• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anilusion

PYVzojV.jpg

Volvo pls

I can't think of any good justification for why those caster emotes would be accepted into the game.
Part of the reasoning of having hats in dota is for the personalities surrounding the game able to make money off it.

By the communities for the communities. I think it's fair.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Part of the reasoning of having hats in dota is for the personalities surrounding the game able to make money off it.

By the communities for the communities. I think it's fair.

It's not that I mind specifically it's just the wild inconsistency in Valve's content policies that confuses me.

Zeknurn

If someone ever says that Dota 2 is a team game call them out for being a liar. It's a game where you play alone against 9 enemies.

shira

This might be a long shot, but would anybody be interested in trading their Exalted SF Arcana for my Non-exalted one (plus some extras if needed)?

This is quite a good deal for anyone interested. The Non-Exalted will be bettable on dota2lounge, while the exalted has a slightly higher steam community price potential.

Just got these today and really liking them so far. Not sure if my model has the fancy lights or not yet. Apparently it requires the steel series engine 3 program to enable it and to do some audio customization.

dose are no good, too heavy - after like an hour too hot and your neck will get sore

That's an idea. Queueing Year Beast should automatically set you to low priority

Low Prio games are worse than before. Everyone feeds intentionally so they can finish the 5 all random matches as fast as possible. Every game has players proposing someone feed so they can push mid and end.

My first 4 matches ended up being legit anyway but the last 1 was pure "kill me, then push mid".

dose are no good, too heavy - after like an hour too hot and your neck will get sore

I have been wearing them all day for like 9 hours no issues. Granted the model I have turned out to be a bit slightly different than the one in the picture (pic had "RAW prism" mine is just "RAW", no lights and no USB cable) and the ear cushioning seems smaller too.

Its weird that they don't have my model listed on the site :/

Acinixys

Wtf is up with Winter Wyvern? I've noticed multiple times instances where I will be playing against it and the character model is under the floor/invisible for a few seconds. I was ganked at one point and didntt even see Wyvern till I clicked on it and highlighted where the hero should be. I'll see if it shows up in replays.

I cant comment on this but I know for a fact that if you use -enable_addons with certain mods Arcanas and new heroes do not show up on the minimap

Its a very stupid and annoying bug that I havent been able to fix

So I just suck it up and play without mods

shira

I can't think of any good justification for why those caster emotes would be accepted into the game.

My problem with them is that they don't display an emotion or seem useful in conversation. At least the horse one is smiling. The Merlini one maybe for Zeus ult, but these were like pro Polish artists that did them and I don't think the message was conveyed to them that they were supposed to be emoiticons or used as reaction phrases.

The Godz one is incredibly well done, but it means nothing.
sleeping.gif

shira has weak neck confirmed

Speakers, just like da pros
tumblr_inline_mlmek8rhUh1qz4rgp.jpg

Tieske

Neo Member
Wtf is up with Winter Wyvern? I've noticed multiple times instances where I will be playing against it and the character model is under the floor/invisible for a few seconds. I was ganked at one point and didntt even see Wyvern till I clicked on it and highlighted where the hero should be. I'll see if it shows up in replays.

Happens with buttrider too, so probably has to do with flying units

Starladder ded

Wok

I fucking hate Dota.

Just played a 100 minute match, in which our Ember was not 6 slotted. Even half of the supports in the game were 6 slotted. Like, how is that even possible....

Die often, lose lots of gold.

Supports push all the lanes, farm is harder to find (maybe not with Ember though).

With heroes other than Ember Spirit, I can have lots of trouble finding good early farm and farming patterns for the rest of the game. Heroes such as Riki and Undying for instance.

inkls

Die often, lose lots of gold.

Supports push all the lanes, farm is harder to find (maybe not with Ember though).

With heroes other than Ember Spirit, I can have lots of trouble finding good early farm and farming patterns for the rest of the game. Heroes such as Riki and Undying for instance.

When you have your battlefury as ember, you should not be struggling with farm tbh. Dude sounds like he died every teamfight or something.

J2d

beast coming up and I had two wins today so I feel certain it's gonna be a loss, it's pretty much over by the time the picks are done though.

KingKong

My problem with them is that they don't display an emotion or seem useful in conversation. At least the horse one is smiling. The Merlini one maybe for Zeus ult, but these were like pro Polish artists that did them and I don't think the message was conveyed to them that they were supposed to be emoiticons or used as reaction phrases.

The Godz one is incredibly well done, but it means nothing.
sleeping.gif

Speakers, just like da pros
tumblr_inline_mlmek8rhUh1qz4rgp.jpg

I didnt know Michael Cera played Dota

JC Sera

yes please
good cause I need one too //hugs
dac15_sad.gif

dota needs a shitty hug emoticon

Sniper up to #1 Most Played Heroes and 55% winrate holy shit

http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/played?date=week

Also, nodody plays Pudge anymore. Hero is so ass that people have actually stopped picking him apparently.
He's still pretty popular on AUS servers, see him twice as much as rikki

I prefer a pudge to certain other mids in my games mainly cause anyone who plays SF at my level is either an asshole or not very good. Or both.
However pudges roam and gank and the really smart ones buy their own wards to set up kills! Also Pudge is just kinda a fun hero.
Like techies

Also, nodody plays Pudge anymore. Hero is so ass that people have actually stopped picking him apparently.
that attack speed slow. it's too good. But I think the issue is the meta more than the hero's changes.

He's hella strong against the current blink meta by design. He can hang waaaay the hell back out of sight, then take 3 steps forward and be in the fight. You can't really blink on sniper without blinking into or past the entire enemy front line. Rarely is that a viable option. And so you need heroes like Riki, Spirit Breaker, Clinkz, Storm, or a fed BH who can sneak back there or close quickly and do a lot of damage without having to stand there and autoattack (because Sniper will win a lot of those). Maybe a blink Huskar could work? IDK. But in reality, none of those heroes except SS are very popular at all right now so Sniper largely gets free reign to do what he wants. Until his natural counters come back into some measure of popularity, he'll continue to get away with murder.

year beast fucks all these stats up

I've won 11 straight with that hero. He's pretty good in this meta.

FACE

Banned

I think his win rate increased partially due to year beast mode.

Incoming hylian post about Pudge.

that attack speed slow. it's too good. But I think the issue is the meta more than the hero's changes.

He's hella strong against the current blink meta by design. He can hang waaaay the hell back out of sight, then take 3 steps forward and be in the fight. You can't really blink on sniper without blinking into or past the entire enemy front line. Rarely is that a viable option. And so you need heroes like Riki, Spirit Breaker, Clinkz, Storm, or a fed BH who can sneak back there or close quickly and do a lot of damage without having to stand there and autoattack (because Sniper will win a lot of those). Maybe a blink Huskar could work? IDK. But in reality, none of those heroes except SS are very popular at all right now so Sniper largely gets free reign to do what he wants. Until his natural counters come back into some measure of popularity, he'll continue to get away with murder.

I've won 11 straight with that hero. He's pretty good in this meta.

Skadi not even top 10 most built items on him, what are those sniper pickers doing?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

It's entirely the new shrapnel. Sniper has always been a good laner and a great damage dealer; he could dominate mid cs but he never really got kills unless the enemy misplayed and over-committed. New shrapnel makes it so much easier to get a ton of early kills by his initiative, and in teamfights it is simply impossible to run from him now, and equally impossible for most heroes to chase him down without a BKB, but even then it's difficult when he has mom + yasha (there are of course, always exceptions--i.e. lycan, clockwerk).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom