• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohasus

I fucking hate Dota.

Just played a 100 minute match, in which our Ember was not 6 slotted. Even half of the supports in the game were 6 slotted. Like, how is that even possible....

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1262022138

I just lost this game (5v4) because terrorblade didn't want to farm. As soon as QoP disconnected he wanted to push (even though he had no items), kept dying and blaming our team.

Blademail agaisnt repelled sniper, genius.

edit: 47% winrate, 141 wins. Thanks icefrog and your wonderful matchmaking.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
GAF we have a responsibility. We need to rescue Visage from being the least played hero in Dota. Please help me.

JC Sera

GAF we have a responsibility. We need to rescue Visage from being the least played hero in Dota. Please help me.
I think Alchemist is a much more sad case
hide.gif
grave.gif

Hylian7

Sniper up to #1 Most Played Heroes and 55% winrate holy shit

http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/played?date=week

Also, nodody plays Pudge anymore. Hero is so ass that people have actually stopped picking him apparently.

I think his win rate increased partially due to year beast mode.

Incoming hylian post about Pudge.

Skadi not even top 10 most built items on him, what are those sniper pickers doing?
You rang?

Pudge has actually been consistently buffed over the last few patches, 1000 range hook level 1 and hook damage going through BKB now are pretty damn nice. I should actually start picking him more vs Jugg, since that pure damage will tear him apart.

You rang?

Pudge has actually been consistently buffed over the last few patches, 1000 range hook level 1 and hook damage going through BKB now are pretty damn nice. I should actually start picking him more vs Jugg, since that pure damage will tear him apart.

hook ministun going through bkb-> first pick/ban material

icefrog pm me for my bank account

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think Alchemist is a much more sad case
hide.gif
grave.gif

The difference is, Alchemist is in a terrible place right now as a hero. He doesn't deserve to be picked. He doesn't deserve to win games. Visage is one of the most powerful and versatile heroes in the pool but nobody picks him and nobody knows how to use him and it's a shame.

Looking at my Visage matches, I have not played him in far too long, making me a part of the problem. We need to fix this people. Please.

BeesEight

I tried the year beast once and no one on my team had a damn clue what was going on. I don't know how you control the beast and ours just sort of charged down whatever lane it spawned in. I'm sure our opponents appreciated the free hats.

Thanks for the info the horse. I try to catch Sunsfans casts as much as I can, I don't know how I missed that.

The difference is, Alchemist is in a terrible place right now as a hero. He doesn't deserve to be picked. He doesn't deserve to win games. Visage is one of the most powerful and versatile heroes in the pool but nobody picks him and nobody knows how to use him and it's a shame.
Oh I know it's a good hero, I'm just terrified of playing as him. I'm okay with playing heroes like Chen or Enigma because mismicroing doesn't cost you that much, but my micro is too awful to be able to keep track of my birds all the time and keep spamming spells as well AND have good positioning because I die easily. I played him once and won but have no urge to play again.

rexor0717

I usually tear up with Visage in the first 15 minutes, but maybe I'm not itemizing him right because it rarely turns to wins.
Friends. I need a list of heroes for a new player to absolutely avoid at all costs.

You can try the limited heroes mode if you're just getting started. Don't know how long it'll take to find a game though.

Anilusion

Friends. I need a list of heroes for a new player to absolutely avoid at all costs.

Strength: Earth Spirit (complicated mechanics)

Agility: Lone Druid (controling 2 units at once), Shadow Fiend (super easy to kill, requires good positioning to hit spells), Meepo (controlling 5 units at once)

Intelligence: Storm Spirit (requires a lot of mana management and timing), Tinker (requires fast fingers), Chen (controlling many units at once), Invoker (10 spells), Visage (controlling 3-4 units at once)

JC Sera

Depends if your worried about them fucking up your game or fucking up then being scared off
Heres a very conservative list
Earthshaker, Kunkka, Wisp, Elder Titan, Timbersaw, Tusk, Earth Spirit, Phoenix, Pudge, Undying, Morphling, Templar, Lone Druid, Faceless Void, Weaver, Meepo, Storm Spirit, Tinker, Enchantress, Chen, Disruptor, Oracle, Techies, Bane, Puck, QoP, Invoker, Shadow Demon, Visage.

Bold for extra nope.
facepalm.gif

Main things that are bad for noobs over all
  • micro intensive heroes (e.g. Meepo, Lone Druid, Chen)
  • heroes that can fuck over teammates with their abilities (e.g. Tusk, Void, Disruptor, Earthshaker)
  • Heroes With very niche skills and you need to combo their abilities in different ways to get the most out of them (e.g. Invoker, Oracle, Earth spirit)
  • High skill floor heroes in general (e.g. Storm spirit, Wisp, Puck)
  • Heroes which suffer so much burden of knowledge attached to their skills (e.g. Shadow Demon, Undying, Oracle)

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Hero_Difficulty
this was also pretty helpful when I was starting out

LiQuid!

None. Have new players hit the random button every game like they got a pair of nuts, lose miserably and then go read up/watch what the hero they just make look so pathetic is supposed to be able to do so they won't be such a damned loser the next time they random it. This is how I learned Dota and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Some of the guys I know that started after me cut their teeth by spamming 3-4 "noob friendly" heroes and they all still suck at the game and actively avoid playing any hero that requires a modicum of skill. Trial by fire is the only way.

Big Dog

Just played a round of Single Draft and for all of Tiny's level 2 Grow I couldn't even see him... The only way to know he was there was because he already had his Agh's tree. It just floated there.

Edit: Oh and I just learned that replays are broken or something. Fuck that shit. Now I can't look at my recent old games and surely it won't be fixed before the games I want are too old to download.

JC Sera

None. Have new players hit the random button every game like they got a pair of nuts, lose miserably and then go read up/watch what the hero they just make look so pathetic is supposed to be able to do so they won't be such a damned loser the next time they random it. This is how I learned Dota and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Some of the guys I know that started after me cut their teeth by spamming 3-4 "noob friendly" heroes and they all still suck at the game and actively avoid playing any hero that requires a modicum of skill. Trial by fire is the only way.
could be worse
my friend group kept telling me to start with DP because she was the favourite of every other female player in our group and was relatively easy (this was 6.80-6.81).
sick.gif

never touched her, she was bullshit cancer in my opinion
then TI4 proved me right

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They should give ybb a picks and bans phase

mode fixed valve I take money in the form of hats
Why do that when you can just change the rules every day.

'Oh, now the abilities can be used if the beast is dead. Oh, and they scale. And Now you can give towers flack cannon. Oh, and it has skadii.'

Thank you for your help, friendos. I've been playing TTYD so I only just noticed the replies.
Depends if your worried about them fucking up your game or fucking up then being scared off
Definitely the latter. I'd probably smurf with them (or coach!) so me losing isn't a big deal.

Best part of losing YB mode? It only takes 20 mins
Since flak canon got added I've had a real hard time breaking barracks. If a team is really stubborn they can defend for up to 40 minutes I find which is annoying. One time I managed to queue twice in one wave we were so fast.

Big Dog

Just finished a game against the new and improved cancer lancer where my team had to turtle and defend our base for a solid 20 minutes. I went afk for a minute or two at like 20 minutes because we had lost every outer tower by then. But I checked back and realized they couldn't break base. So then we defended until we wiped them multiple times and walked down mid lane. Felt gooooooooooood.

J7sNVBL.png

BeesEight

I feel like a pro when I buy items like force staff over aghs scepter.

Then I force staff my sniper into the enemy...

(In my defence, he had an unhealthy appetite for standing in double chakram to man up)

JC Sera

Thank you for your help, friendos. I've been playing TTYD so I only just noticed the replies.
Definitely the latter. I'd probably smurf with them (or coach!) so me losing isn't a big deal.
then only the bolded in that list really count. Heroes like Earthshaker and Void can be super fun for noobs cause you can fuck up and laugh about it because its a part of the experience of the hero.

LiQuid!

I was on such a hot streak with Necro, then I got him on my hero challenge and played like a dumpster and lost.
cBj1LTf.png

But then I played him again and bitches got slayed.
highfive.gif

Hylian7

hook ministun going through bkb-> first pick/ban material

icefrog pm me for my bank account

They need the fountain hooking to return or Pudge will forever be a trench hero.

I feel like he's the in the same position as rikki & techies

pull him out occasionally and watch the other team panic because they were expecting something logical
sick.gif

A pure damage ministun and pull that goes through BKB and stun that goes through BKB on 30 second cooldown is pretty good I hear.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Today I saw a Year Beast with a level 4 upgrade.

I wasn't aware it even went up to 4. I wonder if it actually does anything or if it's just to show off how much money you spent on this mode.

xanavi

Theres been a fair few reports about this b4 yb, especially if the games are pre 6.82

Ever since the servers have been getting ddos'd on USE replays tended to go missing. It's a bummer and yb is just exacerbating things. Oh well, at least volvo must be happy to see they're breaking records.

BHK3

Banned

I wasn't aware it even went up to 4. I wonder if it actually does anything or if it's just to show off how much money you spent on this mode.

It doesn't, it stops at 3, its just a visual glitch when you click it multiple times quickly to upgrade it.

Hylian7

Pub Pet Peeve: People that put their icon on mid instantly and have no idea what they are going, even if you put yours there first and do know what you're picking.

I had a guy do it yesterday and he claimed he was 6k. He picked QoP, he had it first clearly, so I just let him have it and picked Jugg. We still won, he was 3.5k.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I don't think it does, I think its just a waste of points.

Pub Pet Peeve: People that put their icon on mid instantly and have no idea what they are going, even if you put yours there first and do know what you're picking.

I had a guy do it yesterday and he claimed he was 6k. He picked QoP, he had it first clearly, so I just let him have it and picked Jugg. We still won, he was 3.5k.
6k trapped in a 3.5k shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom