• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The thing is though at least YouTube still continuously improves and actually deserves to be on top of the marketshare. Twitch still uses a crappy flash player, mutes entire VODs, and more.

YouTube has an HTML5 option (more prominent now and quite nice actually), doesn't mute videos, etc. There are problems with it of course, such as ContentID, but this hasn't been nearly as rampant as Twitch's muting.

If Hitbox got as big as Twitch, it would be forced to do the same kind of thing

Those games where enemy sniper has 0 deaths and a mkb at 17 mins, daedalus at 22 mins, and 28 min bfly.

Sometimes I think MMR doesn't exist or is being gamed.

Hylian7

If Hitbox got as big as Twitch, it would be forced to do the same kind of thing

Sad and probably true. I really wish we would get some kind of copyright reform, companies suing over a song playing in the background of some guy's stream of him playing Dota sounds super ridiculous when you think about it.

shira

Those games where enemy sniper has 0 deaths and a mkb at 17 mins, daedalus at 22 mins, and 28 min bfly.

Sometimes I think MMR doesn't exist or is being gamed.
17m: mkb 5400 = ~317gpm

5m: dad 5500 = 1100gpm

6m: bfly 6000 = 1000gpm

wellthatescaledqucikly.gif

Hylian7

Hehe. Seems like a lot of people are waking up to Phase Boots Sniper.

Phase Snipper is legit, but in that case I don't think the Snipper was a smurf. Better than the rest? Probably.

So many times people forget FARM WINS GAMES.

Look at Dire's farm, the highest last hits is NP, who is barely above the other team's CLOCKWERK.

If you are getting behind, FARM YOUR WAY BACK INTO THE GAME. Don't start chasing crazy kills just because you're falling behind. Farm efficiently, and don't lose any further, and you can get your way back into it.

Phase Snipper is legit, but in that case I don't think the Snipper was a smurf. Better than the rest? Probably.

Look at Dire's farm, the highest last hits is NP, who is barely above the other team's CLOCKWERK.

If you are getting behind, FARM YOUR WAY BACK INTO THE GAME. Don't start chasing crazy kills just because you're falling behind. Farm efficiently, and don't lose any further, and you can get your way back into it.

Nah, just commenting since I die a little when people go treads and maelstorm without movement speed on Sniper.

My last two games with sniper have been phase boots>aquila>yasha>mask of madness>sange&yasha/manta/skadi>butterfly/daedalus/mjolnirr

It might not be the best item build, but fuck if I don't like it!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1244911816
Manta cuz I picked Sniper and enemy team went Storm Spirit, Tinker, Mirana, Drow

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1248555117
I randomed Sniper and enemy team went Clockwerk, Puck with Dagon so I went s&y for the HP/Movement Speed. I should had gone for butterfly instead of Mjolnirr but the game was like over so whatever!

Acinixys

So......why are people still dedicated to Twitch over superior stuff like Hitbox?

Even though Twitch is sometimes unwatchable for me it is physically impossible for me to watch Hitbox streams

Ive tried to watch your streams a few times Hylian, but all I get is weird artifacts and lag because every stream streams at 720p and up.

Hitbox as it stands is a EU/USA only service, until they start allowing users to switch the quality of the streams to lower resolutions they probably wont be getting any African/South American etc customers moving over

Even though Twitch is sometimes unwatchable for me it is physically impossible for me to watch Hitbox streams

Ive tried to watch your streams a few times Hylian, but all I get is weird artifacts and lag because every stream streams at 720p and up.

Hitbox as it stands is a EU/USA only service, until they start allowing users to switch the quality of the streams to lower resolutions they probably wont be getting any African/South American etc customers moving over

even with a fast internet Hitbox still manages to stutter. It sucks.

he has 53 games and a 76% win rate on sniper. There's no way he's not a smurf.

shira

Phase boots + MoM is the best.

Not for Yearbeast
jnCEM5w.gif
jnCEM5w.gif
jnCEM5w.gif

Sniper was a smurf 100%.

Played a game earlier with someone named Michael Cera. He sounded just like him over the Mic. When I mentioned it he said that's why his name is Michael Cera. Really weird how similar it was.

I could picture him playing DOTA though.

Do you think we will see any Mask of Madness nerfs anytime soon? IMO I think it is a really good cost efficient item, that gives sustain, movement speed, and massive attack speed for its cost (1800g). It is pretty damn efficient in the current top picked carries in pubs (Sniper/Juggernaut) due their great attack animations/BAT.

What I see that icefrog could do without destroying the item completely, reduced AS/MS/Lifesteal, increased taken damage or up the recipe again.

Do you think we will see any Mask of Madness nerfs anytime soon? IMO I think it is a really good cost efficient item, that gives sustain, movement speed, and massive attack speed for its cost (1800g). It is pretty damn efficient in the current top picked carries in pubs (Sniper/Juggernaut) due their great attack animations/BAT.

What I see that icefrog could do without destroying the item completely, reduced AS/MS/Lifesteal, increased taken damage or up the recipe again.

Does IceFrog even give a shit about Pub balance?

bbd23

rofl NA dota scene provides some of the best games honestly.

that Thundercats Vs Wheel game 1 was awesome

SF backdoor
headshot.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really need to try solo ranked matchmaking spamming Necro. I can't lose with him in unranked and I'm so terrible actually.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hear that Witch Doctor is a good hero.

Pretty good pick in Year Beast too. Not Tier 1 in the mode, but all of the Tier 1 heroes get picked almost instantly, while people normally ignore WD. One of the best moves you can do is start your heal before global silence, thing does work. Also his stun being refreshed is super annoying for the other team. Look at it go-go-go.

Zeus is already OP in pubs and he's even more OP in Year Beast.

Also Undying really isn't that good in Year Beast anymore.

Also, I am obligated to mention this everytime I talk about Year Beast: IT IS A SHITTY ASS P2W PIECE OF FILTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom