real way to salvage it. They won a ton of fights, but couldn't do anything with the Gold and both teams were basically maxed out on XP.

Tieske

Neo Member
it's crazy seeing how volatile team standings change even after just a short amount of time. What's the longest any team has been consistently great?

You mean like, all time? Since I've been playing (2 years I think), I think the best example wouldve been TI3 Alliance who totally dominated for an entire patch

Im not actually sure how good their record was outside of TI3 but I reckon it was pretty good too

edit: and Na'vi of course

Na'vi were a top team from TI1 through 4 did have some low points though but always managed to perform at TI

Alliance had about a year were they were consistently great

EG have been top for about a year too now

shira

Free Tickets for Contributors to ANY Valve title

Haha, I wonder if I could go to TI5 for free with my <10% contributions on 4 year old TF2 hats.

Alliance went like 6 months without losing till TI3 finals
iG went like 4 months without losing

But you have to remember this was when there was few tournaments

What are you going to put on your badge this year?

I only caught the latter half, but nothing really looked like a throw by Envy, it looked like they were basically put in a really bad spot after losing their rax and had no real way to salvage it. They won a ton of fights, but couldn't do anything with the Gold and both teams were basically maxed out on XP.

really bad itemization, kept MoM, didn't swap out refresher, got desolator - no bash.

Abyssal or skadi and he would have been unkillable.

He had so much gold to like 20k or something

Nahaz just tweeted, it's a 30k gold throw

CBILiTHUQAAfN8d.png

Yea Euro doto has some problems right now. But we'll get another major balance patch between now and TI...and that could move things back into the favor of players and teams that are struggling right now.

C9 will be okay. But they're no Secret, who are clearly the class of Europe along with Empire. Nice to watch NIP play so well though Era makes me want to strangle him on a regular basis. They're winning matches in spite of Era, IMO.

Yeah there'll be a major patch soon enough before the TI qualifiers and then probably a smaller one after the qualifiers that TI will be played on. Outside of Secret and EG it's hard to tell how the patch will affect the teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom