• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often have 3 TPs, sometimes even 4. They're a good panic buy right before dying, gotta spend that unreliable gold.

I should use them less for mid T2 or any T3 teleporting though, I probably waste a lot on this just because I'm too lazy to walk there

Lion with blink is fun as hell.. not sure what that's about.

He's such a fun support to spank people with as they're dying.. oh here turn into a frog and while I'm at it I'll take your mana too.

patapuf

I'll give you lich and shadow demon

Lion is like....you have one combo.

He's pretty versatile imo. all his spells are good and have significant impact in teamfights, he is one of the best blink supports, he is good in lane and good at ganking.

who do you think is a fun support?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
who do you think is a fun support?

i dunno like

WW
ogre
kotl (idk people think he's boring?)
disruptor
does dark seer count? sometimes.

maybe he isn't the MOST boring support, but lion is zzzzzzzzzzzzz and you would all be agreeing w/ me if you weren't all so busy fotm picking him

[edit] he's also boring to watch

KotL is boring because he's passive and can't really gank, I like supports that have killing potential on their own. I also don't like Lion though, don't know why.

patapuf

i dunno like

WW
ogre
kotl (idk people think he's boring?)
disruptor
does dark seer count? sometimes.

maybe he isn't the MOST boring support, but lion is zzzzzzzzzzzzz and you would all be agreeing w/ me if you weren't all so busy fotm picking him

[edit] he's also boring to watch

Those are all fun, i'd just put lion right in there as well.

I think every hero gets "boring" once he's been in the meta for a while. (except invoker :p)

Lions awesome wtf you people smoking

you can just walk around and kill anyone

oh hey didn't see you there hex auto attack auto attack auto attack stun auto attack auto attack finger dead virtually any hero in the game

hes fun to gank with but also in lane because mana drain is hilarious

he's lich but taking your enemies mana instead you can spam earth spike foreverrrrr

yea the Lion hate is baffling me. Not many supports can disable 2 different heroes in a split second, then nuke for like 1000dmg on a 20-second aghs cooldown. And let's not forget one of his disables is an instant cast making him uniquely valuable for blink initiating on single targets.

ya'll trippin.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I like supports that have killing potential on their own.

and a massive aoe nuke that does like a billion damage isn't killing potential???

I'd like Jakiro if his spells didn't all take 3 years to activate.

god tell me about it

when you go for a gank in the laning phase and by the time your ice power has finished casting the game has ended, like,
8be5ead6.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yea the Lion hate is baffling me. Not many supports can disable 2 different heroes in a split second, then nuke for like 1000dmg on a 20-second aghs cooldown. And let's not forget one of his disables is an instant cast making him uniquely valuable for blink initiating on single targets.

ya'll trippin.

i mean i said he was good
just boring to play and watch

and in 6.84 after he receives a massive nerf he wont even be good

Jakiro is hardly a support, or a #4 greedy support then. Better to give him #3 priority
Don't bother with ice path early. lv 4 dual breath and liquid fire is insane in term of damage and spammability

Then you get euls and blink and it's showtime, aghs is fun situationally, hex godlike obviously. Bkb can be good late because of his cast times obviously. Veil is a good cheap replacement of hex if you don't have the gold, at least you can kill people more easily

Pratfall

lion doesnt need nerfing. he is a highly picked support because he is solid against the meta carries and is ok against axe in lane. once troll, sniper and axe get tapped down and some other supports get buffed a bit, lion will seem like he is in a very good place.

that's because this isn't league of plebians
if any heroes need nerfs :

axe lycan naga sniper troll SF storm batrider

The rest is fine. And even these would need small nerfs to make them ok (mana costs, cooldowns, durations)

yeah but none of you think any heroes need nerfs

it's all about the 'meta'

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

they usually dont

people just pick shit because its hot not necessarily because its so much better than everything else

a hero pops up because it does a job well, they train with it and against it constantly, everyone else does the same bam in the meta, thats it

other heroes could be picked but at a certain point its easier to just stay with the staples because its a known quantity at that point

there are exceptions of course and they do get nerfs

Venge and jug are fine

For sniper, just balance headshot's values. MS/AS slow from 100 to 50-65-80-95
Same for troll, change berserker's rage values, and maybe a longer CD on ult
For axe berserker's call don't pierce magic immunity and he's fine

KingKong

nerf the boring heroes, buff the fun heroes

though Im sure we'll be saying we're sick of the Kunkka and Windranger meta 4 months from now

buff encan'tress (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

buff rePugnant (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

buff Gyrocopter (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

support a fun meta today!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i lowkey want icefrog to just make big buffs and nerfs to everything that's enduringly unpopular and popular (respectively ofc) and totally shake the entire game up

DrPizza

Banned
Venge and jug are fine

For sniper, just balance headshot's values. MS/AS slow from 100 to 50-65-80-95
Same for troll, change berserker's rage values, and maybe a longer CD on ult
For axe berserker's call don't pierce magic immunity and he's fine

I think if headshot also lost its truestrike, that'd be just about fine.

For troll? Put a cooldown on his bash.

Axe, as annoying as he is, doesn't need any changes I don't think. My recollection is that his win-rate just isn't great.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think if headshot also lost its truestrike, that'd be just about fine.

For troll? Put a cooldown on his bash.

Axe, as annoying as he is, doesn't need any changes I don't think. My recollection is that his win-rate just isn't great.

axe win-rate is like 50% more or less

[edit] remember when i said shadow fiend was going to become boring from being picked so much and everyone was like, 'no way!'

well, i hate to say i told you so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom