• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

6.84 test and main client patch + compendiums
Next week could be anytime from now to
t1430636400z4.png

$87k RedBull SF May 5-10 Q: MY, iG, Secret, HR, +1
t1430856000z4.png

$260k TS3 LA May 13-17 Q: VG, Rave, Secret, C9, NoT, LGD, iG, EG
t1431536400z1.png

$410k, i-League 3 May 19-24 Q: LGD, Tinker, MY, [A], +4
t1432058400z1.png

TI5 Qualifiers: last week of May

$98k, MLG2: Austin Jun 4-7 Q: Empire, EG +6
$322k MarsTV Shanghai June 3-7 Q: LGD +7
t1433437200z1.png

$100k, DL Jonkoping Jun 13-16 Q: +6
t1434214800z1.png

$250k, ESL-ONE Frankfurt Jun 20-21 Qualified: EG, VG, Secret, VP, [A], +3
t1434819600z1.png

$89k, WCA Qualifier Jul 4-6 Q: +4
t1435932000z1.png

IHL2 Grand Final Jul 17-19 Q: +2
t1437163200z4.png

TI5 Jul 28- Aug 8 Q: EG, VG, Secret, iG, Newbee +15
t1438106400z4.png

I hope Secret prefers some nice US hospitality in Silicon Valley.

shira

I killed twsift once and instant allchat bm. You gotta get under their skin first. EE has such a huge psychological advantage despite the yellow card.

sick.gif
vs
D2lF5Cq.gif

booo, no pooja mid

Sianos

As a general question, what is the best way to minimize the impact Techies has on your farming speed? Early on I try to set off mines with illusions or helm creeps if I have them, but this still delays the stacking process quite a bit and makes for a rough game if the lane goes poorly and I don't have great bomb disposal tools.

Accidentally canceling a teleport is the worst...Tell me this happens to everyone occasionally.

Are TPs at random times? Sometimes it seems longer than others.

Kalnos

Banned
Accidentally canceling a teleport is the worst...Tell me this happens to everyone occasionally.

There's an option that will prevent you from canceling it and the time is based on how many people have tp'd to that same location recently.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

TPs to buildings take longer if multiple people teleport to the same place in a short time. 3 seconds for the first, then 5, 6, 7, ect for each after.

Saprol

mine hasnt updated yet
cry.gif
I don't see a setting anywhere so I guess it's just based on whenever your browser checks for updates to the rest of your addons.
dac15_sad.gif

Delay: 3 (5/5.5/6/6.5 for 1/2/3/4 recent allied teleports)

If someone recently TP'd to the same building that you're TPing to (besides the fountain) in the last 25 seconds, the channel takes 3/5/5.5/6/6.5s per person.

manfestival

B0B9fWF.png

Friendly reminder as soon as the compendium hits every other item will drop in value.

Shown here in the arrow is the lowest price of treasue keys on Surprise May 6th, when the TI4 compendium dropped. Sold my last keys today. Might want to start selling your excess winnings.

I also heard something about $12-20 USD compendiums instead of $10.

I really hope that is just a rumor and not real about the compendium pricing

Thanks for the info on teleports. I was rushing to cast a spell once I hit the tower but my timing was off, due to everyone else going to that location as well.

There is an option to prevent the teleport from canceling? I've never seen this.

DrPizza

Banned
If someone recently TP'd to the same building that you're TPing to (besides the fountain) in the last 25 seconds, the channel takes 3/5/5.5/6/6.5s per person.

But the AOE was never adjusted when they changed the TP range, so you can actually get two 3 second TPs to the same tower if you do it at the extreme edges.

Also, BoT TPs are always 3 second.

Big Dog

According to Dota Buff I played my first solo queue High Skill game yesterday. Was easily the furthest thing from High Skill I had felt in a long while. Can't wait until the patch comes out so I can go 14-0 right off the bat like 6.83...

Mordeccai

There's an option that will prevent you from canceling it and the time is based on how many people have tp'd to that same location recently.

yes I turned this shit a few months ago, and my god, it's been a life saver. When you have this checked only a stop command will break the TP.

it has saved me many grey hairs. shame it took me 1.5k hours to actually turn it on.

stealth edit fuck me I thought 1.5k sounded bad, but then I checked actual time played, 2176 hours. granted a good ~150-200 are probably idle time.

legit this game ruined my senior year of college, and I even left uni without graduating. failed my 7th semester hard bcuz I'd literally spend 16 hours str8 on doto, and then ability draft came out and WHOOO BOY.

I have a decent job in spite of all this shit but damn. what a time sink. fuck me

rexor0717

So why is OD out of favor right now? Hero was pretty popular for a while, but that was around a year ago. Rarely ever see him now, even in pubs.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So why is OD out of favor right now? Hero was pretty popular for a while, but that was around a year ago. Rarely ever see him now, even in pubs.

Int carries don't do well against all this physical damage that's popular right now. Plus he doesn't really have a good steroid skill that scales into late game.

DrPizza

Banned
Int carries don't do well against all this physical damage that's popular right now. Plus he doesn't really have a good steroid skill that scales into late game.

I don't know, 200+ pure with every hit is never going to be bad. But Silencer can do the same, and has greater utility in general.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't know, 200+ pure with every hit is never going to be bad. But Silencer can do the same, and has greater utility in general.

Yeah, but his attack speed is shit. And there's no good attk spd items he could get that synergies well, whereas Silencer can get an orchid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom