• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

I think Valve realized that having a strong secondary market for in-game items is good in theory, but in practice it just caters to the worst types of people (gamblers, speculators, collectors).

I can't imagine them being particularly thrilled about the super strong CS:GO cosmetics market because of all the betting and collusion shenanigans.

Yeah

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a MASSIVE rework of the CS item system soon

It almost feels as if they are testing the waters with Dota to see what works before porting it over to CS

BHK3

Banned
Lol, they are sets in the same chest and mine is worth a bit more.
Except it doesnt fit necro it has awful icons and centaurs a better hero.

I'll trade you two of my sets for it.

Which ones? Edit: I saw your post, I like the pudge set but no thanks since I already have half of those items from before the item drop rework.

KREYGASM
a304df4b59.jpg
KREYGASM

domstah

Except it doesnt fit necro it has awful icons and centaurs a better hero.

Which ones? Edit: I saw your post, I like the pudge set but no thanks since I already have half of those items from before the item drop rework.

KREYGASM
a304df4b59.jpg
KREYGASM

What about the Pudge set and a Warcog set for Clockwork?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They want a secondary market to exist, otherwise they wouldn't even have the Steam marketplace.

What they don't want, however, is the runaway devaluation that happened under the old drop system. Once, you could sell your individual hats for a for a dime or a quarter. But towards the end of the old drop system, you would be picking up full sets for maybe $0.20. And these would be quality items too, not like the shoddy output that characterized the first hats in the game. Only the rare chase items had any kind of stable value.

By lowering the amount of hats entering circulation, they can keep the prices for non-chase items reasonable.

They crashed their own market with a lot of the decisions they made.

Honestly pretty much all the issues with Dota's economy started around last New Bloom with the Auspicious items that drove the price of almost everything to the ground, including previously rare items.

Also I can't believe we're now just totally ditching the crafting and gems system. I wonder if they'll even replace it with anything.

They want a secondary market to exist, otherwise they wouldn't even have the Steam marketplace.

What they don't want, however, is the runaway devaluation that happened under the old drop system. Once, you could sell your individual hats for a dime or a quarter. But towards the end of the old drop system, you would be picking up full sets for maybe $0.20. And these would be quality items too, not like the shoddy output that characterized the first hats in the game. Only the rare chase items had any kind of stable value.

By lowering the amount of hats entering circulation, they can keep the prices for non-chase items reasonable.

My compendium items are steadily increasing in price too.

Wok

Conceptor

I have not tested it yet, people who like Dotabuff Plus but don't want to pay might consider it.

https://github.com/d2rm/d2rm

And patch up!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2w8x00/dota_2_update_main_client_february_17_2015/

Finally, I have to play more for the brawl: http://youtu.be/sO_yEOBonDI
From that same thread
Irrelevant. If the ancient doesn't fall and we have at least one lane of rax, you will lose against my stack. 30k points each. We haven't lost a single game with silencer mid.

What the fuckkkkkkkkkk

BHK3

Banned
What about the Pudge set and a Warcog set for Clockwork?

I actually got the helmet for the warcog set from my last level up present, which I feel is all thats worth from that set, none of the current cogs for clockwerk look that amazing imo. I dont plan on trading it away soon so if you get other sets let me know, year beast is in 50 mins.

Tieske

Neo Member
I really hope they redo the gem for animations system somehow

The system wasn't terrible, it was just half-assed through
stat tracking i couldnt care less about tho

I cannot win a game of year beast.

1/5 at this point mostly playing with one other.

Last match had a WK go to lane without any items and then asked his lane mate for a tango.

Indignate

Finally lost a year beast making me 13-1 rip

Got stacked with Peruvians, but even with knowing Spanish I wasn't able to help them.

Razzer

Can't say I'm comfortable with the amount of essentially 'fuck peruvians' posts. Hearkening back to a time I thought these threads had moved past, and I'm not just talking about Thacker.

Indignate

Can't say I'm comfortable with the amount of essentially 'fuck peruvians' posts. Hearkening back to a time I thought these threads had moved past, and I'm not just talking about Thacker.

To clarify, I'm not saying that.

I'm actually fine with them queuing on these servers because I understand they have better ping here but to be fair that's probably only because I can actually communicate with them.

Despite that though, so far I've still gotten the same reactions that it seems other people get who don't speak Spanish and I find that funny.

It's actually been really calm for me on USE/USW since they opened the Peruvian server.

For some reason I've been getting paired with them a lot more in year beast.

Razzer

To clarify, I'm not saying that.

I'm actually fine with them queuing on these servers because I understand they have better ping here but to be fair that's probably only because I can actually communicate with them.

Despite that though, so far I've still gotten the same reactions that it seems other people get who don't speak Spanish and I find that funny.

And I think that is a sign of the part people either don't perceive or choose to ignore. The language part of this is mostly irrelevant. It's not Peruvians that ruin games, it's whiny assholes etc. Some might argue that Peruvians seem to be whiny assholes more often, but that is due to the different cultural demographics playing Dota 2. In places like Peru and Philippines most seem to agree that the playerbase is generally younger, and in fact the term 'Niños Rata' is used in Peru to describe the huge amount of whiny teenage brats that make up a large amount of Peruvian players. Now what does that remind you of... oh that's right, the stereotype of American COD players! So this problem persists across online players of all places, it just depends on what demographic plays the game in each country. Which is why I don't like people specifically name dropping Peruvians in these posts. Even if you don't consciously believe it, it reinforces a bias against Peruvians as a whole in Dota 2, which is, you know, racist. It's not a hugely harmful form of racism compared to most other forms of racism, but it's still racist. I should mention that this does not mean I am calling anyone here racist, not at all, but the ability to take a step back and try to avoid stereotypes can only be a good thing. This applies to any section of an online community, not just Peruvian Dota 2 players. I should also mention that my comment also might seem to demonize the young, as a 20 year old myself that isn't what I want, but we should still be aware that teenagers commonly have a level of immaturity that may seem annoying to older people, or rather more mature people as immaturity can certainly exist in older people too. It's the reason you don't hang out in social groups with teenagers.

TL,DR Be careful with what you say, language can be a powerful thing.

Oh and sorry to get all ranty, but the sudden number of these posts made me feel it was worth addressing.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
If I'm loading into a ranked game and I see that more than half my team is SA I will dodge because I understand that my game experience will be less enjoyable.

At this rate we should probably reopen the Dota 2 trade thread.

Why the hell is Valve so incompetent when it comes to handling their own item drops

Shinypogs

Jadehorn courier get ^-^

I have no desire for these sets that dropped from year beast if someone wants them.
Mortar forge ( clock) claimed by rhophiehalul78
Flight of the crescent moon. (luna) claimed by Darth Kupi
The world splitter ( elder titan) claimed by Blu(e)
Harbinger of the inauspicious abyss ( OD) Claimed by haz.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jadehorn courier get ^-^

I have no desire for these sets that dropped from year beast if someone wants them.
Mortar forge ( clock)
Flight of the crescent moon. (luna)
The world splitter ( elder titan)
Harbinger of the inauspicious abyss ( OD)
Trade a crap Alch set for OD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom