• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fucking 66 minute Year Beast game.

Part of it was the complete bullshit of Skadi towers, but part of it was the enemy Bristleback rampaging across our team multiple times until our Sniper slowly but surely got the damage output to murder him (along with the rest of the team packing as many disables as they could onto that fucker).

Also, we won with a Pudge on our team. The fuck was Pudge picked in YB for?

BHK3

Banned
at 21 YB wins

warlock is totally beatable with most lineups, but I'm not sure a smart sniper is

I havent lost a game as sniper yet. We gave them the dream teams a lot but the only heros that are truly unbeatable is tinkers that go aghs and good snipers, everyone else is a nonfactor most of the time.

Abaddon Magnus to shield/empower the beast, doesn't work if the beast gets disabled or if magnus has no shockwave/skewer points.

Any Support that isnt warlock omni zeus is a waste, you can use pugna as a better wave clearer + neather ward and omni needs levels and lots of mana.

Bristle is a must though. Snot and tank that gets money easily.

JC Sera

Are you ever in such a foul mood that all you wanna do is spam emoticons
dac15_upset.gif

So exactly 6 days ago, I decided I wanted to learn how to code. So for the past week, with very little coding experience prior, I've worked my way through videos, and three books regarding C# and I am currently on "Head First C#" by O'Reily.

How does this have anything to do with Dota you ask?

Well the first app that I took it upon myself to write taht wasn't based on an exercise or template was an app for Dota 2.

I present to you, DOTOPing2.

Basically, it's a small app that goes out and pings the various Dota datacenters around the world and returns a result in a small borderless window.

However, 3 of the servers that I had a list for aren't responding to pings, so I have the program just produce an error. If anyone knows how to get an updated list I will be happy to rebuild the program.
Program requires .NET 4.5
Here is a link to the source:
https://github.com/cornwood/dotoping2

And here is a compiled .exe

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzzDQjSZsTHaEM0T2kxcWFvUUk/view?usp=sharing

MlQDYN3.png

You can click around in the window to drag and move it. Mousing over the avg, jitter and last will produce explanations.

Feedback? Thanks!

Mohasus

at 21 YB wins

warlock is totally beatable with most lineups, but I'm not sure a smart sniper is

Sniper with repel is broken.

Any Support that isnt warlock omni zeus is a waste, you can use pugna as a better wave clearer + neather ward and omni needs levels and lots of mana.
Gyro works well as a support early, and with all that tower gold, you'll have no problems transitioning into a carry. I'm 5-0 with him in this event.
Same thing for jugg.

I still don't see warlock as a great pick, he needs solo exp to be relevant.

Beat snipers with omni on their teams as well. Really just overwhelmed them from start and they can't do anything. I'm meaning having 3 towers pushed with first beast. Really didn't give the snipers any time to play smart at all.

One guy on a YB team picked LC and it was legit. LC can heal and speed up the attack speed of the beast. Also troll is decent to take down other towers where the beast isn't at.

Okay guys, how many points do you win/lose in calibration games? I've won all four of my solo ranked calibration games on my smurf so far with the 1st game being at ~4k and the last at almost 4.3k. I wonder where I'll end up. Even if I lose all my remaining 6 games, I should technically not drop below 4.1k, is that the case?

G.ZZZ

Okay guys, how many points do you win/lose in calibration games? I've won all four of my solo ranked calibration games on my smurf so far with the 1st game being at ~4k and the last at almost 4.3k. I wonder where I'll end up. Even if I lose all my remaining 6 games, I should technically not drop below 4.1k, is that the case?

No matter where you end, you'll still be in the trench. 7.5k Meepo lastpickers against Ember, Shaker, lion, and then complain that we lose Kreygasm

Also my mom was flamed by a russian IRL today and i was very proud of her. This was the scene:

- motorcycle in the inner court of the building where it shouldn't be and tons of people going in and out from the public entrance when they shouldn't (basically they were B&B clients but rules states that you can't actually use a public entrance, but the private one of the B&B)
- mother saying wtf with those savages parking their bikes wherever they want
- russian woman came out saying bike's mine you got a problem?

She was all like

"what's your problem, you have nothing to do so you bother other people?"

At which she replied "i'm just saying that the rules are that you can't have vehicles in the inner court of a building, and yet here it is"

At which she went all rant on how Italy sucks and no wonder we're going to shit with all those dumbs rules and even dumber people (friendly reminder than Russia GDP is lower than Italy's one even with 3 times the population Kappa)

At which mom went like "well then go back to your country no one is forcing you to stay here"

And then she got like really mad and was so fun "i hit you, you fucking bitch, i hit you"

"Go on hit me, there are public officers here (dad), do your worst"
happytears.gif

Dedicated to Ksan! i know he would've liked this, peace be to his memory.

Happy Davai Cyka to everyone.

shira

No matter where you end, you'll still be in the trench. 7.5k Meepo lastpickers against Ember, Shaker, lion, and then complain that we lose Kreygasm

Also my mom was flamed by a russian IRL today and i was very proud of her. This was the scene:

- motorcycle in the inner court of the building where it shouldn't be and tons of people going in and out from the public entrance when they shouldn't (basically they were B&B clients but rules states that you can't actually use a public entrance, but the private one of the B&B)
- mother saying wtf with those savages parking their bikes wherever they want
- russian woman came out saying bike's mine you got a problem?

She was all like

"what's your problem, you have nothing to do so you bother other people?"

At which she replied "i'm just saying that the rules are that you can't have vehicles in the inner court of a building, and yet here it is"

At which she went all rant on how Italy sucks and no wonder we're going to shit with all those dumbs rules and even dumber people (friendly reminder than Russia GDP is lower than Italy's one even with 3 times the population Kappa)

At which mom went like "well then go back to your country no one is forcing you to stay here"

And then she got like really mad and was so fun "i hit you, you fucking bitch, i hit you"

"Go on hit me, there are public officers here (dad), do your worst"
happytears.gif

Dedicated to Ksan! i know he would've liked this, peace be to his memory.

Happy Davai Cyka to everyone.

Dota = Real life

Manus

at 21 YB wins

Guy on my team got pissed I built a Diffusal on Bristle for Warlock last night. We had no agility hero and I didn't care. I just wanted those golems dead.

Acinixys

I was on such a hot streak with Necro, then I got him on my hero challenge and played like a dumpster and lost.
cBj1LTf.png

But then I played him again and bitches got slayed.
highfive.gif

I really feel that Necro is as broken/more broken than pre nerf Jugg

If you can go mid and get a 10 minute treads + mek your team is almost unstoppable for the next 15 minutes

Spam heals and mek in fights till youre at 1/2 mana. Ulti a support on low HP. Regen back to full mana with Sadist. Spam more heals. Win fights with sheer sustain

I have solo carried so many games with aghs refresher Necro. Hero is stupid. Glad people stopped playing his as a support

rexor0717

It doesn't work all the time, but techies in my bracket are predictable so I usually pick a ranged support and teleport to the safelane since they usually offlane. They never expect it and I've had two people abandon because I ruined their plans. Its good to still bring sentries as well.

harSon

Banned
Dota is either the most fun game in the world, or the most infuriating. There's nothing in between. I'm currently on a shit streak of having at least one dude on the team whose too significant of a liability to overcome.

Solo MMR is going to be the end of me :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dota is either the most fun game in the world, or the most infuriating. There's nothing in between. I'm currently on a shit streak of having at least one dude on the team whose too significant of a liability to overcome.

Solo MMR is going to be the end of me :(
Have you considered playing for fun

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Seems as though the trick to Year Beast is to just pick Sniper

we lost yesterday to a team with a sniper on it that also had the world's most annoying nightstalker

no exaggeration, the guy deserves some kind of award for services in the pursuit of being an annoying dota player

shadowblade, phase boots, using his ult just to escape, he was pretty much impossible to pin down

harSon

Banned
Have you considered playing for fun

I do play for fun though. But I've been playing off and on since 2005, so having a goal (improving MMR for example) is a good incentive to keep playing.

I suppose I deserve this though. I used to do wack skill/item builds (carrying with supports, tanking with low life heroes, etc) and suspect hero selections to try and spice the game up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I do play for fun though. But I've been playing off and on since 2005, so having a goal (improving MMR for example) is a good incentive to keep playing.

I mean...don't you think this is contradictory? You say that you play for fun, but that it's good to have 'an incentive to keep playing', which implies that having fun isn't really it.

harSon

Banned
I mean...don't you think this is contradictory? You say that you play for fun, but that it's good to have 'an incentive to keep playing', which implies that having fun isn't really it.

It's not contradictory? You can have fun without it being aimless. I mean, I could invite one of ya'll to skype to hear me while I play. It's anything but boring Lol.

The only thing that took the fun of Dota away from me was playing competitive, which is why I stopped back in 06/07 - that and the competitive scene reducing the hero pool in non-competitive games through influence. Stop playing Sniper, Jugg and Axe ya'll :(

I have never won a year beast

I can play regular DOTA at an okay level!

Year beast is just some impossible wall to climb

I've only played like 3 or 4 times though but each was bad enough that I don't want to play that fucking mode again

Also hi dota gaf

Acinixys

I have never won a year beast

I can play regular DOTA at an okay level!

Year beast is just some impossible wall to climb

I've only played like 3 or 4 times though but each was bad enough that I don't want to play that fucking mode again

Also hi dota gaf

Dont stress

Its a stupid P2W mode

I know cause i P2W and am 7 wins 2 losses

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's just as well i haven't paid to win year beast because i always get confused about the ability names and end up hitting like, hand of god when i want the zeus ult one. i mean...zeus is a god so it makes sense to me that it would be called 'hand of god'.

i did that about three times in the year beast game i played yesterday.

J2d

I've been complaining about no drops for months and now with YB I've gotten like 14 sets and outside of a necro one I think they all suck ass. I've been checking out a lot of sets and there like 5 or 7 in total that I think look good, I should just shut up and buy them instead of hoping for drops or a trade but it seems like a dangerous path.

Not when you get a Swedish Sniper that goes for the 30 minute Shadow Blade into Manta Style.
Swedish people in dota are barely one step abowe Russians IMO.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
why does the liquipedia page for team secret have EG symbols next to arteezy and zai. are americans just that salty or what

NBtoaster

I played one game of year beast, it was not enjoyable. Low player base = you getting matched with actual vegetables. It wasn't a problem with cooperative modes but in this mode you actually have to lane with people for a while.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems as though the trick to Year Beast is to just pick Sniper
That are pray to RNGesus for refresh luck.

"Have you ever seen this many demons!" - Warlock, after summoning his 6th pair of infernals.

Rat strats are also really effective from what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom