• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the change to nyx's stun is lowkey trash.......they made the hero frustrating & finicky to play. they should change it back and think of a non-retarded way to balance him.

Au contraire, he's so fucking satisfying now, and you can easily detect plebs thanks to it (as well as the "arcane boots dagon rush" dudes)

Well when a nyx fails to chain carapace with his stun.. there is clearly something wrong between his ears
His stun needs a good buff to outclass lion's (for obvious reasons) but I think it's decent as is. Maybe lower mana cost and increase range

shira

Clown9 won. Wtf is going on
AU7Amsc.gif
TadkV.gif

Well when a nyx fails to chain carapace with his stun.. there is clearly something wrong between his ears
His stun needs a good buff to outclass lion's (for obvious reasons) but I think it's decent as is. Maybe lower mana cost and increase range

give ult a stun, lower range on his stun. Boom. hero's good again.

Each team trying to fall harder than the other
edit : lmao well there you go wheel just won haha
edit : oh maybe not lol

Aaaand they can't focus the throne with rapier hah

That Purge guide is huge, I like it. Would recommend newbies to give it a quick read and come back to it whenever they're confused about a specific topic. I only read about 1/4 of it though so I don't know how good it is(it's probably good). It kind of gets uninteresting fast when you already know most of the stuff it talks about.

lol my brother made Zyori rage on stream as Techies

WHAT A PLAYER

also is anyone else experiencing an issue randomly where you're hero will freeze and you can't move them at all? I had to leave an IHL match because I couldn't move my hero. The game wasn't frozen. I could hear people and they could hear me. I just couldn't move the hero.

inkls

WHAT A PLAYER

also is anyone else experiencing an issue randomly where you're hero will freeze and you can't move them at all? I had to leave an IHL match because I couldn't move my hero. The game wasn't frozen. I could hear people and they could hear me. I just couldn't move the hero.

I've had that issue with ember after going to a remnant once, thankfully the enemy team was kind enough to send their drow to gust me out of it and let me go.

TUSR

Banned
WHAT A PLAYER

this happened to me last night.

That Purge guide is huge, I like it. Would recommend newbies to give it a quick read and come back to it whenever they're confused about a specific topic. I only read about 1/4 of it though so I don't know how good it is(it's probably good). It kind of gets uninteresting fast when you already know most of the stuff it talks about.

"The Biggest Hurdle In Dota 2" is an especially important read given that even skilled players struggle with that advice

:eyes:

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
let me read that purge guide, be unable to absorb any of its lessons into my play, continue to get frustrated at my failure to improve as a player, and eventually kill myself, tbqh

inkls

let me read that purge guide, be unable to absorb any of its lessons into my play, continue to get frustrated at my failure to improve as a player, and eventually kill myself, tbqh

you learned to buy bloodstone and deny yourself! grats!

edit: i think you don't do enough introspection to notice how much progress you've made since the start

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thanks for the caster support guys I'll try to remember all of the hate when I do IHL2 casting and please no one! :CMhappy:

Casting is honestly a shit job and has tons of fucking drama so you have to have a passion to do it long enough and then not suck shit at it. Or generate a lot of value in other ways. I've thought multiple times about pro casting and pay/hours/stress/upwards mobility is honestly not worth it unless you can build a Day[9] level brand. Merlini should go down this road and I think he knows it and is finally getting to it.

SynderN is best caster. Tobi is unparalleled hype/flow/solo caster.
The biggest problem for ALL Dota casters is flow (No doubt compounded by lots of games not really mattering, bad timezones, one sided games, constant caster rotation, games happening 24/7). If you listen to ONE LCS (League) cast you'll know the difference. Granted since it's a live production and they have a giant monitor they can point, make hand potions, read body language, touch to interject, and have a stable casting roster.

#2cents
Tobi is fine but after hearing him say Teamarino Tinkerino every single time when casting them I wanted to punch him in the throat
That's their official name in game tho

Big Dog

Agreed. Nice way of putting it into words.

On a different note, I really hope each captain shows up for the IHL draft. Would suck if they forget or have something come up and aren't there to draft a team. Maybe it's not that big of a deal though? With the way MMR's were gathered and dota buffs are shown I guess it could all be sorted out by one person anyway. Only one way to find out

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why did it take so long for support morph to take off? He is doing work, wonder what the counter is (If there is one)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why did it take so long for support morph to take off? He is doing work, wonder what the counter is (If there is one)
Need a kill lane early, he can't harass well (uses half of mana pool), shit range AA, zero damage AA, bad stats.
Nuke range + Stun is amaze tho

At least that's from not having played him as support :)

JambiBum

WHAT A PLAYER

Friend of mine had that happen to them tonight during a game. Sometimes he can fix it by closing dota and opening it again but that doesn't always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom