• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

No clue if it does anything, but I made sure to report their twitter account. Maybe if it were reported enough times it will get closed like the last account. They won't do anything without a pedestal to spout their shit from.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Today I learned a valuable lesson about Dota.

The lesson is that some games of Dota you win, and some games of Dota you don't win.

Please take this wisdom with you and let it guide you to enlightenment.

I hate being matched with 4 stacks

Last game:
random gyro at the very start of picks, they pick ember into silencer last pick and tell me to go support.
I play 5 all game, do my job, zone out and crush their offlane timber so wr can freefarm, 10 mins in i'm 2-0-4 because I carry tps for dives , get yellled at for 'ks' on timber with flak cannon.

We have vision in the rigth places, I deward enemy team's shit so they don't, they go feed midgame in enemy jungle instead of pushing or farming when we are far ahead.

45 minutes in I'm vastly much more farmed than their ember and WR despite playing 5, ember still doesn't have a manta or bkb so he gets destroyeeeeddd by silencer, lion and timber every teamfight, he's building another daedalus as if that wll help.

We get teamwiped at enemy racks because ember and wr both get chronod while diving, I buyback along with our axe we teamwipe 4 of them at our base (no chrono and I'm farmed)
80sec respawn for 4 on their team and no buyback for their void.
We win , right?
NO, they come mid but see an icon under the map under one of my wards and they go chase after him... Meanwhile I'm alone at the enemy racks and have to back after their glyph before I can kill the barracks because they are about to respawn.
Void respawns at the end of their wild goose chase and kills them, we lose mid racks off it (ofc they have no buyback, why would they)

We had like 7-8 chances to take their barracks throughout mid/late game and they squander them all chasing after icons on the map, just making me feel bad I gave them vision to begin with because it only seems to distract them.

Ofc at the start they said 'we already won this ez' and continue saying that as they don't play objectives when they can.

Playing support is like playing an rts with terrible AI, you have to be very careful where you put vision because the easy bots will aggro off enemy objectives on to anything they can see on the map.

Empire losing to a team with a standin

werent people saiyng this was a top European team like a week ago

Empire is solidly Tier 2 with teams like C9, HR and NiP. Solid more often than not, but have more bad games than the T1 teams. Streaky performers. Reliably lose Bo3/Bo5 series' to T1 teams.

Tier 3 euro teams are like 4ASC, Na'Vi, Alliance.

shira

C9 wtf u supposed to choke
cBj1LTf.png

Big Dog

Just another classic case for the chapter on "I Knew They Were a 4 Stack"

TFW play first game after Spring Break and play your best in a long while, only to have a 4 stack dragging you into the dark abyss from below of low brain power. Venge wouldn't swap anything at all and Spectre had such little impact honestly. The CM was the most noticeable backup teammate I had that game. I would tell Venge after fights she could have used swap to either start a fight or save it and no one else would say anything. That was the sign they were either in their own chat or had to desire to correct their stackmate.

Gonna be playing my first Dota for more than a week in an hour or two. So good to get home.
If you are as lucky as me you will get to play with a 4 stack Kappa

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just another classic case for the chapter on "I Knew They Were a 4 Stack"

TFW play first game after Spring Break and play your best in a long while, only to have a 4 stack dragging you into the dark abyss from below of low brain power. Venge wouldn't swap anything at all and Spectre had such little impact honestly. The CM was the most noticeable backup teammate I had that game. I would tell Venge after fights she could have used swap to either start a fight or save it and no one else would say anything. That was the sign they were either in their own chat or had to desire to correct their stackmate.

More like you can't take towers with anyone except yourself after a pickoff and you are pretty fucked late game and you didn't have an MKB vs 2 BFlys, also a Manta instead of SnY for split push and Treant Ulti would have been better than SnY imo.
Either way looks like standard, do well early, can't take enough rax, lose late game. Still it's Normal so just get better and you'll be fine :)

BHK3

Banned
I may rag on the mmr system but having a ultra low unranked mmr is pretty nice, I can just play pudge and relax and it'll totally make my day better. Ranked games are just people calling each other 4k shits(literally everyones a pot calling each other black) and just nonstop rage. But I did some research and for some reason, my 2 games today the enemy team had a lot of normal skill games in their history while me and everyone else was like middle 4k-5k :/

DrPizza

Banned

Worse.

Our hard carry Riki went first item Skadi, which he farmed in... drumroll... 57 minutes.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1360290282

I had way less tower damage than normal, but I never really felt safe to push towers. Maybe I should have just gone for it, but I always felt very vulnerable; chrono, blink hoofstomp, Skywrath's silence (until I had Euls), and Fiend's Grip all seemed like scary spells that'd stop me getting off a suicide.

Acinixys

I don't know if I'm trying to hard to deny all the time or if it isn't really that important... The people I was playing my second online game surely don't like to do it.

Denying in a very very good habit to have

It denies the enemy a ton of XP and Gold. Never stop denying

Pretty clear that Sniper was smurfing though

Also next time buy some boots. :D

I hate being matched with 4 stacks

Last game:
random gyro at the very start of picks, they pick ember into silencer last pick and tell me to go support.
I play 5 all game, do my job, zone out and crush their offlane timber so wr can freefarm, 10 mins in i'm 2-0-4 because I carry tps for dives , get yellled at for 'ks' on timber with flak cannon.

We have vision in the rigth places, I deward enemy team's shit so they don't, they go feed midgame in enemy jungle instead of pushing or farming when we are far ahead.

45 minutes in I'm vastly much more farmed than their ember and WR despite playing 5, ember still doesn't have a manta or bkb so he gets destroyeeeeddd by silencer, lion and timber every teamfight, he's building another daedalus as if that wll help.

We get teamwiped at enemy racks because ember and wr both get chronod while diving, I buyback along with our axe we teamwipe 4 of them at our base (no chrono and I'm farmed)
80sec respawn for 4 on their team and no buyback for their void.
We win , right?
NO, they come mid but see an icon under the map under one of my wards and they go chase after him... Meanwhile I'm alone at the enemy racks and have to back after their glyph before I can kill the barracks because they are about to respawn.
Void respawns at the end of their wild goose chase and kills them, we lose mid racks off it (ofc they have no buyback, why would they)

We had like 7-8 chances to take their barracks throughout mid/late game and they squander them all chasing after icons on the map, just making me feel bad I gave them vision to begin with because it only seems to distract them.

Ofc at the start they said 'we already won this ez' and continue saying that as they don't play objectives when they can.

Playing support is like playing an rts with terrible AI, you have to be very careful where you put vision because the easy bots will aggro off enemy objectives on to anything they can see on the map.

"b-but the only constant is you !"
Yeah fuck 4stacks. I miss solo queue.
Even 2stacks are worse sometimes, "hey we dual roam xddd" then they're lv 5 at 20 minutes and keep dying

the longest match I've ever played, according to dotabuff; an hour and a half of my life spent wandering around the map waiting for things to happen and having to go from pos. 5 to the primary damage dealer
BsbAq.gif

we won because of techies and refresher global but I feel so guilty playing silencer, what an awful hero
BsbAq.gif

at least my teammates weren't pessimistic and whiny
BsbAq.gif

if u hate 4 stacks then play ranked its that simple.

otherwise stop crying

Ranked still has 2 and 3stacks which can be fucking awful, basically they're on skype or whatever and don't say a fucking word to you, but if anything wrong happens it's never their fault, it's your fault if you didn't cross half the map to help them in their 2v5 fight

Oh, and ranked sucks fucking balls on top of that.

Carlius

Banned
Today I learned a valuable lesson about Dota.

The lesson is that some games of Dota you win, and some games of Dota you don't win.

Please take this wisdom with you and let it guide you to enlightenment.

i take this to heart...after finally reaching 3.5k mmr, i went back down to 2.5k and now back up to 3k lol. there are just some bad weeks in dota and some good weeks, this week is going very well so far. 7 ranked matches in a row.

also he has a great aghs, don't buy anything else but phase boots then get your aghs at around 45 minutes, you should win the game ez pz when you hit that 800 AoE nuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom