• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

7050.png

1. This looks terrible

2. Why CM? Literally no one on Navi has ever played CM enough to warrant their own set

Bladesrunner (Juggernaut)
Dragon's Ascension (Dragon Knight)
Ghastly Matriarch (Death Prophet)
Steam Chopper (Timbersaw)
Arms of Burning Turmoil Mythical (Chaos Knight)
The Bonehunter Set (Bloodseeker)
Shards of the Falling Comet (Morphling)
Embers of Endless Havoc (Chaos Knight)

I don't play any of these, will gift like for like

I would like to trade

Sniper's Tally Ho
or
Lion's Tools of demon Witch
or
Skywrath's Arms of Retribution

for you Jugg or DK set

Jadehorn courier get ^-^

I have no desire for these sets that dropped from year beast if someone wants them.
Mortar forge ( clock)
Flight of the crescent moon. (luna)
The world splitter ( elder titan) claimed by Blu(e)
Harbinger of the inauspicious abyss ( OD) Claimed by haz.

I would like to trade

Sniper's Tally Ho
or
Lion's Tools of demon Witch
or
Skywrath's Arms of Retribution

for you Clock set

Mohasus

What are the best sets that can drop in this event?

I got the Divine Anchor (kunkka's set) yesterday, and since then only shit dropped.

i dont think its possible to make a set + concept art that quickly

Sure. Maybe the artists were working on multiple sets for a while and decided to go with this one. Just seems too timely to put out a CM set around this time.
Or maybe it was just a coincidence. Set sucks in both cases.

inkls

Sure. Maybe the artists were working on multiple sets for a while and decided to go with this one. Just seems too timely to put out a CM set around this time.
Or maybe it was just a coincidence. Set sucks in both cases.

yeah. I'm sure it was on the shelves and the arcana was a good time window to announce it regardless of quality.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go to bed: Sing strimming
Wake up: Sing still strimming

Viper continues to be my ticket to victory in year beast ( Except of course for the game Haz watched because naturally I'd lose that one).

No trades necessary just link me to your profile so I can friend and gift you.

Could I have the luna set?

steamcommunity.com/id/restecpa/

ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽ
ヽ`ヽ`、`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽ
༼ຈ ل͜ຈ༽ノ•︻̷┻̿═━一 hoho haha shrapnelヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ•︻̷┻̿═━一 ヽ`ヽ`、
ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ

ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽ

WHAT A HERO.

What makes Viper so good for YB?

• the free move speed/attack slow
  • free spell resistance
  • can do a healthy amount of damage without a ton of farm
  • natural mek carrier in (what should be) a push/teamfight-heavy strat, which lets supports farm up their aghs or other items more quickly

and, most importantly
  • the ability to unequivocally win a lane in the first five minutes before YB spawns

viper contributes a lot if he wins his lane and the rest of the team is active in teamfights; he's dead weight if the team is disorganized and in many cases AoE/burst damage is better

Hylian7

• the free move speed/attack slow
  • free spell resistance
  • can do a healthy amount of damage without a ton of farm
  • natural mek carrier in (what should be) a push/teamfight-heavy strat, which lets supports farm up their aghs or other items more quickly

and, most importantly
  • the ability to unequivocally win a lane in the first five minutes before YB spawns

viper contributes a lot if he wins his lane and the rest of the team is active in teamfights; he's dead weight if the team is disorganized and in many cases AoE/burst damage is better

Honestly, we had one on our team and he was pretty useless actually. I think going the AoE teamfight/beast buff route is better.

Magnus is still a god at this mode.

ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽ

Is there a collection of these anywhere? I love them

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I owe my life to Arteezy. I got in a horrible car crash and i was in 6 month coma. The nurse switched to the Twitch channel to Arteezy's stream. I awoke from my coma and muted it.

ewfmiowegnmlwang;oerangh

Ok what the hell just happened my ping in Dota jumped by like 200+ for the last game and I played like rancid ass (more so than normal I mean) because of it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I never want to use reddit especially for tades and shit. I mean what does it tell you about a community when an Anbokr post about balance reaches the top?
Link!

I finally won a damn year beast.

Thank you based russian 4 stack I was with. A match full of "davai"s later I have the beautiful loading screen which is what I wanted.

What does "davai" mean anyway?

NBtoaster

Been playing a bunch of PL lately. Hero is strong but you are very likely to get axe'd on these days so he can't be relied on for free wins.

The diffusal modifier change was nice because you can just buy a morbid mask early and not a vlads which would put your diffusal timing behind and didn't benefit your illusions at all. If you don't buy lifesteal you can't sustain very well in the jungle because you get stomped and clapped too much.

Hylian7

I'm curious, what would it take to make Batrider unpickable?

Ever since a few years ago (pre-TI2 I think), when he was buffed, he has never been not a common pick in the competitive scene. Since then, he has been consistently nerfed almost every single patch, and we are talking over the course of almost 8 patches (I think?). Is it even possible to make this hero unpickable short of removing Lasso?

Ever since a few years ago (pre-TI2 I think), when he was buffed, he has never been not a common pick in the competitive scene. Since then, he has been consistently nerfed almost every single patch, and we are talking over the course of almost 8 patches (I think?). Is it even possible to make this hero unpickable short of removing Lasso?

It was never the intent to nerf him into oblivion, that's easily done by anyone. Cut Lasso duration in half, double Lasso CD, lower movespeed when lassoing, etc. The hard thing was to nerf him enough to not have him get picked in every lineup, which they succeeded in. He was a monster at TI3, destroying any lane he was in and always being useful.

Heroes like Bat and Wisp will always be viable because they bring something almost none of the other heroes can bring.

Vade

Firefly no longer goes over trees or cliffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom