• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

Hylian I'm going to post this here since I know you frequent this thread more often than the IHL one. I know people like to give you shit a lot but I wanted to give you some captain to captain advice after playing against you today.

First things first, stop playing your IHL games like you are playing solo queue. In game 1 you hardly joined your team at all until the end. There were multiple times where we killed the rest of your team while you and AM were off farming. It's fine for your AM to be off on his own because that's what they do until they are ready to join your team, but as a Puck you should be roaming with your team setting up ganks to make space for your AM. You had no impact at all that game. As the captain you need to be calling the shots and leading your team in what they should be doing instead of being off in your own world. Which brings us to game 2.

Game 2 I baited you into the Tinker pick because I knew that you would want to redeem yourself after the dig by tswift at the end of game 1. This time you didn't even draft an actual team, you just chose heroes that looked like they would work well in a solo queue game. Your team had basically no real synergy unless you tried to draft it on the fact that viper and bb should be in the front lines while you stood back and picked people off.

With that said, you played basically the entire game like you were playing solo again. Your team had a decent early game because we made some mistakes with our rotations, but you never did anything with it. You and viper just went off to farm instead of punishing us for our mistakes. Because of your early game, part of my team was tilting a little so I had to step up and reel them back in and take control. As the captain you have to be the one that keeps a level head and help your team get back into the right mindset.

If you aren't capable of being that person for your team, delegate someone else to be the leader during games like some other teams did. If you'd rather just solo queue it up then leave the league so that your team can have a captain that cares more about having fun with their team rather than their own ego.

Satch

Banned
No one wants to play cent when I suggest it for us and now I hear this get the fuck out of here

sorry it's because satch suggested it.

poor brave procarbine
bts_lina.gif

edit: wait, not jambibum reading hylian his rights

Hylian7

Hylian I'm going to post this here since I know you frequent this thread more often than the IHL one. I know people like to give you shit a lot but I wanted to give you some captain to captain advice after playing against you today.

First things first, stop playing your IHL games like you are playing solo queue. In game 1 you hardly joined your team at all until the end. There were multiple times where we killed the rest of your team while you and AM were off farming. It's fine for your AM to be off on his own because that's what they do until they are ready to join your team, but as a Puck you should be roaming with your team setting up ganks to make space for your AM. You had no impact at all that game. As the captain you need to be calling the shots and leading your team in what they should be doing instead of being off in your own world. Which brings us to game 2.

Game 2 I baited you into the Tinker pick because I knew that you would want to redeem yourself after the dig by tswift at the end of game 1. This time you didn't even draft an actual team, you just chose heroes that looked like they would work well in a solo queue game. Your team had basically no real synergy unless you tried to draft it on the fact that viper and bb should be in the front lines while you stood back and picked people off.

With that said, you played basically the entire game like you were playing solo again. Your team had a decent early game because we made some mistakes with our rotations, but you never did anything with it. You and viper just went off to farm instead of punishing us for our mistakes. Because of your early game, part of my team was tilting a little so I had to step up and reel them back in and take control. As the captain you have to be the one that keeps a level head and help your team get back into the right mindset.

If you aren't capable of being that person for your team, delegate someone else to be the leader during games like some other teams did. If you'd rather just solo queue it up then leave the league so that your team can have a captain that cares more about having fun with their team rather than their own ego.

I was going to take this post seriously and then I got to this last sentence and I see you've joined the mumblegaf elitist boys club too that just absolutely loves to hate on me.

And FYI, we had always had problems historically with our rotations in the past, so we wanted to switch up who was on carry and support in Game 2, so I had to get a carry Kade could play, we were running out of time, so Viper it was. I wasn't really comfortable with the pick either, but I'd rather have him play Viper than something he's absolutely uncomfortable with.

In game 1 there were straight up coordination problems, I tried to call shots to gank Medusa, it wasn't getting done. I had to try to do it myself, and almost had it actually.

Hylian, I honestly want you to do well at this point but I can't even touch these debates without being mad at myself for stepping in something foul. At some point you gotta just let people dig at you a bit and ignore it or just own up and be more open. Going at it over and over has got to be tiring.
sometimes I wonder what a new player thinks when they read this thread lol
Pretty sure the exact wording is "What the fuck?"

JambiBum

I was going to take this post seriously and then I got to this last sentence and I see you've joined the mumblegaf elitist boys club too that just absolutely loves to hate on me.

And FYI, we had always had problems historically with our rotations in the past, so we wanted to switch up who was on carry and support in Game 2, so I had to get a carry Kade could play, we were running out of time, so Viper it was. I wasn't really comfortable with the pick either, but I'd rather have him play Viper than something he's absolutely uncomfortable with.

In game 1 there were straight up coordination problems, I tried to call shots to gank Medusa, it wasn't getting done. I had to try to do it myself, and almost had it actually.

I wasn't hating on you with that sentence. I was being honest. If you want to take it as me hating then so be it. Stop playing solo so much and start playing games as a stack with your team so you can find out who is comfortable with what and how you mesh. You care way too much about your mmr instead of just having fun with the game. People are going to give you shit because of the way you react to things. In game two of your no tilting stream the other night you went off the deep end. Relax, brush off the shit people give you and show people that you are actually a person instead of a running joke at this point.

Big Dog

If you ever find yourself in a lobby or chat with other dota gaffers you have never spoken to, I have learned the easiest ice breaker is to bring up Hylian. Gets a good convo going and some brotherhood going real quick. :)

I wasn't hating on you with that sentence. I was being honest. If you want to take it as me hating then so be it. Stop playing solo so much and start playing games as a stack with your team so you can find out who is comfortable with what and how you mesh. You care way too much about your mmr instead of just having fun with the game. People are going to give you shit because of the way you react to things. In game two of your no tilting stream the other night you went off the deep end. Relax, brush off the shit people give you and show people that you are actually a person instead of a running joke at this point.
For the record, I'm feeling incredibly confident with my team almost entirely because we all can just hop in and not be super worried about not being on the same page or stepping on each other's toes. It's really helped us to get shit done on game day. Even if you don't stack all the time, just getting to know folks and joking about and having a good time goes a long way in making the game more fun and playing better as a team.

JambiBum

For the record, I'm feeling incredibly confident with my team almost entirely because we all can just hop in and not be super worried about not being on the same page or stepping on each other's toes. It's really helped us to get shit done on game day. Even if you don't stack all the time, just getting to know folks and joking about and having a good time goes a long way in making the game more fun and playing better as a team.

This right here is exactly what I was talking about. You don't have to stack with your team all the time, I do maybe one or two games a week with mine, but at least do it every now and then so that you can be comfortable with each other when the time comes.

Hylian7

I care about improving, playing solo does that instead of being carried by your stackmates.

I care about improving, playing solo does that instead of being carried by your stackmates.
You would be surprised how much you would learn from playing with people in a more team-oriented environment rather than solo. Remember how people were giving you shit for not understanding the support role? I promise you someone on your team does and if you foster an environment in which you can simply talk about the game with your team and exchange what you know, you'll come to understand those other roles without playing them. That'll help your ability to draft as well as your ability to kind of read your teammates and opponents mind -- in a sense -- so that you can better anticipate movements and then make your plays.

rac

Banned

I don't think thats what he was saying. Just play some games as a team and have fun, get comfortable with each other. For all I know you could have been playing with them though.

Hylian7

It's been stated multiple times in this thread that party MMR is simply a case of "how hard can you get carried by your stackmates" When I reach 4k party MMR, you all say it "doesn't count". Obviously playing in solo focuses you on your own play. That was my point with that.

For the record, our team does practice together weekly, whether scrim or TMM game.

Hylian7

Welp I tried. I'm going to go get some taco bell instead of talking to a brick wall. Bless you Fish for trying to help out.

Sorry for my shortwinded posts. I was dead and posting from the grave. Anyway, I care about MMR because MMR = winning, winning = fun, winning generally equals your own skill improving. Obviously we had problems in our lineup and play, but then you spew the bullshit that I'm "just in this IHL for my ego" or whatever, which is a fucking lie, and I realize you're just like all the other people that just sit there and find ways to troll me or hate me every day in this thread.

I am fucking sick and tired of the mob mentality that people get away with in this thread. And I'm not talking about necessarily when I make rage posts or whatever, I mean all the damn time, even when I actually am improving, it does not fucking matter.

I also think it's really scumbag that you basically admitted that Tswift taking a strike was part of your strategy, and that should be worthy of a punishment in IHL in my opinion, but that isn't up to me.

Hylian7

that's not what he said.

That is totally what he said.

Game 2 I baited you into the Tinker pick because I knew that you would want to redeem yourself after the dig by tswift at the end of game 1.

Yeah, he went into the draft knowing that was the strategy for game 2.

no i think hes saying he took advantage of ur personality.

And took advantage of his teammate willing to take a strike.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

no. he said that he knew that after tswift's dig you'd want to pick tinker. he didn't say that he made tswift rile you up on purpose.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
legit i'm going to be honest, playing in a group is the best way to improve as a player--especially if you're all friends and point out each other's mistakes. i was a shitty ass 1500 hon player (aka 2k player) until i started stacking with gaffers, getting smashed by people that were much better than me in inhouses, and watching replays.

dude please. How many time do we have to go through this crap?

blah blah hylian stop strawmanning and being oversensitive blah blah

we've done this. Aren't you tired of it?

Mordeccai

I am still laughing hours later today thinking about the entire team in skype saying that QoP unit was an illusion, multiple times, and then I tp in late to the fight and lina ulti the shit out of the illusion, which immediately garners a "report pls" from fish in all chat.

I like our team because doto is fun when we're stacked, we dont have any flame issues or anything and it's great. And the fact that we can all laugh at each other fucking up, while remaining srs and pulling our shit together when we have to, it's good stuff.

also clock best hero in game, 4 vs 5 into sniper picker, no problem

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1426946012

also very obvious this team was normal skill, my ranked MMR is 3k but I have been in very high skill unranked matches lately. our CM was a professional R pusher as well.

I am still laughing hours later today thinking about the entire team in skype saying that QoP unit was an illusion, multiple times, and then I tp in late to the fight and lina ulti the shit out of the illusion, which immediately garners a "report pls" from fish in all chat.

I like our team because doto is fun when we're stacked, we dont have any flame issues or anything and it's great. And the fact that we can all laugh at each other fucking up, while remaining srs and pulling our shit together when we have to, it's good stuff.

also clock best hero in game, 4 vs 5 into sniper picker, no problem

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1426946012

also very obvious this team was normal skill, my ranked MMR is 3k but I have been in very high skill unranked matches lately. our CM was a professional R pusher as well.
This is the highest quality post on the page.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah, he still used that to his advantage, that's part of a strategy, whether it was his idea or not.
????

Taking advantage of knowing that your pride is damaged is not the same as intentionally flaming you in order to get the advantage. Nothing jambibum said implied that the latter had happened

DrPizza

Banned
Yeah, but his attack speed is shit. And there's no good attk spd items he could get that synergies well, whereas Silencer can get an orchid

Orchid is good on OD too; it has a fair chunk of int.

Though it's still going to be a struggle to match Silencer's "better agi gain than most agi carries" ridiculous stats.

Hylian7

????

Taking advantage of knowing that your pride is damaged is not the same as intentionally flaming you in order to get the advantage. Nothing jambibum said implied that the latter had happened

If he had said "Well I know you didn't do well so you wanted to redeem yourself" that would have been one thing.

He specifically mentioned the sacrifice of the strike though, and used that to an advantage.

JambiBum

no. he said that he knew that after tswift's dig you'd want to pick tinker. he didn't say that he made tswift rile you up on purpose.

This and what Kard said. Swift's dig at you was of his own will. You reacted the way I thought you would after he said it and I drafted around that. If you think that's not right or unfair then maybe you shouldn't give people an advantage like that.

As far as your other post goes, I said if you care more about your ego you should leave, not that you do. I made my initial post to try to help you improve as a captain, not to shit on you. You took it that way because any time someone tries to give you constructive criticism you can't handle it. You're stuck in your ways and I made a mistake trying to help you out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom