• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

They chose not to attend, I don't recall their reasons though.

Maybe we will get more insight once Jacky writes up his blog (or Matt decides reddit doesn't hate him enough yet). Outside of the times being horrible for me as an American viewer, I didn't notice anything too off.

EG is merging with JoinDota

Cloud9 wants to be 2nd so they are merging with BTS

bounchfx

Most likely the Source 2 update. If it's not this one then I doubt we get it until after TI.

the only reason I assume it might be directly after TI is because they've told workshoppers not to do anything with Particles/they won't be accepted until September at the earilest.

Hylian7

hylian girl enough with the euls, let it go

you didnt even try to rat, you only have 292 tower damage

Why is Euls suddenly bad when people were telling me I should get it more on Storm?

Yeah, I was afraid to approach towers, it was extremely hard to.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
the only reason I assume it might be directly after TI is because they've told workshoppers not to do anything with Particles/they won't be accepted until September at the earilest.

Well that certainly does seem to indicate that haha

Moppeh

Banned
Why is Euls suddenly bad when people were telling me I should get it more on Storm?

Yeah, I was afraid to approach towers, it was extremely hard to.

Well, I don't play Storm but my friend does. And he usually gets an Orchid before he even thinks about Euls.

Euls is a decent pick up, but there are better Storm items to get first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eul's is a way to deal with Silences on storm IMO. They don't have any Silences.

Also, watching the replay a bit, you would have seen that second gank attempt coming if you were paying more attention, but you didn't bother to check what the 4 minute rune was (Invis), or pay attention or care that Troll was lurking on your high ground in vision of a ward. Watching in player perspective, you just look super tunneled visioned.

Hylian7

All good points. In this last game I just felt useless in fights, maybe the Euls contributed to that? I felt like I needed it for survivability against all that. I farmed decently still, but wasn't enough.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hylian has literally no clue how to play Dota guys, be nice.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
????

I'm actually observing my own play more like you guys have been saying and asking for advice on specifics. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

That's fine, but sometimes when you look at a game and see you have a support duo feeding 30 kills and itemizing poorly do you really need to know where you messed up? Just blame the feeders man. You can't win em all.

Hylian7

That's fine, but sometimes when you look at a game and see you have a support duo feeding 30 kills and itemizing poorly do you really need to know where you messed up? Just blame the feeders man. You can't win em all.

I won a game from worse last night. I thought it might have been doable.

Sounds like a good way to never improve as a player. What's the point of blaming your team?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I wonder how they will handle New versions with 4 key tournaments a year. Maybe source 2 will make it easier to support multiple versions and you have a version select (which may be needed for mods too, to prevent them from breaking each update)

Think it just formalizes the patch cycle. One major patch after every tournament, with potential b/c versions in between.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sounds like a good way to never improve as a player. What's the point of blaming your team?
On the one hand, the team fed a ton early. But I think all of the first 3 of Hylians deaths were avoidable, first with better positioning, second by having better map since, and the third by being less greedy farming with low mana.

docbon

1qMy5xh.png

i get way too nervous playing these league games. gotta step my game up.

Hylian7

On the one hand, the team fed a ton early. But I think all of the first 3 of Hylians deaths were avoidable, first with better positioning, second by having better map since, and the third by being less greedy farming with low mana.

Of course, and I acknowledge those mistakes, but I was asking for a general strategy vs deathball.

Satch

Banned
hylian u need to make better itemization decisions imo... iirc we had to talk you out of buying euls against a team with no silences last night too

and then you say "well ____ said it was good" but u dont take into consideration what makes the item good in some situations. u just buy it cuz you read the words "good" and work it into your item build

like aghs tinker last night... sister are you high? love yourself

I'm just talking in general, I don't find it interesting who lost me the game, only thing interesting is what I did wrong and what I should have done instead.

Of course there's still the rare game in which you couldn't have realistically done better.

Hylian7

hylian u need to make better itemization decisions imo... iirc we had to talk you out of buying euls against a team with no silences last night too

and then you say "well ____ said it was good" but u dont take into consideration what makes the item good in some situations. u just buy it cuz you read the words "good" and work it into your item build

like aghs tinker last night... sister are you high? love yourself

Yeah, you make a good point.

Still disagree on Aghs Tinker though. It is totally good in some situations.

Satch

Banned
no, it was bad last night

4200 gold to launch more rockets, and you got swapped in by venge so her teammates could blow you up! but i guess it got you a kill when you were sitting in ur fountain and getting dived by the enemy team. slay a bit sis!

Hylian7

no, it was bad last night

4200 gold to launch more rockets, and you got swapped in by venge so her teammates could blow you up! but i guess it got you a kill when you were sitting in ur fountain and getting dived by the enemy team. slay a bit sis!

Which is exactly why I needed to stay back and launch rockets, which would have been the point of the Aghs.

Wok

Just another proof that MMR has no meaning if it is not tied to a hero.

7tC0WYr.png

As an Invoker player, I am more like 2K. As any other hero, I can maintain 50% winrate at 2.5K. As a Riki, Medusa, Phantom Assassin, Slark player, I can farm MMR up to at least high skill bracket (I did it once).

The way Dotabuff does the hero ranking is a lot more relevant. Or similarly the in-game "hero performance" on the player profile. MMR just does not mean anything unless you are spamming the same hero again and again.

NJ3xtxO.png

shira

B0B9fWF.png

Friendly reminder as soon as the compendium hits every other item will drop in value.

Shown here in the arrow is the lowest price of treasue keys on Surprise May 6th, when the TI4 compendium dropped. Sold my last keys today. Might want to start selling your excess winnings.

I also heard something about $12-20 USD compendiums instead of $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom