• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine had that happen to them tonight during a game. Sometimes he can fix it by closing dota and opening it again but that doesn't always work.

It's happened every day consistently at least once since one of these recent patches. Very frustrating.

I'll see if there's anyone talking about it on the dev forum. Several people here experiencing it means there's a whooooole lot of people experiencing it.

DrPizza

Banned
Friend of mine had that happen to them tonight during a game. Sometimes he can fix it by closing dota and opening it again but that doesn't always work.

Same, I've had this happen a few times, so did a couple of people in the last game I played. Reconnecting fixed it.

DrPizza

Banned
Nyx applies a 100% .5 second attack/move slow upon landing his ult.

BAMN, BALANCED!

No, the issue is (at a pro level, at least), if you open with the Vendetta strike, that gives enough time to BKB dodge the stun, at which point Nyx becomes fucking useless: he just broke invis and has nothing left but his weak right clicks.

This means that pros use Vendetta to get close enough to land a stun, and they waste the Vendetta damage.

This, in turn, means that Nyx's role as an assassin is greatly compromised. The concept is fine: Vendetta hit, Stun, Mana Burn, Carapace, Dagon to blow someone up. But that gets blown out of the water when you have to open with the stun.

Adding a short stun to the Vendetta hit would solve the problem.

shira

umWQIHV.jpg

O

M

G
TadkV.gif

No, the issue is (at a pro level, at least), if you open with the Vendetta strike, that gives enough time to BKB dodge the stun, at which point Nyx becomes fucking useless: he just broke invis and has nothing left but his weak right clicks.

This means that pros use Vendetta to get close enough to land a stun, and they waste the Vendetta damage.

This, in turn, means that Nyx's role as an assassin is greatly compromised. The concept is fine: Vendetta hit, Stun, Mana Burn, Carapace, Dagon to blow someone up. But that gets blown out of the water when you have to open with the stun.

Adding a short stun to the Vendetta hit would solve the problem.

yuuup. Alternatively, make vendetta last a little while after breaking the stun by means other than a right-click. In other words, if nyx opens with a stun he still has a chance to rightclick for the vendetta damage.
This would have a similar effect of letting nyx lock down his prey without sacrificing damage.

TUSR

Banned
Matt, when you edit your official player information and it is locked because of the 2 week period between changes, you can't actually exit the menu.

Help.

What if sanic's wall of replica slowed enemies ? By let's say a good 40%
Hero feels pretty weak as is. Once vacuum and replica are out you're a melee creep pretty much, especially late

Fun pick with an axe though.

kionedrik

Hero feels pretty weak as is. Once vacuum and replica are out you're a melee creep pretty much, especially late

Don't mess with what isn't broken. The hero is perfectly fine, he just doesn't mesh well with the current meta. The hero is not supposed to be a power-house and that's why you build utility items on him. If you manage to get an image of the enemy carry via your wall, your job is done (just make sure you use it).

Regarding Nyx, he is still viable if you tweak the combo a little. Instead of Vendetta->Stun->... you can go Blink->Stun->Vendetta. It's not perfect but it's the best way to make the hero, as he currently is designed, work.
I like the idea of making it possible to use spells while in Vendetta. Maybe allow him to use 1/1/2 spells while in Vendetta without losing the +damage from his next AA.

Red UFO

I hate playing Queen of Pain. She can carry the team like, 90% of the way there but just can't manage to finish it off, so if your carry isn't too cracking you fuckin lost.

I hate playing Queen of Pain. She can carry the team like, 90% of the way there but just can't manage to finish it off, so if your carry isn't too cracking you fuckin lost.

Disagree. You get fast treads orchid to snowball early, and then you can farm more items to wreck shit. See aghs, hex, skadi, linkens, bkb, refresher, etc.

Her ult buff made her really strong at any point of the game, when she was only an early/mid game hero before.
She's even a decent comeback hero.

Any Tinker tips for someone who gets overwhelmed when a lot of Actives are in play?

Thinking Boots - Null Talisman - Boots of Travel - Soul Ring - Aghs - Dagon

Worried that when the Dagon comes into play, I'll fail to use all of that burst damage efficiently enough though, and it still doesn't address the inability to take a hero out and carry on rather than needing to go back to base for the mana after using 2 or 3 abilities.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Imo his replicas should be magic immune

DrPizza

Banned
Oh swell, Katie Kate is an April Fool's joke now. Gross. I'd almost forgotten about that whole incident and how cancerous this community is.

Katie Kate was legitimately awful. I'm sure some people like her, OK, whatever. But she didn't fit the mood of the event at all and was near universally unpopular. It was comical just how few people went to watch her. Compare to Darude, where the dance floor was packed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Katie Kate was legitimately awful. I'm sure some people like her, OK, whatever. But she didn't fit the mood of the event at all and was near universally unpopular. It was comical just how few people went to watch her. Compare to Darude, where the dance floor was packed.

Its a shame Darude waited until like 1AM to play Sandstorm, like half the people left before he got to it.

edit: C9 Victory! At least NiP has a pretty good chance of winning the redemption vote.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Oh swell, Katie Kate is an April Fool's joke now. Gross. I'd almost forgotten about that whole incident and how cancerous this community is.

Could this be more of an overreaction? Was there an actual "incident" I missed or are you actually upset that people didn't like a specific musical artist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom